Sith Raid, rewards revamp, mechanics discussion

2Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    I tend to look at things logically, when things do not add up, I get bothered and keep trying to see the rhyme and reason of it. But The Sith Raid beggars logic. 3 runs lately and the gear is stuff I have thousands of. Honestly it needs to be sent back to alpha and completely rethought. Fingers crossed they are doing just that.

My concern is if they view the raid as a success, we can expect more of the same. Please let my fears be unfounded.

They have already stated they want to (re)rework the reward structure..... isn't that a sign they see issues?

I grant you they indeed see the "issues", but fixing them is never as easy as finding them. Hence my Alpha comment. I think they had an idea, implemented it, and it was not well received. From the top on down players are not happy with it. So I agree at least the reward issues have been acknowledged. That said, nothing about this raid is enjoyable. If they feel the format is successful, then we can expect more updates of a similar nature. And of course the ROI will dictate that. Which, to be frank and honest, scares me.

• Natos
    138 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I tend to look at things logically, when things do not add up, I get bothered and keep trying to see the rhyme and reason of it. But The Sith Raid beggars logic. 3 runs lately and the gear is stuff I have thousands of. Honestly it needs to be sent back to alpha and completely rethought. Fingers crossed they are doing just that.

My concern is if they view the raid as a success, we can expect more of the same. Please let my fears be unfounded.

They have already stated they want to (re)rework the reward structure..... isn't that a sign they see issues?

I grant you they indeed see the "issues", but fixing them is never as easy as finding them. Hence my Alpha comment. I think they had an idea, implemented it, and it was not well received. From the top on down players are not happy with it. So I agree at least the reward issues have been acknowledged. That said, nothing about this raid is enjoyable. If they feel the format is successful, then we can expect more updates of a similar nature. And of course the ROI will dictate that. Which, to be frank and honest, scares me.

Agreed. The rewards are crap and kill any motivation, even for the most intrinsically motivated players. It's like dangling a carrot in front of someone on a treadmill when what they really want is a burger from (enter hour preferred burger joint). They'll just get off the **** treadmill and leave!

Mechanics wise, they just need to Nerf Nihulus and Traya a little to remove the random **** that makes it annoying instead of hard.

P1: remove the debuff on strikes with a basic attack. All they do is make annihilate timing random. Not strategic, just **** rng. Possibly nerf the protection Regen, but that's not nearly as bad as timing annihilate. Give the player buff (forget the name) a health steal to actually keep the toon that procs it in the fight.

P2 is fine as is. Actually pretty fun, IF you get the chance to hit it.

P3: Take the isolate mechanic out entirely. Why bring in toons that have synergy if one is always inst gibbed? Also consider removing the saber cleansing. Otherwise, pretty OK.

P4: Apply aforementioned nerfs to Nihulus and Traya.