Looking for a team compisition(Troopers)

OnJouney
309 posts Member
Hey,
Looking for a fun team and because I haven't geared imperial troopers at all, I thought maybe I go for them.
Also I thought about Gar Saxon.
Could someone tell me a good compisition?
I don't have Death Trooper, Gar Saxon and his companion at 7 stars, but the rest is. Just need to gear them up.
Thanks.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Where do you want to use them? Is thrawn an option? Do you have shore? .gg acct helps
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the fast reply!
    TB, TW or maybe in arena sometimes. As I said, just for fun. ^^
    Here you go:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jokerman10000/collection/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    There are a lot of combos that do well in different parts. Thrawn lead with magma does pretty well against p1 sith raid. Veers lead trooper work well in p4 haat. For tw it can be wise to save veers troopers to take out NS squads that ppl love setting on defense. Tarkin is a really good alternate on these squads.

For pure troopers, veers starck shore snow and DT is probably the best go-to squad
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Btw DT is definitely worth the hard farm!
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    I see
    Thanks! Yea, I started to farm him once for the ship, but stopped half way when foe came out.
    Do you know a team with Gar Saxon in it?
    Gonna farm Death trooper first though. Till I have Death trooper at 7 stars they'll be geared up I guess :smiley:
  • My trooper team defended 13 times in the last TW. Veers, Stark, Shore, Storm, Snow. All g11, no zeta on veers.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Gar Saxon is... very underwhelming. He's, like... C string leftovers from more coherent Empire teams, or part of an out-of-faction grab bag, and isn't very well supported. He needs allies who can attack out of turn a lot. However, the only abilities that do that in-faction are his lead, super commando, and Thrawn. Plus, his damage output leaves a lot to be desired.

What he really needs is a counterattacking tank. However, most of those are already locked in other lineups. Maybe you could do with K2SO or Gamorrean Guard, under a generic lead?
    Still not a he.
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Something like Sun Fuc?
    I see, then I'll farm them last (at least want them in the roster^^)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Preferably something better than a 50% counter, but for a table scraps team, it can work.

Oh, but on the specific topic of troopers teams? Main characters you're drawing on are the troopers themselves, plus Thrawn and Krennic.

None of the troopers themselves are bad. Only good and less good, though Magmatrooper is seldom worth the entry despite being a solid unit. Thrawn and Krennic in particular compliment them best, with either of them as leader. You can do five trooper, though that's generally underwhelming. But four or three trooper under Krennic or Thrawn can work quite well. And there are a lot of configurations of those units you can do that work well. Thrawn lead, Krennic, Veers, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper is a classic and effective lineup. Dropping Krennic for Starck or Stormtrooper also works.
    Still not a he.
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Kay, gonna farm them slowly
    Thanks everyone :smile: