Thanks...

Raindragon
109 posts Member
edited May 2018
I want to thank CG for instigating the mass-exodus that has begun in our guild.

Let me explain... (kinda long, sorry)

I started playing this game in November of 2016, and I'll admit, at first, I played this game collecting my favorite characters. I fought the 'necessity' to participate in arena and even guilds - not to mention strategy for longer than I care to admit. I truly played the game as a fan of the characters, regardless of importance or dominance. I got lucky with a few (wiggs, Lando, etc) and once I realized that I was only hurting myself by not fully embracing and understanding the larger game, I knew I had a hard road ahead.
Fast forward... I became an officer in a guild about a year ago and after a few months, our guild leader left and I was nominated to lead. I felt I did well... Then TB was released.
I realized, if we wanted to continue to do well, we had to either disband or root out the low and inactives or we would end up falling apart anyway.
This wasn't the first time CG's content caused a significant backlash where loyalties were tested and players were either discarded, or left for greener pastures.
Fast forward...after failed recruitment, we took the top 18 from our guild and merged with my current guild. We were (and still are, all things considered) powerful and worked like a well-oiled machine. We did exceptional in TB (considering quite a few of us didn't have CLS at the beginning). We were not perfect at TW, but we learned from each matchup and worked organically to improve. We had our hiccups, but we persevered... Until the JTRey release.

I always built teams that helped the guild. Teams for hAAT, as well as teams for LS and DS TB and TW. When Rey came around the first time, first order was way down on my list and I got caught with my pants down. My fault.
But after, I carefully considered my priorities between what I could finish up elsewhere and getting the Vets finished. I chose poorly - as did several of my guild mates. Rey's back on an earlier schedule due to the release of Ep VIII.
Some chose to purchase their way to getting Rey. As a 'post-booster pack' FTP player, I knew the writing was on the wall. I was going to miss her again! Oh well, now to drop EVERYTHING and get the vets done!
But wait there's more! The last straw for our guild was the STR and how incredibly important Rey is in the raid - especially for heroic. I can't describe in words how much I despise STR. It's a gorram slog and I barely have enough time for everything else!

To the present day - we had three of our biggest players leave today to get Treya shards and one last week. On top of that, this caused a ripple effect and three more are giving up altogether.

All because of CG's cadence, as well as creating elitism causing panic; knowing that if you push just right, the money starts to roll in.

I truly hope the rest of my guild doesn't implode, I really don't know if I have it in me to lose such an amazing group of people and have to find my place somewhere else. I owe these guys so much. I went from 1m GP to over 2m currently. All because of their support and insight, they helped me focus and better understand the game. I appreciate all of them. This just sucks...
The Academy of the Fallen

Replies

• Sorry for your loss of players. It happens. I have played Warcraft since day one. I have played TOR since week 1. I have seen guilds gold and fall and good players leave for reasons. Firstly, the game continues regardless. Secondly, it’s not your fault. Folks left for reasons to get Traya from other guilds. Yes it sucks, but it’s their choice. Regardless of how well you think you are treating them or fair you are, people bail on life long friends for personal gains. It’s no different than if Apple dangled $$ at Google employees to entice them to work for Apple, which does happen even at the company level. Just using them as examples, not testifying to their actual business practices.

Don’t take it hard or personal. Just keep playing for enjoyment and foster esprit de corps with what’s left of your guild and rebuild with new blood. It’s painful, but, again freedom of choice which you have no crontrol over.
  • Totally agree this OP! Why force players to leave their guild in order to stay competitive in arena? And Traya today is so overpowered that there is no way around.

Paying players don’t benefit, ftp players don’t benefit ... pure irritation and friendly guild atmosphere crush.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    What's the difference between the TB release and the sith release though? Other than the consequenses for your guild i mean, since the one made it a well oiled machine and the other causes it to fall apart.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vladushka wrote: »
    Totally agree this OP! Why force players to leave their guild in order to stay competitive in arena? And Traya today is so overpowered that there is no way around.

Paying players don’t benefit, ftp players don’t benefit ... pure irritation and friendly guild atmosphere crush.

No one forced anyone to do anything. They have a choice.

If you have a friendly guild and not a competitive guild, you will likely lose some of the more competitive ones.

If you have a friendly competitive guild, you may lose (or force out) some of your more casual players.

