Thoughts on Bounty Hunter Contracts?

EricsonX
703 posts Member
I dunno, seems like they're tending to be stuff you get to benefit from halfway through the fight or later?

Replies

• Options
    Very difficult for the AI to use I imagine and the bonus doesn't make them any more viable for anything. Zetas are extremely mediocre
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    It's designed for PvE. Very useful for Territory Battles.
    Still not a he.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    My general thought is that the BH need to be good enough without fulfilling contracts for them to be of value in Arena/TW. They might be. I wouldn't count on the AI to get anything right when it comes to contracts.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    My general thought is that the BH need to be good enough without fulfilling contracts for them to be of value in Arena/TW. They might be. I wouldn't count on the AI to get anything right when it comes to contracts.

They were not designed for either of those game modes.

Not to say they wouldn't work as a decent offensive team in TW. But the dev team stated they were not pvp minded reworks. The feature was geared towards pve.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Not to say they wouldn't work as a decent offensive team in TW. But the dev team stated they were not pvp minded reworks. The feature was geared towards pve.

Kyno, if everyone plays the same 2 teams the game is no fun. What's fun about the game is trying to find new ways to win. We know they were designed for PVE. What I'm curious about is are they going to be any good in the raid. If they are bad in the raid and bad in arena, then the rework is worthless. Doing a little bit of work in DS TB isn't worth the cost of entry for the team. But I suspect they have a good place outside of DS TB.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Kyno, if everyone plays the same 2 teams the game is no fun. What's fun about the game is trying to find new ways to win. We know they were designed for PVE. What I'm curious about is are they going to be any good in the raid. If they are bad in the raid and bad in arena, then the rework is worthless. Doing a little bit of work in DS TB isn't worth the cost of entry for the team.

For you.

I need another DS team and this may be it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno, if everyone plays the same 2 teams the game is no fun. What's fun about the game is trying to find new ways to win. We know they were designed for PVE. What I'm curious about is are they going to be any good in the raid. If they are bad in the raid and bad in arena, then the rework is worthless. Doing a little bit of work in DS TB isn't worth the cost of entry for the team. But I suspect they have a good place outside of DS TB.
    They generate event tokens from DSTB and have their own special event in the recurring bounties mission that can get you extremely rare and valuable shards, including Wampa shards.

If you push your bounty hunter team to the limit, it can get you 5400 event tokens worth of Wampa shards every time the Galactic Bounties event rolls around. There are people who don't get that much from an entire Territory Battle, and there are plenty of folk who've gone all in on a team for less than that.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    From what I have seen so far, they arent very good in PVE either lol. Good but not great would be an apt description. Bossk might change that.. hopefully. They still dont excel anywhere in the Sith Raid from what I have seen currently.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    From what I have seen so far, they arent very good in PVE either lol. Good but not great would be an apt description. Bossk might change that.. hopefully. They still dont excel anywhere in the Sith Raid from what I have seen currently.

This is what I am worried about. I thought that in one of the release videos (maybe Ahnald's) they had a BH P2 hit of over 2 mil. I hope that there is something we can do with the team in the heroic sith if they are indeed pve content.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Kyno, if everyone plays the same 2 teams the game is no fun. What's fun about the game is trying to find new ways to win. We know they were designed for PVE. What I'm curious about is are they going to be any good in the raid. If they are bad in the raid and bad in arena, then the rework is worthless. Doing a little bit of work in DS TB isn't worth the cost of entry for the team.

For you.

I need another DS team and this may be it.

I understand that I was talking for myself there.