Hating it but giving in........

Prev1
Abyss
1651 posts Member
I was ready to quit the game as grievous is my fav character weather hes junk or OP.

This left me in the delima of do i take the infinite time to paitently farm him and go literally years without my fav character OR sacrifice the whole game and all progress to attain my fav character in what i calculate as around 170 days.......

I chose option B sadly.....
Im beyond mad that the devs thought it a good idea to make yet another massivly wanted character into a spot where they are virtually unattainable but it is what it is i suppose.....

The devs beat me....
They won......

Heres the result.

My whole game is on pause till i have grievous at 7*
Goodbye arena rank, hello grievous shards.
No more farming anything i need/want. I am only farming things i already have form ALL possible venues to make this take as little time as possible.

Upside is no more $ needs to be spent since im after things i already have. I didnt spend much to begin with was a provider of steady income for them.
Crystals subs, bundles, extra crystals are what i bought as presented and as needed but since im not looking fir needed shards or gear i have no need for crystals or bundle paks or crystal subs till grievous is finished.

Thnx for saving me $ and making the game pointless fir the next 170ish days...... Well played

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Ugh?????????????????????????? Why would this have to affect your arena rank?
  • Don't farm GG. He will eventually be released in normal areas....hopefully less than 170 days! Just make yourself believe he doesn't exist in the game until that happens. Good news is, you hardly won't see him in game so you won't be reminded constantly or will get sick of him.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Phipps wrote: »
    Don't farm GG. He will eventually be released in normal areas....hopefully less than 170 days! Just make yourself believe he doesn't exist in the game until that happens. Good news is, you hardly won't see him in game so you won't be reminded constantly or will get sick of him.

No he wont! Can you imagine the outrage of people who put all those shards into him to eventually have him released elsewhere wont happen he is "Shard shop exclusive"!
  • I like your train of thought. Play this game the way YOU want to play it. Grievous is still F2P for those who are patient. And I'm willing to bet that his availability increases a few months down the road. Right now, he's meant for whales but that will change soon enough.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »
    Ugh?????????????????????????? Why would this have to affect your arena rank?

Be ause if i make 0 progress on anything the ones around me grow past me.
    Im consistent top rank (1st once or twice per week, generally top 5 and rarely lower then top 10).

Pretty sure dedicating all resources to farm him will result in dropped rank fast
  • This game hasn't even been out 170 days.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Don't farm GG. He will eventually be released in normal areas....hopefully less than 170 days! Just make yourself believe he doesn't exist in the game until that happens. Good news is, you hardly won't see him in game so you won't be reminded constantly or will get sick of him.

Hes my fav an they released him, thats a wrap. I accept it. I simply do not follow the logic of releasing a character that virtually every player wants and making it so virtually none can have him. Thats my issue. I said before i think the whales deserve a truly exclusive toon but why pick one we all have wanted since day 1? Make sno sence because FTP and moderate penders like me are not going go "holy smokes" and drop $2,000 lol so it cant be a ploy to get us to spend.

As i said, it is what it is, just wanted to vent. Abandoning the entire game to get him as fast as possible (170ish days) is my decision. The devs backed me in a corner with his release, and thats the escape route i chose.

Dont misunderstand my frustration. It is my decision and the devs arent forcing me in the choice. They did however force me to have to make one tho lol
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    This game hasn't even been out 170 days.

Correct
  • This game hasn't even been out 170 days.

You might want to change your avatar. You remind me of someone else. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This game hasn't even been out 170 days.

You might want to change your avatar. You remind me of someone else. ;)

Lol rite
  • GO for it! Play how you want to play! I'll eventually farm Grievous too, but after I finish my current characters.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Veldaren wrote: »
    GO for it! Play how you want to play! I'll eventually farm Grievous too, but after I finish my current characters.

I am, its gonna suck not finishing top in arena and not being able to fo anything in the gameexcept save shards from farming the same stuff i already have (not much of a game at that point) but hes my fav, it is what it is
  • Get a 7 star arena team then go for grevious.

