What type of mods should I put on my shore trooper?

So I have recently unlocked the shore trooper and plan on getting him to +G9 very soon. But with that I need to decide what type of mods he needs. Could y'all help me decide what type of mods to put on the shore trooper for the PVP arena.
If you vote on the poll please leave a comment below!
Thank you!

What type of mods should I put on my shore trooper? 22 votes

Health mods
54%
Khorvog_KarbossakevsmartElleMadaraRebel_yellLunizRiffinatorDarthGugelWestvleteren12Go_CubsSalatious_ScrumKutalionSRBtaobozhong 12 votes
Defense mods
27%
Dr_CrazyfistsBulYwifRichfxxxpinkfloydBradmardagon_1CPace 6 votes
Tenacity mods
4%
Huge 1 vote
Potency mods
0%
Critical damage mods
4%
Kiritoismyname 1 vote
Critical chance mods
0%
Offense mods
0%
Speed mods
9%
TautasKatojan 2 votes
mix matched mods (no mods the same type)
0%

Replies

• Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This isn't that great of a question, and here is why:

When it comes to modding, the primary and secondary stats are more important than the set type. For Shore, you want a protection triangle, protection cross, and protection circle. You can sometime take a defense cross or triangle if you need to. That is priority #1. Second priority is set type, but really set type is less important than the stats on the mods. So if you have those 3 mods with the right primaries and secondaries, go with whatever set you have the best in.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »

When it comes to modding, the primary and secondary stats are more important than the set type. For Shore, you want a protection triangle, protection cross, and protection circle. You can sometime take a defense cross or triangle if you need to. That is priority #1. Second priority is set type, but really set type is less important than the stats on the mods. So if you have those 3 mods with the right primaries and secondaries, go with whatever set you have the best in.

This.

My personal choice is 3 health sets bcuz Shore's heal is based on his health. A 15% health increase is nice, but negligible in comparison to maximizing prot and speed.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I used to do health/defense with all ptotection secondaries. Now I run full tenacity with protection secondaries. He has 85% tenacity. Does not help hugely against Palpatine, but helps against almost everyone else.
    Ability block and buff block can ruin your shoretrooper. Tenacity makes more difference I think. He has enough EHP to survive opening attacks no matter what, but if he gets debuffed and cant get off his heal/crit immunity he is useless.

He is awesome in PVE no matter how you mod him.
  • Options
    I plan on using him specifically for PVP arena.
    Minowara wrote: »

I started a poll on what primary and secondary stats I needed so I know what I need for secondary and primary stats. So right now I just need to know what mod set to go for.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1x speed, 1x health or 3x health will give u the best return imo.

Been playing since launch and I have found it's best to stick to CC/CD, Speed/CC, Speed/Health and full Health sets. The rest just don't compete.

There r rare times, for pve primarily, that u want Potency sets/crosses...such as BH under a Boba lead or for toons that u need to stick a debuff or remove tm.
  • Options
    Health mods
    if you want to run shore in arena, protection primaries under health set with great protection and health secondaries. If you want to run him in raids, health primaries under health set with health secondaries. His taunt heal is based off health, and so the more health the better. if you just want him for TB, it doesn't matter he is great either way
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Mine has 1 x tenacity, 1 x health, and 1 x defense, because the secondary stats on those mods gave me the best bang for my buck. Like @Minowara said, the most important thing to look for is the secondary stat(s).