Does increasing potency increse % chance attacks?

So for example, old daka has a 60% stun chance with her basic attack. If i increase her potency to say 10%, would that give a stun chance of 70%?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No.

There are a few checks that an attack goes through.
    - did it hit?
    - did it produce the effect? (This is the stated % chance of it happening)
    - does it pass potency/tenacity check? (This is where potency comes into play)
  • So tou clarify, if the enemy's tenacity is higher than my potency it won't stun the target?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So tou clarify, if the enemy's tenacity is higher than my potency it won't stun the target?

Yes, but that is unlikely as potency is usually higher.

Either way there is always a chance to resist in that last check.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    There is always a minimum 15% chance that an enemy (or you for that matter) resist a detrimetal effect (f.ex. a stun) disregarding the potency/tenacity values, unless it's an effect that cannot be resisted, like TM reduction from Vader/Assaj lead. If there's a difference in level it also affects the chance to resist.
  • Ok thanks for claifying guys, appreciate the help
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Chance to resist is tenacity - potency. Min 15% chance. To totally resist a debuff tenacity has to be 100 higher than potency
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Chance to resist is tenacity - potency. Min 15% chance. To totally resist a debuff tenacity has to be 100 higher than potency

Interesting! I was always too lazy to dedicate brain power to sort out how it works lol. Thanks
  • Thank you