Variable price charges for crystals and packs.

Just a question, I have put a post onto Facebook asking how much people are being charged around the globe for the crystals and packs, and it would appear that certain countries are being charged much less than others. Being in the UK we are apparently paying more for our crystals and packs than other countries, surely this is not fair, what do people think of this and should EA make the same charges to everyone no matter which country they are in?
John

Replies

• I thought the bought items were all based on the fair market price of the dollar vs whatever country exchange rate. Example: USA pay $10 for item A. The British Pound is stronger than the dollar so in GB the price for item A is seven pounds which equates to $10 USD. The EU has a weaker monetary value so item A is $12.50 but equates to $10 USD.

Is this not the case?
  • I thought the bought items were all based on the fair market price of the dollar vs whatever country exchange rate. Example: USA pay $10 for item A. The British Pound is stronger than the dollar so in GB the price for item A is seven pounds which equates to $10 USD. The EU has a weaker monetary value so item A is $12.50 but equates to $10 USD.

Is this not the case?
    I believe this is halfway accurate. I think they mark up the price in other countries to account for possible exchange rate changes. They’re not going to make it $12.50 to equate it exactly to $9.99 USD because the Euro-USD exchange rate varies so often. Because of this, they probably set the EU price high enough that it will withstand any possible weakening of the Euro so they always get at least the amount that they believe the pack is worth.

• Damba_Ba
    84 posts Member
    Yeah, basically anyone outside the US gets screwed on the prices because of the fixed exchange rates they have in place. But that's not CG's fault it's Google and Apple who fix those if I'm not mistaken
  • 'Merica