You need to stay too 200 to max arena shards. Why is it taking you 170 days? Assuming you have a max Cantina node, shipment, arena, and GW you should be able to get 15 GW, 10 Arena, 5 Cantina ship, 10 cantina node so that's 40 per day. If you have a few hard nodes that work like lumis node or Talias you could get close to 45 a day. At 3ish Grevious shards a day you be able to get him in 120 days or so. That's about the same time as getting Rey.
  • @Abyss I don't get how at this point you need to give up on your PVP rank? Especially since that will help you farm him faster.

What level are you? How old is your server? How many 7* characters do you have? What is your PVP team? How is their gear?

You should have energy left over to farm gear, as spending it on hard modes would seem like a waste due to RNG and crystal cost if you want to aggressively refresh.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Get a 7 star arena team then go for grevious.

You need to stay too 200 to max arena shards. Why is it taking you 170 days? Assuming you have a max Cantina node, shipment, arena, and GW you should be able to get 15 GW, 10 Arena, 5 Cantina ship, 10 cantina node so that's 40 per day. If you have a few hard nodes that work like lumis node or Talias you could get close to 45 a day. At 3ish Grevious shards a day you be able to get him in 120 days or so. That's about the same time as getting Rey.

Thats the plan but i am reserving nodes for jedi till i get the lst 3 from 6* to 7* for yoda event. After that, all available energy will go into nodes as well which im oraying cuts it down to more in the 130-140 day range but time will tell. Im quite sure dedicating that much time/resources exclusivly to grievous will knovk me from a top 5 playr well out of the top 200 which will then extend the farm time back up to my original estimate.

Its really a lose lose situation imo
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Harmonica wrote: »
    @Abyss I don't get how at this point you need to give up on your PVP rank? Especially since that will help you farm him faster.

What level are you? How old is your server? How many 7* characters do you have? What is your PVP team? How is their gear?

You should have energy left over to farm gear, as spending it on hard modes would seem like a waste due to RNG and crystal cost if you want to aggressively refresh.

Its the time requirement. I have prob
    15 toons max lvl in purple gear
    7-10 of them are 7*
    7-10 of them are max gear
    All are max abilities
    All are max lvl 70
    Playing since end of november

As i said, my rank will surely drop over time because of the time requirement that farming grievous will take. If the entire game is on hold and all resources are going into him then no progress will be made elsewhere allowing everyone to buiod around me which will drop my rank quickly as they grow an get better.

Im sure my toon situation sounds good but its not really lol. I don't use toons because they are good (rey, fotp, gs, poe, etc) have not built any of the "meta" toons and wont unless they are actually cool in the lore. I think its boring to play a star wars game with all the cool characters and end up using nothing but random filler characters because the devs seem to think the filler characters run the galaxy (im pretty sure a geo soldier never was able to kill even a random clone much less a sith or jedi). How powerful they make these filler characters is just d.u.m.b. So my squad scrapes by as is because its made up of characters i like
  • Abyss wrote: »

Thats the plan but i am reserving nodes for jedi till i get the lst 3 from 6* to 7* for yoda event. After that, all available energy will go into nodes as well which im oraying cuts it down to more in the 130-140 day range but time will tell. Im quite sure dedicating that much time/resources exclusivly to grievous will knovk me from a top 5 playr well out of the top 200 which will then extend the farm time back up to my original estimate.

Maybe you have a really hard server but I never refresh arena matches and easily stay in the 250-150 range. I even missed like 4 days this week and ended up at 400. Give up on top 10 on my opinion but I think your fall won't be quite as bad as you think.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

Maybe you have a really hard server but I never refresh arena matches and easily stay in the 250-150 range. I even missed like 4 days this week and ended up at 400. Give up on top 10 on my opinion but I think your fall won't be quite as bad as you think.

