Don’t normally ask for advice but...

Damodamo
1586 posts Member
Can anyone who has time take a look at my roster, give me some ideas for arena and/or farm, only thing I’m farming solidly atm is the vets for obv reasons.

https://swgoh.gg/u/damodamo/

Cheers in advance :)

Replies

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    @Damodamo - you have a squad many of us, myself included, would be jealous of!

What help speicifially would you/could you need?
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Farming - wicket and Talzin, all day every day to get to those 7* gated zeta events.
    Also, Starck (and once the vets are done) death trooper.

Thrawn plus troopers are one of the best STR phase 2 teams around, IPD shard farming, and I am going to say that Death Trooper is probably tied with BB8 as the (currently - I am sure we will see more characters, possibly even as soon as some of the Solo toons that will be ‘raid breaking’ start to come available over the next few months) second most important character for the STR.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    I think you’ll find Veers (w/ Zeta) and Imperial Troopers, specifically Death Trooper, Shore Trooper, Stark and Snow Trooper to be a worthy investment in many different game modes.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Keep farming vets. Finish bb8. You definitely need to farm mods. Start refreshing in arena to get a higher rank. You’d be surprised how easy it is to move up. Right now zEP is good in arena. Other than that, keep doing what you’re doing.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    I am surprised your GP is this high with what you have
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Your mods are severely lacking. The first thing I would do if I were you is work on your Jawas. Get them to 7 stars, gear 7-9 will be sufficient to start farming the critical damage mod node.

Work on nightsisters since you've started, imperial troopers too. Deathtrooper and shoretrooper are essential.

Gear your Han to 12 and push for a top 100 in arena. Farm some speed mods for now to help you in arena.

Focus on your pilots, and push for a top 10 finish in fleet arena. That should boost your crystal income.

Most people would have a close minded vision and tell you to farm veterans for Rey. This is a short sighted advice. You want to get some mods first which will help you secure more crystals every day and also push on fleet arena. This way you can guarantee 3 refreshes per day which will ultimately boost your farm rates of the vets and other arena characters and that's going to help you alot more in the long run. You can work on vets doing 0-1 refreshes a day which will give you 2-4 shards daily or you can first increase your crystal income which will help you do 2-3 refreshes per day which will give you 8-12 shards per day. So better be patient with Veterans.

I hope this helps.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @CoastalJames just some direction really, don’t want to float and then not get any further for a while. But thankyou :)

@TheJEFFtm @Inke yeah I think beers and troopers s/be next in line, good ideas

@sying I don’t see the point in refreshing in normal arena, the extra isn’t that helpful, I place top 3 in ships everyday so sub 100 in normal arena and ships top 3 is between 400 and 500 crystals a day, plus once I get to around 80 ish it becomes a pain to climb higher :/. I’ve been alternating days with zpalp, zcls and Rex leads, seem to drop less with Rex than palp for some reason..

@PeteSolo erm, cheers for that bud?
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @PeteSolo my pilots are good to be honest, I’m top 3 daily in my ship arena, first most days. My mods I’m not sure are ‘severely’ lacking, they could do with some work I agree, but for the purposes of my gp and arena shard they are about where they are needed. But I will take it into consideration thanks.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    It sounds like you want Jedi Rey, so focus on getting her. Even if the event starts tomorrow (Don't worry, it won't) and you miss out (Don't worry, you won't) keep on focusing on those Veterans so that you'll be ready for the character you want when it becomes available.

Beyond that, and I really mean this, just farm whoever you think is interesting. This game is built for the long run, so eventually every character will be useful somewhere. Folks like to talk about the meta as if it's this monolithic entity that will stay the same from now until forever and a day. It changes. Characters fall out of favor. Characters get reworked. New characters get introduced.

