Nihilus, Chirrut, ATF, Krennic, Gar and Holdo

1235Next

Replies

• Just curious, but why these characters of all the choices? Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I'm not complaining about these bonus drops, but personally I'd rather take double drops especially with the daily hard node increase.

You guessed right.
    I do have DN, Krennic, ATF and Chirrut 7*.
    Shardshoop tokens are good enough for me.
    And some point I want to have Gar, and unevitably I will have Holdo as well.
    This is a collection game, and we take whatever they give us free. Thats how it works.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Just curious, but why these characters of all the choices? Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I'm not complaining about these bonus drops, but personally I'd rather take double drops especially with the daily hard node increase.

Double drops lol, CG are not that generous anymore, have you not noticed this over the last year?

These are the shards given because as you state everyone has DN, Chirrut and ATF. Most have DT. As for Gar and Holdo, whilst alot wont have them 7* they are useless.

Its just shard shop currency.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Shimrra wrote: »
    it was some king of tradition for us to have double drop for may the 4th...we were used to have it and pretty pleased for that.

2 or 3 times a year is not "all the time" for most of us ^^
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Carrie thank you and the team for 2 new events. I take so much pleasure in destroying rebels with empire.
  • Having the lowest of expectations for May 4th has helped. I'm all tapped out, 3x Energy Refresh, 3x Cantina refresh.

I just wish they'd allow 50 crystal standard energy refreshes all day today. Been saving my crystals for today hoping it mattered, it didn't.

Oh well, at least I got an extra 500 guild event currency, 4 Nihilus shards, 4 Holdo shards and 4 Fulcrum shards. That's worth 450 crystals yeah? Maybe? Possibly?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Having the lowest of expectations for May 4th has helped. I'm all tapped out, 3x Energy Refresh, 3x Cantina refresh.

I just wish they'd allow 50 crystal standard energy refreshes all day today. Been saving my crystals for today hoping it mattered, it didn't.

Oh well, at least I got an extra 500 guild event currency, 4 Nihilus shards, 4 Holdo shards and 4 Fulcrum shards. That's worth 450 crystals yeah? Maybe? Possibly?

Why would that be worth 450 crystals though? You're buying 6 refreshes that are worht 450 crystals, you're not buying the bonus drops.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    I've run through 700 energy in refreshes. Got 7 drops (14 shards) of Gar, 6 drops (12 shards) of DK, 6 drops of DN (12 shards). And 1 drop (2 shards) of Chirrut since I did 3 light side.

I did 98 total sims. 95 Darkside (note that 11 of these were 16 energy instead of 12), 3 lightside.
    I got 20 drops total. That's a drop rate of about 21%.

Shipments produce shards at about 80 crystals per shard (320/4=80).

I refreshed 6 times for a total of 50+50+100+100+200+200 = 700.

Total shards I earned was 40 (2 per drop) : 700 / 40 = 17.5 crystals per shard, or about 25% less than a shipment.

If you want to use the logic, but I only what character X shards and I get to choose from shipments, the return is a little worse. For example, DN, it would be 700 / 12 = 58.3 crystals per shard. That is still a better return than shipments.

Obviously, this is predicated that you get a return around the 21% rate. My last run of energy I got 0 bonus shards.

I'll leave it up to others if they feel this is worth the reward. In my experience today, the return was worth it from a pure crystals/shard aspect. However, my opinion would've been different had I gotten all Gar shards, for example, instead of getting DN ones.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    it was some king of tradition for us to have double drop for may the 4th...we were used to have it and pretty pleased for that.

2 or 3 times a year is not "all the time" for most of us ^^
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

princess-leia.gif
    Run...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    According to my sources, this is an incorrect statement.

I also dont recall this being stated either, but I asked to ensure that we are all on the same page.
    I'm paraphrasing, but I specifically recall Carrie saying something to that effect on one of the GameChanger interviews. Can't find it at the moment, though.

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to, but that was not my intent. We love double drops, we just don't run them all the time.

