Rebel Roundup [MERGE]

1235Next

Replies

• DarthPhaco wrote: »
    The event basically forces you to zeta veers. Dumb

I agree. I decided to just skip the last tier. For me personally the rewards weren't good enough for me to use 20 zetas on a toon that I rarely play. Veers/Shoretrooper/DeathTrooper-G11
    Starck-G10 and SnowTrooper-G12 and if I couldn't beat it with that then I decided to skip it and beat it later in the future. Maybe if I switch my arena mods and added them to my Troopers I maybe could have beaten it. I honestly didn't feel like wasting 20 minutes rearranging mods on a chance of not beaten it because this game relies too much nowadays on having RNG in our favor. Oh well...I guess I just missed out if I can really even say "I missed out" because the rewards didn't seem that great to me to begin with to even part with 20 zetas. Maybe for others it was worth it...but not for me.

I agree. I decided to just skip the last tier. For me personally the rewards weren't good enough for me to use 20 zetas on a toon that I rarely play. Veers/Shoretrooper/DeathTrooper-G11
    Starck-G10 and SnowTrooper-G12 and if I couldn't beat it with that then I decided to skip it and beat it later in the future. Maybe if I switch my arena mods and added them to my Troopers I maybe could have beaten it. I honestly didn't feel like wasting 20 minutes rearranging mods on a chance of not beaten it because this game relies too much nowadays on having RNG in our favor. Oh well...I guess I just missed out if I can really even say "I missed out" because the rewards didn't seem that great to me to begin with to even part with 20 zetas. Maybe for others it was worth it...but not for me.

Or you could zeta him for the easier IPD farming on DSTB and I don't know about others, but I highly enjoy the protection recovery, Offense Up, and TM gain upon defeat of squishy rebels/opponents. Technically I zeta'd mine for Forest Moon assault battles but I have NEVER regretted it. It allows my squishy g8 Snowtrooper to live beyond the point where he should have logically been defeated. But you know, if you don't want to invest in Troopers beyond the gear you already have, of course the zeta wouldn't seem worth it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Veers' zeta is one of the best investments I have made. Useful and fun. What's not to like?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Veers' zeta is one of the best investments I have made. Useful and fun. What's not to like?

This. The event shouldn't "make" you zeta Veers....you should have already done it! LenoraLupin gave several great reasons above.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I can already beat the IPD mission easily without zeta veers. Troopers are only useful against NS teams which don't exist in my arena shard anymore. It's an obsolete zeta now. Not worth using it for shard shop currency.
    I can already beat the IPD mission easily without zeta veers. Troopers are only useful against NS teams which don't exist in my arena shard anymore. It's an obsolete zeta now. Not worth using it for shard shop currency.
    Zeta Veers is the Resistance of Dark Side TB: it guarantees you a win in every phase if G9-G10 Troopers are decently modded. I emphasize on "decent" not godly.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    DarthPhaco wrote: »

It didn't force me to do anything.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I can already beat the IPD mission easily without zeta veers. Troopers are only useful against NS teams which don't exist in my arena shard anymore. It's an obsolete zeta now. Not worth using it for shard shop currency.

So it's useless in raids and TW. Ok.
  • TVF, you use troopers for the rancor and HAAT? Good luck with that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF, you use troopers for the rancor and HAAT? Good luck with that.

There's a 3rd raid - and zVeers + Troopers is useful in it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

You mean the notoriously difficult Rancor and HAAT raids that guilds have so much trouble completing that you absolutely MUST use only the best teams? Okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited May 2018

I don't but thanks for the well wishes.

Every heard of the other raid? Once you start doing it, good luck with it.
  • I'm not saying zVeers isn't useful. I just feel there are other zetas that are more useful at this point in the game for me. And I don't agree with NicWebster. I think using troopers on the rancor is a tremendous waste of time. But hey, whatever floats your boat man.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Tsfletch72 wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    This event is ridiculous. Whatever brain trust decided it was suitable for 5* gear 8 chars has obviously never played. My BH team (all 7* with good mods min gear 8-10) gets wrecked, lost my first char in the 3rd battle. Can you guys maybe test this stuff? Cue the trolls who will claim they beat it with 5*’s....

You'd need Bossk well geared/starred to make a BH team work in this event methinks. BH's are glass cannons, you need someone to soak damage if you're using them. Troopers are a better faction for this event imo.

You’re missing my point. I’m not asking how to make my team work, I’m pointing out how **** it is to say this event is reasonable for level 75 5* gear 8 characters. If they want to make difficult events fine, don’t lie about the degree of difficulty. Why add insult to injury?

I didn't miss your point and I didn't tell you how to make your team work. I told you you're using the wrong team. ;) There are always 2 faction options for these events. Typically, one is a MUCH better option. They're not insulting you, they're "guiding you." (Look at Storm's omega abilities. Look at the special event ability.)

That’s exactly what you did actually, you told me I’d need a well geared Bossk. That being said, you couldn’t do this event with 5* 75 gear 8 troopers, your “right team”. THAT is my point, which you obviously missed because you continued to address the EXAMPLE I was using to illustrate my POINT. See the difference? ;)

WAIT, what's your POINT?

Ok, now I AM going to tell you how to make your team WORK....
    Stuns bro. Then event special - it can't miss stunned targets. Again tho... BH just aren't the best faction for this and Bossk is needed. I'm sorry YOUR BH's couldn't get it done. Imp Troopers at 5* gear 8-9 absolutely could finish the first tier... you would need the RIGHT toons however. Veers, Snow, DT, Shore/Storm and Starck are necessary. This isn't supposed to be easy. You do need the RIGHT toons. That's just how it is. Like the revamped Separatists Event that required Jedi... You need the RIGHT toons to make that work. I've seen 4 comps that could reliably do it, but ALL of them had GK and Hoda - it just is what it is. I was able to make both a GK lead and a zQGJ lead work, but the GK version was MUCH easier. You may not be able to beat everything the first time it appears. Quit complaining and farm.

Dibby, I get that you’re not bright. Read some more, there are plenty of people saying the same thing I am. The ones who are saying they beat it are using 85 mostly 7* and better than gear 8. You claim it’s doable as presented, show some proof other than your opinion. Stop being a shill for EA and stick to the topic at hand...what does the separatist event have to do with this one? Not a thing Bro!
  • I'm pretty new (3 or 4 months) and I only have one combat viable team that happens to NOT be troopers or BH though I do have all their toons unlocked, how long does it take to gear them up and Zeta'd on a mostly F2P (1 to 2 50 crystal refreshes and 1 to 2 100 crystal refreshes a day?) I am building a Phoenix team for Thrawn and Palps and could really have used these rewards. Ill make the event but only at a 6* thrawn/ Palps. Once my Phoenix team is maxed im going to build a trooper team mostly to kill those nasty (no offence NS guys) nightsisters in GW and Arena.
  • Regardless of the troopers viability, or lack thereof, they are actually fun to play, which is rare these days.