I hope not cause 10 arena shards per day is part of that time guatimate hahahaha but we shall see. Rite now my server is not too awful bad but its getting harder fast as more an more ppl stop playing toons they like and are moving away from them in favor of toons like GS.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    It still confuses me that Disney or lucasfilms has no control or say in anything that happens with games like this. Essentially charging fans hundreds of dollars to get 1 character and to make them usable is kind of ridiculous. And I hate the argument...its a game you don't have to pay. I'm 100% f2p.

Imagine if opening night of episode vii was 500 a ticket for iMax 3D instead of the $15 I paid.
    I would of paid the 500 to see it first, but at the same time doing this is bad for business and makes fans resent the company and brand of Star Wars.

It's why I don't understand how Disney doesn't limit or monitor how other company's are using the Star Wars brand they are licensing. Or they do monitor it and allow all of this to go on. Who knows I am not in corporate licensing....

I will always be f2p with this game because of how bad the pricing is, so things like GG don't bother me because I have to be patient.

My fear is that this behavior by CG and EA will continue and **** off the whales and the game will collapse into itself.

My shard only has a few whales, if they were to quit it would be pointless for me to play since there would no longer be any competition.
  • Yes, general groevous is hard to get. Not sure if he is worth it. He will be great but I dont like the thing he does where if he is under 50% health he cause an ally to do taunt. A non tank character taunting will die super fast.
  • I hope not cause 10 arena shards per day is part of that time guatimate hahahaha but we shall see. Rite now my server is not too awful bad but its getting harder fast as more an more ppl stop playing toons they like and are moving away from them in favor of toons like GS.

@Abyss

I agree it's getting a little tougher on mine as well, but i suspect once your fall happens you won't find it toooooo bad. I hope not anyway lol. Kudos on going for it tho.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Apollodo wrote: »
    Yes, general groevous is hard to get. Not sure if he is worth it. He will be great but I dont like the thing he does where if he is under 50% health he cause an ally to do taunt. A non tank character taunting will die super fast.

So does a tank, that's why we don't see any defense teams, unless they do something about making armor useful

I understand why OP does it, he like GG and want him in his collection, that makes sense as this is a collector game, I thought about doing the same since he came, not because of his powers or usefulness, but to have him in my collection
    Still thinking about it
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I can't bring myself to do that. I'd quit. I have to have SOME kind of variety.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    I was ready to quit the game as grievous is my fav character weather hes junk or OP.

This left me in the delima of do i take the infinite time to paitently farm him and go literally years without my fav character OR sacrifice the whole game and all progress to attain my fav character in what i calculate as around 170 days.......

I chose option B sadly.....
    Im beyond mad that the devs thought it a good idea to make yet another massivly wanted character into a spot where they are virtually unattainable but it is what it is i suppose.....

The devs beat me....
    They won......

Heres the result.

My whole game is on pause till i have grievous at 7*
    Goodbye arena rank, hello grievous shards.
    No more farming anything i need/want. I am only farming things i already have form ALL possible venues to make this take as little time as possible.

Upside is no more $ needs to be spent since im after things i already have. I didnt spend much to begin with was a provider of steady income for them.
    Crystals subs, bundles, extra crystals are what i bought as presented and as needed but since im not looking fir needed shards or gear i have no need for crystals or bundle paks or crystal subs till grievous is finished.

Thnx for saving me $ and making the game pointless fir the next 170ish days...... Well played

I'd hate to see anyone not a whale with sufficient shards do this. While you spend 6 months not moving forward, everyone around you will be growing and will have 10 7* toons to show for it while you have one.

Now maybe you have deep pockets and can drop a few grand to play catch up, if this is the case, no biggie then but if you don't, the teams around you will be much more powerful and you'll be the whipping boy with Grievous, not a good look for you...
  • Hey congrats.. Do what you want, how you want.

Have fun & be happy. This is a game not life.

So many people preach, judge, condemn, rage, pontificate and just take everything WAY too serious that they lose track that we are adults playing Star Wars Cartoon fighters. :D

Seriously.
    Congrats for just playing the way you want yo play to make the only person that matters happy, yourself.

