Hard nodes have different shard drop rates?

Degs29
361 posts Member
So I've been farming both Mother Talzin and Nightsister Zombie and I've noticed something: I'm consistently getting more Zombie shards than MT shards. I've been watching it long enough for it not to be a statistical anomaly, and strongly suspect the drop rates of the two are different.

I've had suspicions before (Shoretrooper), but this is the first side-by-side comparison I've made. Is this a known thing, that drop rates on hard nodes vary?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They all average out over the long run. If you collect the data, you can see this. Side by side means nothing.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They all average out over the long run. If you collect the data, you can see this. Side by side means nothing.

Can you verify that? I'm not one to be all "woe is me, they must have decreased the drop rate!" when I get 0 zetas through challenges for the entire week, or similar.

I've been tracking the NS Zombie and MT drops for over two weeks. Not a single day has gone by when I have received more MT than Zombie shards. On two occasions I've gotten the same (1 of each). Since we've gone to 8 attempts, I am getting 1 sometimes 2 MT, and 2 - 4 Zombie (usually 3) shards per day.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, had a great run a week or so ago on Talzin, 5/5, 4/5, 4/5, 3/5. Zombie barely got a shard.

Then nothing for a few days for Talzin, and at least one a day for zombie. It's all RNG.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just got 5/8 MT shards today after a two-week streak of mostly 1, sometimes 2. I'll incline to the RNG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Can you verify that? I'm not one to be all "woe is me, they must have decreased the drop rate!" when I get 0 zetas through challenges for the entire week, or similar.

I've been tracking the NS Zombie and MT drops for over two weeks. Not a single day has gone by when I have received more MT than Zombie shards. On two occasions I've gotten the same (1 of each). Since we've gone to 8 attempts, I am getting 1 sometimes 2 MT, and 2 - 4 Zombie (usually 3) shards per day.

Others have. If you feel it needs to be verified please record your data over a longer period of time and you can verify it.