Rebel Roundup [MERGE]

Replies

• The event basically forces you to zeta veers. Dumb
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Rebel round up where not all enemies are tagged as rebels.
  • BH are preeeeety terrible in this event
  • Lando has no rebel tag in this event. Deathtrooper doesn’t go twice on basic
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    BH are preeeeety terrible in this event
    Yes they are. Sadly, the rework failed to make them relevant except in some area of the Sith raid where they kinda are decent. Still a meh team though.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    One question for the devs regarding this event, why is the special attack so grossly ineffective? I've tried swapping out accuracy arrows (that's the only mods that changes that ability) and still 5 straight misses. So why even bother with that option? I dont know of any other event that has such a useless special....
    The first attack is at regular accuracy. The rest are reduced. Using the special ability is the same as doing a regular basic attack, but with the possibility of hitting extra times and triggering any effects that require a miss (such as Stormtrooper handing out exposes).

Stop thinking A-to-B, start thinking A-to-C.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    has anyone else noticed deathtrooper not double tapping lando on round 4 with his basic, despite lando being a rebel
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited May 2018

I think too many people are not using the event special "Many Disintegrations." Spam it, it's loads of fun! Each disintegration stacks a persistent buff to offense. I did not catch a screenshot of it, but my g9 Greedo was criting for 35k.

Zam leading the rest with 13 going into 8/8
    YTTjc7S.png

Boba with an 83k crit
    tzX7xZi.png

Zam with a 31k crit
    Rh0EjCQ.png

Note this was tier 2, my BH are not yet tough enough to survive the 1st round of the bonus tier.
  • Stormtrooper Uses rapid fire: hit miss miss miss miss.1 expose. Why can’t they stack...
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    has anyone else noticed deathtrooper not double tapping lando on round 4 with his basic, despite lando being a rebel

As I said previously
    scuba wrote: »
    Rebel round up where not all enemies are tagged as rebels.

• scuba
    14042 posts Member

I think too many people are not using the event special "Many Disintegrations." Spam it, it's loads of fun! Each disintegration stacks a persistent buff to offense. I did not catch a screenshot of it, but my g9 Greedo was criting for 35k.

Zam leading the rest with 13 going into 8/8
    YTTjc7S.png

Boba with an 83k crit
    tzX7xZi.png

Zam with a 31k crit
    Rh0EjCQ.png

Note this was tier 2, my BH are not yet tough enough to survive the 1st round of the bonus tier.

To bad the ability is kind of broken.
    If you try to us Bossk assist call if he doesn't kill the enemy and it is killed by an assist he doesn't get the boost.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    One question for the devs regarding this event, why is the special attack so grossly ineffective? I've tried swapping out accuracy arrows (that's the only mods that changes that ability) and still 5 straight misses. So why even bother with that option? I dont know of any other event that has such a useless special....
    The first attack is at regular accuracy. The rest are reduced. Using the special ability is the same as doing a regular basic attack, but with the possibility of hitting extra times and triggering any effects that require a miss (such as Stormtrooper handing out exposes).

Stop thinking A-to-B, start thinking A-to-C.

That special attack right after putting DM on someone is fun.
  • ojnc3x
    33 posts Member
    The posible rewards says that you can adquire 10 shards of any rebel or ship, but I only got 3 toons and 5 shards each... Is this WAI? Because in the description there is not a range of shards.
  • gammamatrix
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Maxed Boba had 54 stacks and 271k
    KNfw9vX.jpg
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    Absolutely Love this event! I beat Teir 1, but was not strong enough for Teir 2. I’ll get it next time! Really looking forward to those Tier 2 rewards. I really liked the 1.3k shard shop currency and 1mil gold I got from Teir 1. Was also nice to get 5 Baze shards.
    Teir 2 shards I’m looking forward to are: Lobot, Snolo, and HR Soldier (the rest will be shard shop currency, which I still enjoy).

