So spamming answer.ea is the answer to "highlight" an issue

Prev1
scuba
14047 posts Member
I and the community have been waiting for months and years to get things fixed. Any things not working right should be a high priority. I mean isn't one of the reasons we are told content is delayed is to make sure it is working right?

Then when it is not the answer is to report it to answers.ea and spam the thread till it gets fixed? Really? I could spend all day spamming the bug threads there.

How about they let us know which ones they are working on or which ones they can't fix with the current client like was the issue with the infamous teebo bug.

I get there are some that are complicated and not a quick fix but providing some further info (I know if and when they do as a stalk them) every once and a while would be nice

Flagged for review means nothing once time goes on.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In a way, yes. Highlighting an issue to show how much of the player base is affected by an issue is a good way for them to weigh it against limited resources, and get things fixed.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    In a way, yes. Highlighting an issue to show how much of the player base is affected by an issue is a good way for them to weigh it against limited resources, and get things fixed.

If it is a bug 100% of the player base is affected by it some just may not know it.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    but hey I took your advise:
    MDlQWeR.png

Notice it is only the second post on a bug reported in March, but yeah...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

If it is a bug 100% of the player base is affected by it some just may not know it.

To use an example from your other post, what cross section of the player base has a Visas marr, and at the necessary start level for the level of sith raid they run? I would think that is not 100%.

A bug that is happening in for example the marquee event will probably have a higher %.

It's not as simple as saying all bugs affect 100% of the player base.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MDlQWeR.png

Players choosing not to post there because they dont think they need to or dont like it, isn't helping anyone.

That is the system they have chosen to go with because it provides them better tracking of issues and helps them prioritize.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

To use an example from your other post, what cross section of the player base has a Visas marr, and at the necessary start level for the level of sith raid they run? I would think that is not 100%.

A bug that is happening in for example the marquee event will probably have a higher %.

It's not as simple as saying all bugs affect 100% of the player base.

If you read the bug report it is actually not limited to just Visas Marr. It affects every assist and counter attack and was actually reported with ewoks. So yes it affects 100% of the player base running the sith raid that uses any character that counter attacks or assists.
    I mentioned visa because it seems to get a better response when something is affecting a zeta ability than not.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    MDlQWeR.png

Players choosing not to post there because they dont think they need to or dont like it, isn't helping anyone.

That is the system they have chosen to go with because it provides them better tracking of issues and helps them prioritize.

That is my issue. That was a bug reported about a FTP character back in march and has not even been acknowledged by the development team so how could they possibly be tracking it?

The bug report that this screen shot was from was brought up during the QA with @CG_Carrie
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1496752/#Comment_1496752

and her response on 03/17/18 was:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1496588/#Comment_1496588
    NOTE: Sorry scuba, we see that you posted links to Answers HQ, which we didn't catch when we copied the questions over to be answered. We will follow up on those tickets, thank you for writing them.

yet no acknowledgement fix or anything.

So to me it doesn't look like this system they have chosen is working.
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    MDlQWeR.png

MDlQWeR.png

Better tracking? It's like they don't even look at it. There was a bug with bb8s rolling with the punches posted in december and it took me 2 posts in March to actually get it looked at by a developer and I posted it here twice as it seems that the peeps in CG reply here more often but it was instantly archived. They're not even trying.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    MDlQWeR.png

I post there frequently be it to report something or to help clarify another issue.
    SJcyxct.png

I have recently decided to not post bugs that are helpful to players (even if they don't know about them) until the other stuff starts getting fixed in a timely fashion.

However it comes down to the definition of insanity.
    How long do you continue to do something expecting different results?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MDlQWeR.png

I post there frequently be it to report something or to help clarify another issue.
    SJcyxct.png

I have recently decided to not post bugs that are helpful to players (even if they don't know about them) until the other stuff starts getting fixed in a timely fashion.

However it comes down to the definition of insanity.
    How long do you continue to do something expecting different results?

That's your choice. But there are others that have been following that mindset about not posting for many different reasons, and that doesn't help, either. But I'm not going to convince anyone of anything.