Get you a team that you find fun to play first and foremost. Once you have that, then focus on the specialized teams--a team for Rancor and AAT raids, a team for each of the Mod Challenges, work on pilots and ships (although if the aforementioned "team that's fun to play" IS ships, then do that first). But always remember that the goal of any game is your own enjoyment. So if you want to play Ewoks in Arena, go for it! There was an Ewok team in the top 200 of my arena leaderboard (February 2016!) last I saw, but now that I finally have Rey I'm back hovering near 100 so don't see them anymore.

I farmed Lobot two years ago because I opened him in a bronzium pack, saw he had one location, and thought, "This is going to take forever, so I guess I'd better get started now" and got him up to 7 without paying anything. I took him to g9 because he didn't need any raid gear. My friends thought I was crazy, and maybe I was, but eventually Territory Battles came out and there was Lobot in nearly every Platoon and so W H O I S C R A Z Y N O W?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @NicWester there is the fun aspect, but I’m 2mil gp, so have a rancor solo team in auto, have various teams for haat, have pilots and ships for arena down, not far of maxing what it makes sense to run,kind of working on str teams but also lacking focus right now so thought I’d get opinions from here, so thanks mate :) appreciate it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section.
  • Naminef
    34 posts Member
    Honestly, just focus on finishing a few teams. Maximize the power(get and finish out g12 on some squads) and work on getting better +speed mods. Getting a strong NS team farmed should be on your list somewhere. If you're already farming Talzin, don't forget Zombie.

I know mods are hard to get while you're farming vets(me too), but keep an eye out for the really good ones in the mod store. Credits are usually easier to come by than crystals, so if you see a really good mod in the store, snag it. Don't be cheap :wink:
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    there is the fun aspect, but I’m 2mil gp, so have a rancor solo team in auto, have various teams for haat, have pilots and ships for arena down, not far of maxing what it makes sense to run,kind of working on str teams but also lacking focus right now so thought I’d get opinions from here, so thanks mate :) appreciate it

In that case, go with either Clones or Troopers, depending on the content you want to focus on next—both are surprisingly versatile and fun to play!

Maybe Imperial Troopers first, since they’re newer and used in newer content (Rebel Roundup, Territory Battles, all things Empire, etc) and Clones are more outdated.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @PeteSolo my pilots are good to be honest, I’m top 3 daily in my ship arena, first most days. My mods I’m not sure are ‘severely’ lacking, they could do with some work I agree, but for the purposes of my gp and arena shard they are about where they are needed. But I will take it into consideration thanks.

Ok, if you're placing high in fleet then you're good. Your mods are lacking. You only have 2 good mods, everything else is bellow +15 speed. Also the most important mods in the game are the critical damage ones. They will boost your damage for arena and the sith raid most importantly.

I'd work on Jawas right away, the sooner you can farm some crit damage mods the better. Also JE is a beast in the sith raid so you'd better get started on that project. It takes time
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @NicWester @PeteSolo thanks for the pointers gents..
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Mods have already been mentioned. However, you can have an instant improvement in the arena by moving the mods you already have around. Always fight your arena battles with your best mods. F.ex. a fast Rex could help your team.

https://swgoh.gg/u/damodamo/mods/?stat1_5=1
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @Waqui thank your for the link, filtering by stat was not something I knew I could do!! Had already moved cody’s, done a little playin around now thanks, didn’t realise either that if I took speed of tfp it wouldn’t slow his ship if it was a 5* mod I replaced with, tried it on the off chance and it’s still at 193 for the ship, so thankyou!! I’d kept it like that in the mistaken belief it would slow the ship as well, as it’s the 2nd fastest one in my shard it’s important to keep it there so I go first against all but one squad. Thanks again
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes, @Damodamo, the filtering option on swgoh.gg is a great tool for sorting your mods :—)

Regarding mods for pilots:
    Only level and dots/stars of pilot mods influence the stats of their ships. The actual stats of their mods don't matter at all. In general: Whatever influences the GP of the pilots also influences the stats of their ships.