Best Troopers Squad

I am currently gearing and starring up all my Troopers and just got Veers Zeta. My question is, what is the best 5 person Imerial Trooper squad. I'm not too worried about the Arena, but more TB/TW and the raids. And please only Troopers on the squad.

Replies

• They all work well, the core three is zveers. Zstarck and snow. After that it’s your choice, magma and storm work very well, and allows death and shore to be used in other comps, Lots of folks will say you must use shore and death in there, however that is not true.
  • Like GhostTruckin said ... I like to run Veers Starck Snow Storm Magma, but that is not the best trooper squad. The best is Veers Starck Snow Death Shore.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Like GhostTruckin said ... I like to run Veers Starck Snow Storm Magma, but that is not the best trooper squad. The best is Veers Starck Snow Death Shore.

This.

I tend to run Storm instead of Death so I can have DT/DK in a 2nd group, but if u want the "best" squad, I 100% agree w/ @EventineElessedil
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I use Veers, Starck, Snow, Death, Shore seems great
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SeanutB wrote: »

+1. That's it. /thread. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I use Veers, Starck, Snow, Death, Shore.
  • It honestly depends on your other squads and intended usage. Use ZVeers, starrk, snow regardless, and either storm and magma or DT and Shore. DT and shore should be used elsewhere in TB/TW if possible, for example with thrawn itp and tarkin, or a palp/vader empire team. Towards endgame, you'll be looking at zveers,starck,snow,storm,magma, Thrawn,, itf, shore, dt, krennic (or tarkin for itf) and a palp vader nihilus sith squad. For stand alone events or clearing nodes however veers stark shore death and snow is the way to go.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Magmatrooper pretty key for me right now beating Trayas. A very good tool to have have to use under a Thrawn lead though if haven’t tried yet I highly reccomend. Machine Gun Magma is BOSS
  • For an imperial trooper team you should focus on veers snow trooper shore trooper death trooper and starck. Veers is the best lead for troopers hands down though his unique zeta works under any empire lead. Shore trooper is one of the best tanks in the game and has multiple uses in raids squad arena TB and TW, he is a grind but worth it! Death trooper is again a multifaceted character with various uses but he really shines in the sith raid! