Should stealth condition being affected by receiving counterattacks?

FranckMcBecker
200 posts Member
edited February 2016
Presently stealth condition after attacking will not be preventing counterattacks.

Should stealth condition being affected by receiving counterattacks? 42 votes

Yes, stealth should be counterattackable (present)
42%
RolfAbyssD_MillennialDanTomSinnerWillOmnirhyzeAl_TizAnubisEleiemMadThiiingScubaGuyverVicSetacluuujeBigMikeDooku_for_daysZemynFatherToastTMRevan 18 votes
No, stealth should prevent counterattacks
57%
cosmicturtle333Ronon_DexFantazyslmcmrPuglioSlevinBurgeroTradeMarkWadlinqKaninchenBrazilian_JoeDiraanTuftedpaper85OlleValent_AntonaAngrybaldmanJensxnJaquizz1616Jasper052611OuchieJackhawk24 24 votes

Replies

• No, stealth should prevent counterattacks
    Bump for more votes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
    Or it could be like: Damage to the stealthed character is reduce by 50%.
  • Yes, stealth should be counterattackable (present)
    The very nature of attacking from stealth exposes you to the enemy.
    I was thinking about bringing this up but didnt think it would muster any steam, hope im wrong.
    It really shouldnt.. one of the many bugs that need to be fixed..

@EA_Jesse, @CG_JohnSalera
    Stealth has no reason to prevent counterattacks. Should we also redirect counterattacks to taunting units, if any? I could see stealth increasing dodge chance, though it would just be better if some skills gave evasion up in addition to stealth.
  • Thinking a lot about the matter I have concluded we could introduce a conditional behavior. Toons with kind of sniper weapons (such as rifles) would not being possible to receive counterattacks when stealthed, but toons with martial art weapons (such as sabers) need to come out of stealth and counterattacking those would be very praxisoriented.
    This is the "industry" norm. Most games will let you stealth as long as you don't attack. Even snipers need to move after they shoot, you can't just sit all day in the same spot plugging away. If you do your camouflage won't protect you because you aren't hidden anymore... Because you just fired a massive and loud weapon...
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    The very nature of attacking from stealth exposes you to the enemy.
    Even real-life snipers have this problem. I'm ok with it not breaking the stealth effect as they could theoretically move after the shot, but not before a counterattack retaliation.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    It absolutly should. Once someone in hiding fires, they gave away their position (this is basic military strategy, thats why the shot must count)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Now im waiting fir a valid reason firing/attacking while stealthed should NOT warrant a counterattack haha
    The way I see it is if they are stealth, he enemy wouldn't even know where the attack came from. at the very least being stealth should have a very high evasion rate (80-90%) for the same reason.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    The way I see it is if they are stealth, he enemy wouldn't even know where the attack came from. at the very least being stealth should have a very high evasion rate (80-90%) for the same reason.

They see/hear where it came from just like the real world. Snipers per dans example is the best real world scenario. Snipers are "stealthed" but once they fire, they gotta escape fast because they are exposed and if they stay put they die.

There couod be an element of evasion involved with stealth but really its a full on retreat once they fire not a "dodge the counter and fire again" type of thing
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    per how it is in the real world (and any star wars world i have ever seen/heard of) stealth in this game is functioning correctly

One could as far to argue that in reality, its the only thing that actually follows the lore lmao hahahahahaha
  • Abyss, I have noted our sweet Count D. jumps around counterattacking randomly group of toons which are stealthed and had nothing to do with the attack on Count D. How would you consider this in terms of keeping hiding in stealth but being suddenly found?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Abyss, I have noted our sweet Count D. jumps around counterattacking randomly group of toons which are stealthed and had nothing to do with the attack on Count D. How would you consider this in terms of keeping hiding in stealth but being suddenly found?

Dooku im sure is not attacking a stealthed toon without being attacked first UNLESS the stealthed toon is the last one in which the description states that toon is attackable.

Now if dooku for some reason IS attacking a stealthed toon on his own merit on his turn (not a counterattack) then thats an issue needing adressed however im sure thats not happening as i battle anplayer with nute everyday in arena and cant even target nute when stealthed much less atk him till hes the last toon left

Perhaps he stubbled upon them hahahahaha
    Of course. If you attack a character that has a chance to counter attack you shouldn't be surprised when your stealthed character is countered.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Abyss, I have noted our sweet Count D. jumps around counterattacking randomly group of toons which are stealthed and had nothing to do with the attack on Count D. How would you consider this in terms of keeping hiding in stealth but being suddenly found?
    It's either a glitch, (and one I've never seen BTW despite running CD for two months now) or the stealthed char hit him off an assist. CD goes nuts when he's hit by two people in the same turn. I love watching it... except that he's usually dead or stunned at that point.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.