what should be my next goal

Hi all

I started like 4 months ago and am a f2p player lvl 82
Have been checking out a lot of forums but I am changing alot with farming.

I need a bid of help on what team c.q. toons should I be focussing on.
I started with Phoenix but dropped them like a month ago and went full empire
With Emp Palpetine 6* / DV 7* / Thrawn 7* / GMT 7* / Tie pilot 7*

think this team is ok for now but I lack defence on my team

https://swgoh.gg/u/darkjedi2revan/collection/

should I be focusing on farming a tank like Sith Trooper (need to be lvl 83 cantina for that) as shore trooper is kinda hard only on 1 hard node which sometimes doest give any shard to.

I am also now farming for CLS (will take me about 2 months as Old Ben and Luke are cantina farms.
but then again I also need other toons from Cantina maybe first and mods to so I kinda like am driving a train without a direction.

Any veteran player who can give me advice on what is best way to go ahead, priority?

Mods (speed so need resistance team)?
CLS (need Old Ben and Luke and Leia)?
Farming tank for Arena team, which tank or some say use 2 tanks?
BB-8 so need FO team?
JTR but she needs like all first I think?
Fleet wil be different should I focus more on that?

thanks

Replies

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Mods - speed mods are not the best option, cc and cd with speed secondaries are king
    Tank-if your full empire then stormtrooper is a wall, or kru is an easy farm (and you get his ship at same time) I’d go storm to start, on an empire team he is a wall.

Bb8 is a fo team, kylo, kru, sotfp, fotfp amd foo are probably the easiest of the 5 to get, fost and fotfp are a beast of a farm though so be prepared.

Jtr is a long way off I’m afraid, you need a go team to get bb8 and then you also need to farm the vets to get her (as well as scav and Finn)

Personally, id farm for cls first as he makes lots of game modes easier, then once you have the toons in place for that, do fo, pick 5 of them and just go hard. Then work on jtr after that.

Maybe one day a week use your cantina energy to farm mods, health are the easiest to get to 5* and then just look for anything with a speed secondary and keep that.

• jackaldo20
    128 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

Bb8 is a fo team, kylo, kru, sotfp, fotfp amd foo are probably the easiest of the 5 to get, fost and fotfp are a beast of a farm though so be prepared.

Agreed, but you already have a 7 star phasma so there is no need to farm fost
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hello there!

My current position is more or less the same as you so I think I can be helpful somehow:

https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/collection/

1. I wouldn't farm a resistance team only for speed mods. It's true that resistance team specially with zFinn is good but for now I think you are ok with health 5* mods with speed in secondary.

2. How much are you dropping in arena? I changed to Thrawn leader since I don't have zetas for my EP yet and I'm doing pretty good on offense and only dropping 10 ranks or so when defense, you could test that and see what happens although Thrawn AI is pretty bad.

3. As you can see in my roster I recently finished farming my CLS rebels so I wouldn't stop farming those. CLS is one of the best characters for many areas in the game so stick with that plan. Remember you can get OB and Luke shards from guild store as well as guild event store to speed up the process.

P.S: Although I'm now farming mods for my rebels, my next step is finishing my FO for BB8 and then the resistance team for JTR.

Good luck! :smiley:

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @KingslayerRevan I didn’t actually click your gg link and just did a generic reply on what you were asking, so fair play on already having a bunch of fo farmed :)

For storm, I’d play around with losing tarkin or tfp, the other three are pretty set in stone. I’d probably lean to tarkin being benched, others will probably go the other way, it’s choice, gear storm for protection, don’t worry about speed, make sure thrawn is quick and just tm swap to storm and taunt right out of the gate.

If you really want to mess with people you might also think about Rex, as a lead he ruins lots of teams, esp with the same tactic as with storm, tm switch and then ten up and the accompanying speed boost.

Look to getting raid han going as well as he shuts down vader on offence or r2 when he starts appearing in your arena. Not sure what is being run in yours but have fun :)
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    ManuG wrote: »
    Hello there!

My current position is more or less the same as you so I think I can be helpful somehow:

https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/collection/

1. I wouldn't farm a resistance team only for speed mods. It's true that resistance team specially with zFinn is good but for now I think you are ok with health 5* mods with speed in secondary.

2. How much are you dropping in arena? I changed to Thrawn leader since I don't have zetas for my EP yet and I'm doing pretty good on offense and only dropping 10 ranks or so when defense, you could test that and see what happens although Thrawn AI is pretty bad.

3. As you can see in my roster I recently finished farming my CLS rebels so I wouldn't stop farming those. CLS is one of the best characters for many areas in the game so stick with that plan. Remember you can get OB and Luke shards from guild store as well as guild event store to speed up the process.

P.S: Although I'm now farming mods for my rebels, my next step is finishing my FO for BB8 and then the resistance team for JTR.

Good luck! :smiley:

thanks am not in the same arena as you I looked in top 100 and could not see you.

to bad would be fun to find someone in the same arena so we can help eachother

your team is almost the same yes funny to see but I started a month sooner I think as the top in arena all have golden toons allready with alot of zeta's and I do hate those nightsisters Zeta teams as I can kill them they keep comming back and eventualy kill me as I can revive any

Haha yeah it would be awesome to see someone here from my arena shard!

In my arena there is only 3 guys with the whole team gear 12 as they are big whales. My top 20 is full zEP and only one NS team which in fact is one of those with full golden toons. I'm always between 20-30 however I can easily manage to get into top 20 even 10 with thrawn leader. You just have to connect 1 hour before payout and start climbing.
  • nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Both EP and Thrawn lead boost certain stats (health and potency for EP, protection and offense for Thrawn). EP lead feeds turn meter when you land debuffs on your opponent. Thrawn lead feeds turn meter when someone lands a debuff on you. The zeta for EP lead gives a boost by adding turn meter when a debuff on an enemy expires; Thrawn's adds protection. I'd argue zEP is better lead because of bonus turn meter from the zeta, plus if you're fast enough to start with you should be throwing debuffs out there to feed turn meter instead of letting the enemy land a bunch on you. If your mods are weak and you're kind of slow, Thrawn would be the better choice.

Anyone who runs Stormtrooper in their Empire arena squad is an easy target for me. I've never seen the AI use Thrawn to give Stormtrooper a turn for taunt. You could run him on the climb up, but I wouldn't leave him on defense.

EP Vader TFP Tarkin and Thrawn are definitely the FTP meta right now. The faster Thrawn, Vader, EP, and TFP are, the higher you can climb in Arena. Meanwhile, start the Shoretrooper grind. Reaper is a great ship and Troopers are needed for DTSB, so those efforts aren't wasted. There's too much in Cantina to prioritize over Sith Trooper.

If you have the crystals to do 3 Cantina refreshes a day, I'd do 2 refreshes on toons and one on mods, or farm toons on weekdays and mods on weekends. Just make sure you devote some energy to mods. It's easy to feel like you need to grind all toons all the time, but those toons are pretty useless if you don't have good mods to put on them.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @KingslayerRevan
    Raid han in a team especially when zeta is a murder machine, his shoot first can nullify vader (so no turn meter gain) or r2 (no stealth) or whoever else causes you trouble.

I’m running rex lead, with zhan, ztalzin, zthrawn and gk, wrecks face on offence lol