Mod Tier Bump?

As you all are aware, mods come in 5 tiers right now. However, I noticed that if you go to Sell Mods, and then go to filter by rarity, these are the options:
_2r02RwnSBOS8zZsNjbqDQ.png
Has it always been like this? And if not, does that mean we are going to be seeing 6- and 7-dot mods added soon?
"Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Replies

• Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Think it's always been like that
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Correct
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member

Yes it has
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    It has always been like that,

Mods were up to seven star upon release, with six star being heroic rancor rewards and seven star not quite implemented in, and over various reasons, 6/7 were temporarily cancelled,
  • It has always been like that,

Mods were up to seven star upon release, with six star being heroic rancor rewards and seven star not quite implemented in, and over various reasons, 6/7 were temporarily cancelled,

Ah, I didn't know. That's all before my time.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    There's a few parts of the game where you can spot room for growth. This is one of them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It has always been like that,

Ah, I didn't know. That's all before my time.

Fun fact, when mods first came out we all had 7 dot mods. They dropped in the raids, they actually tied together the raid character bonuses and mod challenge character restrictions.

If you follow the theme, I think that is why we still have character bonuses in other game mods, they are probably there from that part of the plan and would indicate what type of mod would have dropped from those locations.