Bounty Hunters not arena viable

PeteSolo
173 posts Member
I haven't had time to watch the videos of bounty Hunters being tested in arena but from Ahnaldt's discord message and thumbnail they are not viable.

I'm not too disappointed since that's one less faction I need to gear asap but at the same time it makes me wonder what this means for the faction. First of all from a mini whale perspective who can clear the sith raid, it provides no incentive to buy Bossk. I mean if he's not going to make a difference in arena and if your guild doesn't have too much of a problem clearing the heroic sith raid, then there's nothing else left to make it a worthy purchase. So you might as well sit on him at 4 stars and take your time working on him until he becomes farmable for free/less.

I think the only people who would be interested in buying him would be the mega whales who will buy anything anyways and perhaps some mini whales whose guild is struggling to complete the heroic sith raid and needs the little bit of extra boost. Other than that most people won't really care about a character who has no viability in arena.

Does anyone disagree with me?

Replies

• Maybe you didnt notice the new event where the BH are the only way to win it, so that is the purpose, they said it's not arena viable and not anything that comes to the game is arena viable, is to have a bigger roster for guild war and territory battle (DSTB has exclusive battles for them also) so.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They were never intended to be PvP viable.

The devs said so in an interview that the BH rework was more PvE minded.

Anyone looking to make a better score (some people do try to do that) this one toon can give them a whole new team to take into the raid with out disrupting existing teams. It's not a great selling point but something.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    tonyelogro wrote: »
    Maybe you didnt notice the new event where the BH are the only way to win it, so that is the purpose, they said it's not arena viable and not anything that comes to the game is arena viable, is to have a bigger roster for guild war and territory battle (DSTB has exclusive battles for them also) so.....

Well the post was mostly regarding Bossk amd whether it's a worthy investment or not. Yeah the new event does require bounty Hunters but I'm sure you can use any 5 so why buy Bossk when you can just use the others.
  • The videos shows all the possible leadear for BH after the rework and bossk has the easiest contract to complete and not only easiest also the best as leadear
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Bossk (L), Dengar, Boba, Greedo, Zam or 88 as the 5th will make for a strong and enjoyable pve squad, but as far as DS TB...it can b done w/out Bossk and b4 contracts w/ 5 decently potency-modded gear X BH under a Boba lead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Poxx wrote: »
    Bossk (L), Dengar, Boba, Greedo, Zam or 88 as the 5th will make for a strong and enjoyable pve squad, but as far as DS TB...it can b done w/out Bossk and b4 contracts w/ 5 decently potency-modded gear X BH under a Boba lead.

This.

The one thing contacts did, is open up options for lead, but again bossk is not a requirement
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Versatile TW team for offense.
    Good teams for the Sith raid --> Up your score without taking out other teams --> Better rewards and more g12 pieces that can't be bought.
    Bounty Hunter event for exclusive shards will be much easier with Bossk.
    We don't know just how hard that BH assault battle will be, although most people already have Imperial Troopers so that probably won't be as much of a selling point.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    essentially their use is purely for the few character shards they get with their new bounty hunter event, outside of that event, bounty hunters are still useless :/ You can't really say "not made for arena" meanwhile teams that work in arena, also work everywhere else. When there are teams that work everywhere, and a rework happens that still only makes BH useful in very few aspects of the game, its not like any new player can really spend too much time focusing on them, and older players already have much better teams to use.