Imperial trooper

Is a imperial trooper team good in sith raid?
I would think in p3 because of the aoes so trayas lightsabers got down very often.

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello @Machiaveli :)

T5 P3 6.7%
    unknown.png
  • Hello.
    Nice team. But why do you use thrawn and not snowtroopper? And did i count wrong or are the damage from your team not 7.5mio?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Machiaveli wrote: »
    Hello.
    Nice team. But why do you use thrawn and not snowtroopper? And did i count wrong or are the damage from your team not 7.5mio?

Damage from effect like deathmark dont count above under individual characters but do count below in total damage score.

As to why thrawn i would assume because fracture is always amazing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hello.

Cant speak to the exact reason but fracture and the TM swap are key to keep control of the situation.

Also individual scores dont count assists and other special damages, so damage from veers special, and deathmark will show in the final score but not in each individual.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    In phase 3, death trooper in particular is awsome. He's an attacker (giving offense to the one standing alone) and his deathmark is awsome when Zolo stands alone under a CLS lead (zolo has multiple attacks on basic and counters). Check the Chex Mix team for details.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thrawn is especially useful in the STR because %damage attacks (expose, DOT, deathmark) do a lot more damage due to the high health pool of the raid bosses. Thrawn is great for any raid, but he has the added benefit in STR of doing 4x deathmark damage if you use fracture with deathmark active.

Thrawn lead magmatrooper is great in P1 because his lead boosts the TM gain magma gets from resisting TM to 90%, so with good tenacity magma attacks, resists, gains almost 100% TM, attacks again, and you can get in several attacks in a row. Do it with the boss deathmarked and alone, and each magma attack hits deathmark twice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for answering for me, peeps, I have nothing to add. :)
  • And if you want to play imperial trooper in arena or teritory battle i need thrawn for an other team. I thougt of direktor krenic as the fith one because of hie syn with deathtrooper
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    And if you want to play imperial trooper in arena or teritory battle i need thrawn for an other team. I thougt of direktor krenic as the fith one because of hie syn with deathtrooper

For DS TB i use g11 Veers (L), starck, storm, snow. and g12 shore. Good enough (with some solid mods) to get 4/4 in every phase consistandly. That way i can use Thrawn, Krennic and death trooper in other team(s).
    Troopers aren't really suited for arena.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    In phase 1 below heroic, Thrawn lead with Deathtrooper and Magmatrooper is hilarious.

Place deathmark on Nihilus. Then keep hitting him with Magmatrooper's basic. Magmatrooper double taps, and can have enough tenacity to always or almost always resist defense down. Magmatrooper's unique grants +70% TM once per round on resisting or suffering a debuff. Thrawn lead is +20% TM an unlimited number of times for the same. So, Magma doubletaps the deathmarked Nihilus and now has 110% TM, and attacks again, with Nihilus' TM just slowly ticking up from being hit. Magmatrooper can literally go a dozen times in a row, triggering Deathmark two dozen times.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why doesn't it work in heroic?
  • Machiaveli wrote: »
    But why do you use thrawn and not snowtroopper?

Because Thrawn is fantastic and Snowtrooper is so-so presumably.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Characters don't refresh so it costs you two much better team configurations later on in the raid, making the combination not worth it. At least, by all accounts; my guild isn't doing heroic Sith. Also, I'm not sure even Magmatrooper can get enough tenacity to reliably resist heroic Nihilus' defense down.
    Still not a he.
  • Did someone testet imp tropper with the new distanc trooper.
    I think it makes very high damage because of the extra attacs and the possibility to attac back.
    My team ist vers zeta lead stark deathtrooper shoretrooper and distanc trooper.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Characters don't refresh so it costs you two much better team configurations later on in the raid, making the combination not worth it. At least, by all accounts; my guild isn't doing heroic Sith. Also, I'm not sure even Magmatrooper can get enough tenacity to reliably resist heroic Nihilus' defense down.
    I bolded the most relevant bit. The other thing is that death mark is irreplaceable in phase 3 so you cant use your dt in another phase.

Same reason why detonator teams dont work in heroic, the bosses dont have enough tenacity.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    the bosses dont have enough tenacity.

Or too much. ;)