Rebel Roundup [MERGE]

Replies

• ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member
    g11 troopers, zeta veers and no problems...but rewards not great. everything goes to shard shop and i dont get why ship mats are there...have thousands of those and all ship maxed. would rather take credits no matter toons or ship or gear salvages. i dont get why all assault battles cannot have same rewards as the sith assault battle for which u need phoenix. even if u dont need shards, there still some credits and good salvages for gear needed also for long time players and no trash.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ReveNCZ wrote: »
    g11 troopers, zeta veers and no problems...but rewards not great. everything goes to shard shop and i dont get why ship mats are there...have thousands of those and all ship maxed. would rather take credits no matter toons or ship or gear salvages. i dont get why all assault battles cannot have same rewards as the sith assault battle for which u need phoenix. even if u dont need shards, there still some credits and good salvages for gear needed also for long time players and no trash.

I liked the massive shard shop currency. Anywhere from 3-4K worth depending on who you have done. So far from just the current drops in my shop I grabbed 5 mk5 datapad prototypes, 5 mk8 eyeball prototypes and 5 stun gun salavge. And that still leaves me with 2500 extra currency to keep playing with
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Fun fact: lobot in wave 4 has roughly 400k h/p =D

I noticed that Lobot and Commander Luke seemed to be the two characters that gave me the most trouble in the first two tiers. Lobot because he seemed to have equal health to all the others in wave 4 and Commander Luke...because he's Commander Luke. xD But seriously, his regaining protection kept messing with my Troopers tm train.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the bonus tier the next time it comes around because I'll have gotten my DT and Shore to 7* by then. Curious to see if I can still complete that one with my g8 Snow. xD

Snow is the mvp yet again. Get him up and all omega’d out. Between him zVeers and Starkc, my shore and zdt were just eye candy.
    I tried the event ability just to try it- you don’t need it. They miss 3/5 times. Spam that aoe

I actually was laughing my butt off watching my guys missing so much. For some reason I kept imagining that storm trooper banging his head on the blast door.

Ahhhh... so that's it. I was wondering, they tout the event special in the description "Be sure to use it! its awesome, to help you to victory!" and I'm like... its useless.. they just dodge.. why.. why bother with this, I dont understand.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »

I noticed that Lobot and Commander Luke seemed to be the two characters that gave me the most trouble in the first two tiers. Lobot because he seemed to have equal health to all the others in wave 4 and Commander Luke...because he's Commander Luke. xD But seriously, his regaining protection kept messing with my Troopers tm train.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the bonus tier the next time it comes around because I'll have gotten my DT and Shore to 7* by then. Curious to see if I can still complete that one with my g8 Snow. xD

Snow is the mvp yet again. Get him up and all omega’d out. Between him zVeers and Starkc, my shore and zdt were just eye candy.
    I tried the event ability just to try it- you don’t need it. They miss 3/5 times. Spam that aoe

I actually was laughing my butt off watching my guys missing so much. For some reason I kept imagining that storm trooper banging his head on the blast door.

Ahhhh... so that's it. I was wondering, they tout the event special in the description "Be sure to use it! its awesome, to help you to victory!" and I'm like... its useless.. they just dodge.. why.. why bother with this, I dont understand.

Just like Old Ben lauded the deadly precision of the troopers at the start of ANH.....oh Ben...those aren’t the clones you remember
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    I like the rebel roundup idea. It was pretty fu though I kinda wish i can do it again but without any given rewards.
  • Hilts
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The event special is handy for stormtropper, as they miss ALOT he ends up stacking expose which helps on last stage
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

funny enough, it pays off if you're using stormtrooper who inflicts expose on non-crit and evades/dodges.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

funny enough, it pays off if you're using stormtrooper who inflicts expose on non-crit and evades/dodges.

Ugh, I dont have him geared. I haven't geared Storm or Magma yet; rest are G11+
  • I just went for the generic Rebels first, since they have vastly less health. Once they're dead, you can start using Deathmark on the big threats to take them down relatively quickly (adding over 110k damage each time you hit R2 does help quite a bit). You should try to wait for CLS to switch to use Call To Action before attacking him, since he won't counter and will have vastly less Tenacity, making Deathtrooper's job significantly easier.

Last thing I'll say is that it's another one of those events where Shoretrooper is vastly more impactful than Stormtrooper. If CLS dispels Storm's taunt shortly after it began, you'll be waiting quite a while before you get it back.
  • With Bounty Hunters, make sure to use the event ability as often as possible to really rack up that stacking offence boost. I managed to go into the final tier with 200% additional offence on Boba and IG-88 on top of everyone’s Payouts and managed it quite easily
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I used my troopers, but nearly did the bonus with my BHs. Fett had 14 stacks of offense going into the last round but couldn't do a double tap to keep himself alive (the single crit did 114k, the second would have finished off the reb add). That would have been sweet. But BHs aren't quite there yet (g12 fett, g11 zamand 88, g9 dengar, g8 greedo). Will try again tomorrow because they were a blast in the event.
    My troopers finished the bonus (g11 zVeers, g12 DT, g11 shore, starck, snow). I did a veers aoe mass attack on one of the generic rebels, then a snow aoe which knocked out the reb. Then deathmarked CLS, killed him, then Leia (who is surprisingly tough, took my second deathmark after a lot of potshots at her), then fulcrum and finally r2, who got the last deathmark.
    Overall, great event. Kudos to the devs. Finally an event ability that I want to use as often as I can! Many Disintegrations was awesome.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The imperial event ability has terrible accuracy, so try to stun a reb first with DTs basic, then use the ability on the stunned enemy. Stun = no dodges. Learned that after watching DT go 0 for 5 on a previous stage.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Macattack9
    207 posts Member
    Just a note, use the event ability with storm. Each time they dodge it they rack up an expose.
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    That's all you need to complete the bonus tier with 3*.