• It's always a sacrifice to do special squads. If you are going for Grievous, then yes, you'd need to sacrifice.
    I want a full Ewok team. I fully sacrificed Arena and Lumi to get Teebo to 7* and max gear. I sacrificed everyone else to only farm Elder and Scout (which are difficult farms). I did so as a free player (although I bought $500 worth of crystals for energy). I am in a small part like u situation. Not being insulting, I promise you, I can take it back if you like.

I see the Ewok synergy as special and I don't regret it, although 90% of the time, it gets creamed in Arena. But as a squad, it clears Galatic War really easily. I also built 6* Chewy, and enough tanks and DPS to work with Ewoks and winning Galatic War. But I don't have the "cool" heroes such as Poe, etc. I did work on Phasma, 86, and all the first order heroes. But in any case, my point is that there is sacrifice and there is giving up a certain thing. Giving up Arena is the best choice for me. I also gave up on great heroes such as Sidious and Lumi and Nightsisters, etc. But it's ok for me.

I think you will get your Grievous. I think the sacrifice is a lot, but well worth it. I love my Ewok team. They not good, but they very special because I am probably one of 100 people in the world who got all 3 Ewoks only on Farming, not opening any Chromiums.

• It's always a sacrifice to do special squads. If you are going for Grievous, then yes, you'd need to sacrifice.
    I want a full Ewok team. I fully sacrificed Arena and Lumi to get Teebo to 7* and max gear. I sacrificed everyone else to only farm Elder and Scout (which are difficult farms). I did so as a free player (although I bought $500 worth of crystals for energy). I am in a small part like u situation. Not being insulting, I promise you, I can take it back if you like.

I see the Ewok synergy as special and I don't regret it, although 90% of the time, it gets creamed in Arena. But as a squad, it clears Galatic War really easily. I also built 6* Chewy, and enough tanks and DPS to work with Ewoks and winning Galatic War. But I don't have the "cool" heroes such as Poe, etc. I did work on Phasma, 86, and all the first order heroes. But in any case, my point is that there is sacrifice and there is giving up a certain thing. Giving up Arena is the best choice for me. I also gave up on great heroes such as Sidious and Lumi and Nightsisters, etc. But it's ok for me.

I think you will get your Grievous. I think the sacrifice is a lot, but well worth it. I love my Ewok team. They not good, but they very special because I am probably one of 100 people in the world who got all 3 Ewoks only on Farming, not opening any Chromiums.

@DarkWingGlee great post!
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    It still confuses me that Disney or lucasfilms has no control or say in anything that happens with games like this. Essentially charging fans hundreds of dollars to get 1 character and to make them usable is kind of ridiculous. And I hate the argument...its a game you don't have to pay. I'm 100% f2p.

Imagine if opening night of episode vii was 500 a ticket for iMax 3D instead of the $15 I paid.
    I would of paid the 500 to see it first, but at the same time doing this is bad for business and makes fans resent the company and brand of Star Wars.
    I have seen people pay 6000$ for a replica of Han Solo in Carbonite. I don't think Disney or LucasArt have any problem in fans being willing to throw money at the franchise
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    To the OP: there is no reason to give up in Arena rsnking, and it is actually counterproductive to do so. Thevfrer crystals you could use in extra GG shards through cantina
  • I like your train of thought. Play this game the way YOU want to play it. Grievous is still F2P for those who are patient. And I'm willing to bet that his availability increases a few months down the road. Right now, he's meant for whales but that will change soon enough.

Not free AT ALL. You waste 1 hour every day or more of the mist precious and irreplaceable currency you have in life which is time. 170-200 hours is like a full month of non working non sleep hours.

The fact that they pretend to charge insane prices, and that some people will farm half a year exclusively this just means ...

1) CG is right. If some people farm him free 170 hours or more - a precious valuable - then surely some people want it as bad, but their 170 hiurs are irder of magniture more important than $2

Basically you proved their point. It doesn't stop this being the most pointless grind ever. Should go to the Guiness Records