This happens any time new content is released, and it not their fault..... they are always going to release new things and people may prioritize that nee thing over a guild. Everyone has their personal priorities.

Yes it sucks, guilds always turn into a pretty close nit group and you hate to lose anyone. Leadership takes an extra toll, but that is the nature of the beast.
  • Hammerhed
    99 posts Member
    What's the percentage of guilds currently able to complete the raid and get Treya shards?

My guess is 1 out of 2000

(146 guilds have 900 points in STR, 34 have 450 points in the Top 200 Guilds)

When people leave your guild because they are too powerful, that makes it better for those less powerful with higher placement in Pit and HAAT, and better rewards.

It takes my guild with 97 million Galactic Power 3-4 days to complete tier IV of STR. We are ranked 2492 with 65 Points (lol)--
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Hammerhed wrote: »
    It takes my guild with 97 million Galactic Power 3-4 days to complete tier IV of STR. We are ranked 2492 with 65 Points (lol)--

We are 70mGP and do tier IV in three sessions (2-1/2 days). But then again several of us are actively working on developing multiple teams that do well. Are you guys doing the same?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Sith raid is a real pain to complete, my guild only manages tier 4 and some guys way outdamage most of us
  • DashRendar
    379 posts Member
    Didn't read... saw title....Yawn. Leave, no one cares. It's a game, play or don't. Complaining is for sad pathetic people. Go hike, hunt, bike or enjoy nature, maybe get a date. Thanking the community for a perceived slight is so petty and embarrassing. #noonecares
  • DashRendar
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kinda read now, so you basically want to get to end game without putting in effort or time. People leave for a better guild. Blah blah blah. Blame it on the game. #stilldontcare
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Vladushka wrote: »
    Totally agree this OP! Why force players to leave their guild in order to stay competitive in arena? And Traya today is so overpowered that there is no way around.

No ones forcing anybody to do anything. I love this game for the characters and the strategy. I play for those I'm not forced to any thing else.

And because I'm already on a rant, I think the current pay model is fine. The developers are first and foremost here to make money. It's their jobs.

So in conclusion, Unless you are being held at gunpoint or such, you are free to do whatever with this game. So stop blaming the game and start playing the game the way you want.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Didn't read... saw title....Yawn. Leave, no one cares. It's a game, play or don't. Complaining is for sad pathetic people. Go hike, hunt, bike or enjoy nature, maybe get a date. Thanking the community for a perceived slight is so petty and embarrassing. #noonecares

Kinda read now, so you basically want to get to end game without putting in effort or time. People leave for a better guild. Blah blah blah. Blame it on the game. #stilldontcare

Man, you're so cool. Everyone wants to be like you.

Just kidding, the fact that you don't understand that the game model actively encouraging guilds to disband and whales to only play with other whales makes you an ****.

(And that's speaking as a whale)

The fact that the most valuable team for STR is heavily paywalled and is essentially unfarmable because it's locked behind events is laughable.

It's the whole BF2 attitude all over again. "They'll never even notice we are forcing them to pay money!"
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Aluxendr wrote: »

Man, you're so cool. Everyone wants to be like you.

Just kidding, the fact that you don't understand that the game model actively encouraging guilds to disband and whales to only play with other whales makes you an ****.

(And that's speaking as a whale)

The fact that the most valuable team for STR is heavily paywalled and is essentially unfarmable because it's locked behind events is laughable.

It's the whole BF2 attitude all over again. "They'll never even notice we are forcing them to pay money!"

There not forcing anyone, for pete' s sake. Who fills people with this pile of Skittles.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    1. In easy times, when everything is on farm, the strong carry the weak. The weak provide raid tickets, the strong outscore them in raids and receive the best rewards.

2. When a new raid hits and a shiny new OP toon is availabe...judging by past raid rewards...Raid Han and GK r still meta...the strong seek eachother out to further themselves until they have it on farm.

3. See #1.

It's not rocket science, noone is forcing anyone to leave or spend or even play for that matter. The ONLY WAY (read carefully) that a 50-person guild will stay together is if all 50 have not only similar rosters, but a similar amount of devotion to the game, a similar attitude aka friendly, casual, competitive...and RL doesn't interfere.

I have yet to hear of 1 guild like this in the entire game.