Awesome event, @CG_Carrie
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Absolutely Love this event! I beat Teir 1, but was not strong enough for Teir 2. I’ll get it next time! Really looking forward to those Tier 2 rewards. I really liked the 1.3k shard shop currency and 1mil gold I got from Teir 1. Was also nice to get 5 Baze shards.
    Teir 2 shards I’m looking forward to are: Lobot, Snolo, and HR Soldier (the rest will be shard shop currency, which I still enjoy).

Awesome event, @CG_Carrie

I agree, Baze shards was a delight to get but I couldn't help but think "couldn't this have come out when I was still farming him?"

I'm similar with tier two, except I only need Lobot and Hoth Han. I did get both of them the first time but haven't seen either since. xD
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Snolo

Rejected.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ojnc3x wrote: »
    The posible rewards says that you can adquire 10 shards of any rebel or ship, but I only got 3 toons and 5 shards each... Is this WAI? Because in the description there is not a range of shards.

Afraid so. It’s 1 - 10, just like other events showing multiples of rewards. It’s pretty misleading and a cause for frustration, but it’s working correctly.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    This was pretty much the only positive in a lame May 4th "celebration" weekend. Weak drops for characters we already have and another same as always marquee event for a 3* dust collector.

Whatevs.

But at least whoever designed this Rebel event has done their job to try to make it fun. Best event in a while.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ojnc3x wrote: »

I also wanna know this. It says 10 but only gives 5 a piece.
  • I am actually cool with the Rebel Roundup. I need to develop my Troopers, which I am. Missed it this go, but next roundup will be ready with Veers, DT, ShoreT, SnowTrooper, and Col Starck. They’re all 7* now just need to 85 them and put decent mods on.
  • leef wrote: »
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Fun fact: lobot in wave 4 has roughly 400k h/p =D

I noticed that Lobot and Commander Luke seemed to be the two characters that gave me the most trouble in the first two tiers. Lobot because he seemed to have equal health to all the others in wave 4 and Commander Luke...because he's Commander Luke. xD But seriously, his regaining protection kept messing with my Troopers tm train.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the bonus tier the next time it comes around because I'll have gotten my DT and Shore to 7* by then. Curious to see if I can still complete that one with my g8 Snow. xD

Snow is the mvp yet again. Get him up and all omega’d out. Between him zVeers and Starkc, my shore and zdt were just eye candy.
    I tried the event ability just to try it- you don’t need it. They miss 3/5 times. Spam that aoe

I actually was laughing my butt off watching my guys missing so much. For some reason I kept imagining that storm trooper banging his head on the blast door.

Ahhhh... so that's it. I was wondering, they tout the event special in the description "Be sure to use it! its awesome, to help you to victory!" and I'm like... its useless.. they just dodge.. why.. why bother with this, I dont understand.

funny enough, it pays off if you're using stormtrooper who inflicts expose on non-crit and evades/dodges.
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Fun fact: lobot in wave 4 has roughly 400k h/p =D

I noticed that Lobot and Commander Luke seemed to be the two characters that gave me the most trouble in the first two tiers. Lobot because he seemed to have equal health to all the others in wave 4 and Commander Luke...because he's Commander Luke. xD But seriously, his regaining protection kept messing with my Troopers tm train.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the bonus tier the next time it comes around because I'll have gotten my DT and Shore to 7* by then. Curious to see if I can still complete that one with my g8 Snow. xD

Snow is the mvp yet again. Get him up and all omega’d out. Between him zVeers and Starkc, my shore and zdt were just eye candy.
    I tried the event ability just to try it- you don’t need it. They miss 3/5 times. Spam that aoe

I actually was laughing my butt off watching my guys missing so much. For some reason I kept imagining that storm trooper banging his head on the blast door.