Luckily, I will have a zeta ready in a few hours.

Sadly, every shard and blueprint goes to the shard store.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    lesismore wrote: »

I fail to see how this a bad thing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Its bad because we already have the rebel scum at 7*
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2018

It's such a waste, I would rather to be able to exchange them all for the shards of a lame character that I haven't 7*ed yet like Lobot.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Great event. Very fun.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Was really fun but seeing chaze first is Always scary!! ;)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Well I'm not even close with either my BH or Troopers. I mean BH are all level 85, decent mods and geared to 8 or 9, but couldn't beat first tier. (Tried only once so far, but will try more) Troopers are slightly less than my BH, but I don't have Shore. Should I focus on getting my Troopers up to snuff with Veers, Stark, Storm, Snow and Death? Can it be done without Shore? Or beef up my BH?

Also as a side note can't beat either tier yet, but it feels balanced and achievable. I mean I have 2.4 Mill GP and not a lot of goals and this seems like a fun goal and event without a ton of preloaded speed and excessively crazy buffs on AI. If I had anything to comment as feedback is that I'm tired of 8 round battles. Just a big time sink, but that being said it's a minor nuisance so long as it's fun. Nicely done devs.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Crushed it!!!! O wait 7* Bossk and Gear 11 BH’s full health and protection by the end.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    Well I'm not even close with either my BH or Troopers. I mean BH are all level 85, decent mods and geared to 8 or 9, but couldn't beat first tier. (Tried only once so far, but will try more) Troopers are slightly less than my BH, but I don't have Shore. Should I focus on getting my Troopers up to snuff with Veers, Stark, Storm, Snow and Death? Can it be done without Shore? Or beef up my BH?

Also as a side note can't beat either tier yet, but it feels balanced and achievable. I mean I have 2.4 Mill GP and not a lot of goals and this seems like a fun goal and event without a ton of preloaded speed and excessively crazy buffs on AI. If I had anything to comment as feedback is that I'm tired of 8 round battles. Just a big time sink, but that being said it's a minor nuisance so long as it's fun. Nicely done devs.

Stormtrooper might be the better tank here cause of his expose and the special ability in the event.
    You want aoe as well so veers, starck, snow andmagma can work
  • ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member

I liked the massive shard shop currency. Anywhere from 3-4K worth depending on who you have done. So far from just the current drops in my shop I grabbed 5 mk5 datapad prototypes, 5 mk8 eyeball prototypes and 5 stun gun salavge. And that still leaves me with 2500 extra currency to keep playing with

come on, dont be dumb. this is just the first time rewards...every event had those. for replays this event has like worst rewards from all assault battles.
  • ReveNCZ wrote: »

come on, dont be dumb. this is just the first time rewards...every event had those. for replays this event has like worst rewards from all assault battles.

Yeah, these events start off great - gets you to play them, but second time around you start asking "where's my sim button?"

For real, though, any of these events we've beaten more then 10 times should just have a sim button - capitol ship events, once you have that ship 7*'d, should be sim-able too. Thank you!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Really enjoyed this event. Played all the stages even though I didn’t need any of the rewards. Would play this for no rewards, was just plain fun. BH rework is my favorite update to the game for as long as I remember. Lots of the events or changes leave me frustrated and scratching my head. So I want to give credit when it’s due. This one is marvelous. Great job CG!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I was able to get it done with troopers after moving mods around. The event's fun. I really need to put gear on my guys, though, and take the time to farm permanent mod for them.

I tried with Bounty Hunters, but that first round was just too rough considering what I've got. I think once I have Bossk properly geared it'll be more do-able, but for now I'll stick with farming t1 with Troopers. Hopefully next time it comes around I'll have improved my team enough--doubtful, though :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

As someone earlier said, stun them with Deathtrooper first. Or, alternatively, use it just whenever--the first shot is at regular accuracy, the subsequent shots are at reduced accuracy. So, worst case scenario, you're doing a basic attack that has a chance of hitting a second time. There's no drawback.
    Riffinator wrote: »

Its bad because we already have the rebel scum at 7*
    My shard shop when I woke up had golden eye salvage, stun cuffs, and the little mk8 purple circles so many characters need. It must be nice to have so much of that gear that you get annoyed by getting 1k shard shop currency.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I feel the event was too difficult.
    First tier was aimed at, quote, "at least 5* and lvl75 characters".
    My team (5* veers, 7* imperial, 7* magma, 7* arctic, 7* boba) was literally disintegrated on battle 1.

Maybe difficulties should be tweaked down at least for tier 1... if the description says 5* and 7* characters get wacked the only thing we get is frustration on the player base.

Remember new events are for veteran and whale players only. No love for the year 1 and unders. That's their policy. Lol.
  • 5* G8 Zeta lead Bossk plus 7* G11 Boba, IG, Dengar, and Zam got me through all 3 tiers.