What if a squad's leader dies but the rest survive for another battle?

gufu21
335 posts Member
edited May 2018
@Kyno, @CG_Leviathan, @CG_TopHat

I've never seen official clarification on this, and my guildmates have varying opinions.

Suppose I face an EP team in TW (or GW), and someone takes out EP but then loses. The four surviving characters can be fought again.

When that squad gets fought again, does the EP leadership persist? If the next character in line has a leader ability (say, Vader), does he become the new leader? Does the squad now have no leader ability?

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    In TW, no, leadership does not persist.

It's been a while since I did a GW battle but IIRC it's the same there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah. I was pretty certain that's not what happens (though some in my guild said otherwise). I'm mostly wondering whether option 2 (if the next in line has a leadership, it applies) or option 3 (no leadership applies, even if the next has one) is the case. Some on reddit swear it's 2, and others swear it's 3. Hence the confusion.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    No leadership applies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    In TW, no, leadership does not persist.

It's been a while since I did a GW battle but IIRC it's the same there.

TW is correct. I'm not 100% on GW but yes that's sounds right.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno, do you happen to know if the next toon in line's leadership will apply? In my example, will Vader become the next leader if he was originally in the second spot?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No idea.
  • Options
    i can recall occasions during GW facing phoenix of throwing out a suicide squad to take down hera and break their synergy, so i'm pretty sure leader abilities don't persist there either.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    gufu21 wrote: »
    @Kyno, do you happen to know if the next toon in line's leadership will apply? In my example, will Vader become the next leader if he was originally in the second spot?

I am almost positive that is not the case. A strategy our guild has employed at times is using "IPD bombs" to take out zPalp - I have never noticed another leadership ability in effect in follow up attacks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Kyno, do you happen to know if the next toon in line's leadership will apply? In my example, will Vader become the next leader if he was originally in the second spot?

I am almost positive that is not the case. A strategy our guild has employed at times is using "IPD bombs" to take out zPalp - I have never noticed another leadership ability in effect in follow up attacks.

this. it definitely works in TW. take out the leader and no one steps up.