Ahhhh... so that's it. I was wondering, they tout the event special in the description "Be sure to use it! its awesome, to help you to victory!" and I'm like... its useless.. they just dodge.. why.. why bother with this, I dont understand.

funny enough, it pays off if you're using stormtrooper who inflicts expose on non-crit and evades/dodges.

• This event is useless.well at least for me. Can’t get past stage 1 with bounty hunters. As for stormtroopers which I’m assuming you need since all bounty hunters at 11-8 gear 7 star 85 only 2 are left at stage 8 then just pounded. Why have them if they are useless?
  • Undo
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    They say Tier 1 is for "Level 75+"...i would very much like to see a video from the producers in wich they manage to finish this event with a level 75 team. because i didnt manage to beat it with a team of lvl. 85 bountyhunters (gear lvl 8-9, except boba, lvl 11). And take in to consideration, at lvl 75 there are no zetas...
    Post edited by Undo on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I agree - bounty hunters are fairly useless in this event. Even my g12 zBoba team couldn't get past Lando. It's clearly tuned for Bossk (and a highly geared one at that)

Imperial troopers is the way to go. DT double tap stuns are the shizzle. That and his Deathmark on Phase 8.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Undo wrote: »
    They say Tier 1 is for "Level 75+"...i would very much like to see a video from the producers in wich they manage to finish this event with a level 75 team. because i didnt manage to beat it with a team of lvl. 85 bountyhunters (gear lvl 8-9, except boba, lvl 11). And take in to consideration, at lvl 75 there are no zetas...

Ignore recommended levels, gear, mods, etc...it's that way throughout the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Tsfletch72 wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    This event is ridiculous. Whatever brain trust decided it was suitable for 5* gear 8 chars has obviously never played. My BH team (all 7* with good mods min gear 8-10) gets wrecked, lost my first char in the 3rd battle. Can you guys maybe test this stuff? Cue the trolls who will claim they beat it with 5*’s....

You'd need Bossk well geared/starred to make a BH team work in this event methinks. BH's are glass cannons, you need someone to soak damage if you're using them. Troopers are a better faction for this event imo.

You’re missing my point. I’m not asking how to make my team work, I’m pointing out how **** it is to say this event is reasonable for level 75 5* gear 8 characters. If they want to make difficult events fine, don’t lie about the degree of difficulty. Why add insult to injury?

I didn't miss your point and I didn't tell you how to make your team work. I told you you're using the wrong team. ;) There are always 2 faction options for these events. Typically, one is a MUCH better option. They're not insulting you, they're "guiding you." (Look at Storm's omega abilities. Look at the special event ability.)

That’s exactly what you did actually, you told me I’d need a well geared Bossk. That being said, you couldn’t do this event with 5* 75 gear 8 troopers, your “right team”. THAT is my point, which you obviously missed because you continued to address the EXAMPLE I was using to illustrate my POINT. See the difference? ;)

WAIT, what's your POINT?

Ok, now I AM going to tell you how to make your team WORK....
    Stuns bro. Then event special - it can't miss stunned targets. Again tho... BH just aren't the best faction for this and Bossk is needed. I'm sorry YOUR BH's couldn't get it done. Imp Troopers at 5* gear 8-9 absolutely could finish the first tier... you would need the RIGHT toons however. Veers, Snow, DT, Shore/Storm and Starck are necessary. This isn't supposed to be easy. You do need the RIGHT toons. That's just how it is. Like the revamped Separatists Event that required Jedi... You need the RIGHT toons to make that work. I've seen 4 comps that could reliably do it, but ALL of them had GK and Hoda - it just is what it is. I was able to make both a GK lead and a zQGJ lead work, but the GK version was MUCH easier. You may not be able to beat everything the first time it appears. Quit complaining and farm.
  • My Scrub BH team beat T1.. lol I hit auto and went to make lunch, came back to...

opms5f.png

L - g11 Boba (no zeta), g8 Greedo, IG88, Cad bane, g8 ST (only 4 star, he died in first battle I bet lol).