I believe they were referring to your interview with Going Nerdy? I know it was a recent interview where this was mentioned. And yep, you said clearly that you don't want to overuse double drops, not that they are inherently bad or a failed experiment.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »

I also dont recall this being stated either, but I asked to ensure that we are all on the same page.
    I'm paraphrasing, but I specifically recall Carrie saying something to that effect on one of the GameChanger interviews. Can't find it at the moment, though.

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to, but that was not my intent. We love double drops, we just don't run them all the time.

I believe they were referring to your interview with Going Nerdy? I know it was a recent interview where this was mentioned. And yep, you said clearly that you don't want to overuse double drops, not that they are inherently bad or a failed experiment.

not wanting to overuse something implies it's exactly the opposite of a failed experiment though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • So during the Dark Age of the Sith Raid Reward Nerf, I made a comment about how maybe the devs were concerned that the gap between new players and longtime players was getting too big and creating content for everyone would become too difficult. A couple of people replied that in this situation, the devs need to catch new players up instead of slowing old players down. This event seems tuned to do exactly that - it shortens farms for new players and speeds up their progress. This is a good thing, even if you as a veteran player don't feel you benefit much from it in the moment or feel it's somehow unfair. Also, it does seem to be a big clue as to which characters will help in STR...

And from what I've read, it seems like double drops are more of a Star Wars anniversary/new movie release bonus (both happening on May 25 this month!), so maybe save the whining until we see what CG has planned for that?

I'm really enjoying all of it, thank you devs!
  • Cahhmakt
    38 posts Member
    When is the last time double drops happened????
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member

also means its used a fair bit once every 3-4 months MAYBE is nothing near what couuld be classed as overuse. i drink 3 glasses of wine a year. does that make me an alcoholic for overusing alcohol? ;}

Relativity is important in this context. If your liver was the size of a mouse, then yes. If three double drops a year would create a negative overall impact to progession metrics, then yes.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    leef wrote: »

not wanting to overuse something implies it's exactly the opposite of a failed experiment though.

Oh I don't believe it's a failed experiment at all. It's a mutually beneficial tool that allows CG to adjust progression when they need to, and also create a measure of excitement and gratitude in the player base. Deploying this particular tool can have a significant impact on progession so they obviously want to be cautious when using it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

No it wasn't. Take a look at the announcements threads for yourself--last year there were no double drops on 4 May. There were a stretch of double drops in April, it's likely that's what you're conflating.

The only thing we got last year was the introduction of R2-D2 and a few quality of life upgrades on the 1st.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    I will say that the drop rates of these characters are pretty sad I have probably spent 1000 energy and has received 0 dn drops sadly he’s all I need. Don’t get me wrong free stuff is nice lol but is anyone else having horrible luck?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

Gotcha. Sorry for misrepresenting your words, then.
    Still not a he.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    My only sadness is that I'm farming Shoretrooper, which is a LS node, and I want Krennic and Gar :D
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    My only sadness is that I'm farming Shoretrooper, which is a LS node, and I want Krennic and Gar :D
    I farm one light and one hard node at a time, so it worked out for me well-enough. But I’ll admit I can only make this work because I have most characters 7*ed and can buy gear from the various stores instead of having to farm it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I really enjoyed the bonus drops. I put aside my node gear farming for the four days and exclusively focused on low energy DS nodes for characters I still need to 7* (Clone Sargent, Dooku, Barris, Jawa) except for my usual LS farms (Shoretrooper/Lobot) and I have to say the bonus drops definitely sped up my Nihilus farm considering I think I went from 30ish/85 to 60ish/85. All the bonus drops of Gar also helped since he's not my priority any time soon but the 10-12 shards I got will help when I eventually do go for him.

I just wish I had gotten more Holdo shards when farming Shore/Lobot rather than Chirrut/ATF since I already had those two 7*. I would have liked to get a free star upgrade from the bonus drops.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    The extra Krennic shards was right down my alley, so I'm not complaining. Now I just need another 8 shards to 7* him.