The way they have chosen to do it, makes sense to them and helps them keep an eye on things. I'm sorry you feel differently.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Okay.....so there's 2 things that bother me. This is the other. As has been stated above and in numerous other threads, the new "system" simply doesn't work. Things reported on EA Answers go unresolved, unresponded to and seem generally pointless.

Only things that I've brought up there and here have ever been resolved. Things I've posted Answers HQ alone have never been responded to or resolved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Kyno I ask you this then. If there are so few players that utilize the EA help as you claim, that would mean that there aren’t that many bug reports to sift through right? If that’s the case then why is it that the majority of the posts there are left ignored for months at a time? Without even so much as a single recognition that it’s being investigated.
  • *looks at this thread and proceeds to laugh hysterically*

My man, I had this same exact conversation with someone last week, who pleaded with me to just make the post there.

They don't care about what we have to say. Frankly I'm surprised this thread is still open.

It must be because you didn't pinpoint a specific problem you were having, or you'd have had it shut down and moved quicker than you could blink.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    *looks at this thread and proceeds to laugh hysterically*

My man, I had this same exact conversation with someone last week, who pleaded with me to just make the post there.

They don't care about what we have to say. Frankly I'm surprised this thread is still open.

It must be because you didn't pinpoint a specific problem you were having, or you'd have had it shut down and moved quicker than you could blink.

There were 2 other ones closed down prior which lead to this one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno I ask you this then. If there are so few players that utilize the EA help as you claim, that would mean that there aren’t that many bug reports to sift through right? If that’s the case then why is it that the majority of the posts there are left ignored for months at a time? Without even so much as a single recognition that it’s being investigated.

The less people that "me too" or add to a bug report, can lead to a misunderstanding that a bug is not as wide spread or not as big of an issue to the players. This can cause it to be prioritized incorrectly.

I have no idea why some get a response and some dont, I have no information regarding that level of the goings on at that site.

• I've been fairly active on Answers.ea - both in this game and in BF2 - not nearly as much as Scuba, but I on there a lot. I saw how much just didn't get done and yet I persevered anyways. I helped a lot of people, I gave my idea of why things might be happening, I gave my own dislike over things as well - the good with the less good, right?

But after 7 months and seeing so little get done, I've stopped. Because what I don't think is understood, especially on the SW:GOH side, is that I'm not just on their as myself. I'm representing both the 50 people in my own guild and, to a lesser extent, the people I speak with on Dischord. My one comment isn't just me. Nor do I think it's that way for bulk of people who give their time over @ answers.ea.

And, @Kyno, I'm sorry, you're the best - but moderation keeps pushing these bugs/issues over there to die. It feels like a graveyard. The place to bury issues. We can't even discuss things on this forum - it's all pushed to the much much smaller audience on answers.ea where it's less likely to build the attention some of these bugs deserve and/or need.

TL:DR; for the very few of us who try to care - answer.ea is just another source of EA/CG frustration.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ya know,

I did as I was asked. I made my post.

You know what happened?

Some overzealous "tracker" shut my post down and folded it into an existing bug with 15 replies because he saw that A PART of my issue fit the thread...yet whoever it was completely overlooked the brand new aspect of it that necessitated the new report in the first place.

Yeah, they're tracking. They're doing a fantastic job. They care about our experience, so follow the finger and do as you're told because it's easier for them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ya know,

I did as I was asked. I made my post.

You know what happened?

Some overzealous "tracker" shut my post down and folded it into an existing bug with 15 replies because he saw that A PART of my issue fit the thread...yet whoever it was completely overlooked the brand new aspect of it that necessitated the new report in the first place.

Yeah, they're tracking. They're doing a fantastic job. They care about our experience, so follow the finger and do as you're told because it's easier for them.

Yes and bugs have been closed like Sith trooper and then reopened when new information was provided that showed they had not looked at the correct aspect of the previous report.

Mistakes happen, that doesn't mean they are wrong for wanting a system that makes it better on their end.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I've been fairly active on Answers.ea - both in this game and in BF2 - not nearly as much as Scuba, but I on there a lot. I saw how much just didn't get done and yet I persevered anyways. I helped a lot of people, I gave my idea of why things might be happening, I gave my own dislike over things as well - the good with the less good, right?

