This is beyond dumb

CPace
151 posts Member
Fixed a bug in the Sith Raid that allowed Fives' Tactical Awareness ability to trigger when an ally is damaged by Bonds of Weakness.

Now that is stupid. How is that a bug when Fives clone allies are being hurt by the bonds of weakness? That i just something stupid and I know someone is gonna be mad about me posting this. But its true, how is that even a bug if it doesn't even break the rules of the game? Now if it was STH then it would make sense because it was a bit broken but can someone explain to me why was this even changed

Replies

• Options
    Because it was along the same lines as the SThan thing.. creating an unintended infinite loop type situation. It was just him, when the devs first addressed sthan they changed alot of toons abilities that would trigger from bonds of weakness
  • Options
    On the update from 3/7: In Phases 3 and 4, Darth Traya’s Bonds of Weakness will no longer activate “on-damage” abilities. This will affect [17 characters]. This was just bringing Fives in line with the rest of the characters affected by that change, anyone who read those notes should have expected it would happen eventually
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sorry your unhappy with the change, moving to feedback
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Since this is beyond dumb, what's on the other side of dumb...completely expected?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    But its messed up. It's not even causing an infinite loop and this is what is called strategy
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    CPace wrote: »
    But its messed up. It's not even causing an infinite loop and this is what is called strategy

First of all, it was causing what CG considers an infinite loop. And second of all, it should have been changed with the first pass when they changed how Bonds of Weakness interacted with "on damage" abilities, but was missed. Everyone knew it wouldn't last, just be glad you got to use it for a little while.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Still. This is so stupid and why add protection to Nihilus in phase one. There are other people who are trying it out at 4* and cant even bypass it. Im saying this because this is an opinion, but its probably another way EA wants to make money off from lower level players
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    You need to use teams and strategies that can handle it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ik that but my cousin just got the phoenix team at 6* and he cant break through the protection of Nihilus at the 5* STR and there are all gear 8
  • Options
    Ik that but my cousin just got the phoenix team at 6* and he cant break through the protection of Nihilus at the 5* STR and there are all gear 8

That’s cuz Phoenix are the worst idea to take into a p1nihilus fight, that’s like taking a knife to a gun fight, . And gear eight is pretty low gear for Phoenix anyway .
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options

That’s cuz Phoenix are the worst idea to take into a p1nihilus fight, that’s like taking a knife to a gun fight, . And gear eight is pretty low gear for Phoenix anyway .

Yeah but most of us are F2P
  • Options

Yeah but most of us are F2P

And f2p means nothing, anyone can build a squad that works better then Phoenix. If Phoenix is all you got then it sounds like your more along the idea of a new player, and need more time to develop more.

Whether you want to spend or you do not want to , makes no difference regarding what squads are actually useful, and even if you spend, Phoenix are no good for p1, they are good in p2 however,
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

In your own words:
    Using Phoenix in phase 1 of that raid is 'beyond dumb'.

Phoenix are not supposed to perform well in phase 1. At tier 5 of the raid try with irresistable TM removal from nightsisters, teams using detonators (jawa and bounty hunters) or empire teams with death trooper and magmatrooper under Thrawn lead.
  • Options

The good news is that Phoenix are reasonably effective in P2 due to their counter attacks and Sion's penchant for AOE. The bad news is that Sion's friends in P2 negate some of that with Daze.

You are going to need a different squad for P1.Jedi Training Rey and BB8 are helpful, but legendary and hard to get. In the meantime, you could try a Vader lead with Deathtrooper and Magma.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

That’s cuz Phoenix are the worst idea to take into a p1nihilus fight, that’s like taking a knife to a gun fight, .

Search Jim Bowie / Sandbar duel

• GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

That’s cuz Phoenix are the worst idea to take into a p1nihilus fight, that’s like taking a knife to a gun fight, .

Search Jim Bowie / Sandbar duel

Without searching, lack of data, is that the so many feet apart and who’s faster?