But after 7 months and seeing so little get done, I've stopped. Because what I don't think is understood, especially on the SW:GOH side, is that I'm not just on their as myself. I'm representing both the 50 people in my own guild and, to a lesser extent, the people I speak with on Dischord. My one comment isn't just me. Nor do I think it's that way for bulk of people who give their time over @ answers.ea.

And, Kyno, I'm sorry, you're the best - but moderation keeps pushing these bugs/issues over there to die. It feels like a graveyard. The place to bury issues. We can't even discuss things on this forum - it's all pushed to the much much smaller audience on answers.ea where it's less likely to build the attention some of these bugs deserve and/or need.

TL:DR; for the very few of us who try to care - answer.ea is just another source of EA/CG frustration.

No we dont. We follow the directions we are given because leaving the reports here does nothing for getting them highlighted to the people who need to get the information.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    *looks at this thread and proceeds to laugh hysterically*

Firstly let's be honest about this situation. I spoke to you and asked you to post it there. And then they proceeded to fix the issue, I believe shortly after.... I know its gun to jump on the bandwagon but let's not go there if your not going to go through how it actually went down.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Okay.....so there's 2 things that bother me. This is the other. As has been stated above and in numerous other threads, the new "system" simply doesn't work. Things reported on EA Answers go unresolved, unresponded to and seem generally pointless.

Only things that I've brought up there and here have ever been resolved. Things I've posted Answers HQ alone have never been responded to or resolved.

Yes I understand the frustration and I'm not saying that what they are doing appears better or more effective but can anyone recall how effective it was before ? Or show that they had better tracking when it was on the forum?

All we know is it was more visible in a way for us. Yes that matter but that doesn't make it more effective at getting results.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    MDlQWeR.png

Youre usually a pretty reasonable guy, and I know you’re an advocate and a moderator, but that’s not why they switched to EA Answers. They switched because it’s tedious and cuts down on the amount of people reporting their problems.

• scuba
    14047 posts Member

Yes I understand the frustration and I'm not saying that what they are doing appears better or more effective but can anyone recall how effective it was before ? Or show that they had better tracking when it was on the forum?

All we know is it was more visible in a way for us. Yes that matter but that doesn't make it more effective at getting results.

I will say that it is not more effective.

Visablilty for a player can be the same being here or on the answer.ea, I call it RSS dev trackers/stalkers

actually for a while I will say the tracking was actually better here because of the more frequent input and the bug tracking tread that was started by kozi. It was easier to find a bug and see if it was already reported than it is on answers.ea. Unfortunately it goes back to the main problem of there are so many bugs without resolution that the bug tracking thread died.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Visablilty for a player can be the same being here or on the answer.ea, I call it RSS dev trackers/stalkers

actually for a while I will say the tracking was actually better here because of the more frequent input and the bug tracking tread that was started by kozi. It was easier to find a bug and see if it was already reported than it is on answers.ea. Unfortunately it goes back to the main problem of there are so many bugs without resolution that the bug tracking thread died.

Yes it is important which is why the "Bug Report " links directly there. It technically functions the same way it did before, to get the players to the listing of bugs.

Yes kozi is great and went above and beyond when she did that.

That's not technically true, it was an extra workload for people who were supposed to be fixing issues and Answers HQ gives them that and more resources to help fix them.

It was also kozi doing all the running around to make that happen. (Shes the best).

They are down a CM at the moment but I suggested a similar idea a few weeks back and was told it will be on the "to do" list of the new CM, so one day it may come around, but there is more to it than that.

I would also argue that just as many posts got buried in the previous system on the forum, but yes it was a little easier to report.

I go back and forth with many people about this and many refuse to post there, like it a big heartship to help the community. This active refusal to try and help cant be helped, but it does more harm than good.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MDlQWeR.png

Youre usually a pretty reasonable guy, and I know you’re an advocate and a moderator, but that’s not why they switched to EA Answers. They switched because it’s tedious and cuts down on the amount of people reporting their problems.

Can we keep the conspiracy theories out of this thread for a minute. Please.

The extra layers of requested data are done to prevent spam.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

Yes it is important which is why the "Bug Report " links directly there. It technically functions the same way it did before, to get the players to the listing of bugs.

It is not the same though. No where in the offical forum, reddit, YouTube, answer.ea can I go and see a list of the acknowledged bugs or reported bugs with out searching and hope that my search lands the same reported bug.

I am sure you understand as I do why people don't want to post there because it is tedious and the way things get reported is not always the same making searches more tedious. I deal with it because I still (being crazy maybe) have hope that something will get fixed.

That's not technically true, it was an extra workload for people who were supposed to be fixing issues and Answers HQ gives them that and more resources to help fix them.

It was also kozi doing all the running around to make that happen. (Shes the best).

They are down a CM at the moment but I suggested a similar idea a few weeks back and was told it will be on the "to do" list of the new CM, so one day it may come around, but there is more to it than that.

I would also argue that just as many posts got buried in the previous system on the forum, but yes it was a little easier to report.

I go back and forth with many people about this and many refuse to post there, like it a big heartship to help the community. This active refusal to try and help cant be helped, but it does more harm than good.

The dev team has to know that players don't like going there which means that if something is showing up there it is very wide spread. As was stated before many times I post bug reports for many seeing the same issue not just myself or I respond for many not just myself. There are very few open bug reports that are limited to affecting just a few players. Just because someone doesn't currently do an activity or use that character doesn't mean it won't affect them in the future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It is not the same though. No where in the offical forum, reddit, YouTube, answer.ea can I go and see a list of the acknowledged bugs or reported bugs with out searching and hope that my search lands the same reported bug.

I am sure you understand as I do why people don't want to post there because it is tedious and the way things get reported is not always the same making searches more tedious. I deal with it because I still (being crazy maybe) have hope that something will get fixed.

Not yet, correct. It has been requested, that's all I can say. But a search or 2 doesn't really hurt anyone.

The dev team has to know that players don't like going there which means that if something is showing up there it is very wide spread. As was stated before many times I post bug reports for many seeing the same issue not just myself or I respond for many not just myself. There are very few open bug reports that are limited to affecting just a few players. Just because someone doesn't currently do an activity or use that character doesn't mean it won't affect them in the future.

Wouldn't those be the bugs that will take the most time to get sorted and possible also be effected by other updates and content? Maybe they need to be prioritized to fall in line with a certain update, we dont know. And we do know that they cant give us too much hope or dates about things because no one will let it go if they say something and it's not in the next update.

Anyway I have said my piece, I'm not trying to not do I think I will change anyone's mind. The information they have provided is that it is better for them. As always improvements can be made and we can always ask for more.

I think this topic coming up at this time of day is going to let it fester for the weekend without too much of a response but I have been wrong before. Just unfortunate timing, nothing else.

I hope we can keep this civil and keep in mind the form guidelines when commenting.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

Not yet, correct. It has been requested, that's all I can say. But a search or 2 doesn't really hurt anyone.

Wouldn't those be the bugs that will take the most time to get sorted and possible also be effected by other updates and content? Maybe they need to be prioritized to fall in line with a certain update, we dont know. And we do know that they cant give us too much hope or dates about things because no one will let it go if they say something and it's not in the next update.

Anyway I have said my piece, I'm not trying to not do I think I will change anyone's mind. The information they have provided is that it is better for them. As always improvements can be made and we can always ask for more.

I think this topic coming up at this time of day is going to let it fester for the weekend without too much of a response but I have been wrong before. Just unfortunate timing, nothing else.

I hope we can keep this civil and keep in mind the form guidelines when commenting.

It all comes down to this, for me at least.
    Almost every update introduces new bugs/issues, I can't remember one that hasn't. Yes there are even bugs with the recent bh update, bossk and new assault battle and I am still working on reporting all those.

The list of bugs keeps building with no end in sight and the time to fix just keeps growing.

So every update that is released and I see the new bugs it reminds me of this overall topic and the snails pace that anything gets corrected in. This time I decided to bring it to the forum in hopes of a response from the powers that be, and it seems the answer is go fake the data on answers.ea.com because it is not a priority to have the game working correctly in all aspects.
  • Have you tried posting on Reddit yet @scuba? They love contributing there.
  • Then again, considering the subreddit has kind of rebelled against them for their information sharing techniques, they may not be looking too favorably on their former friends either.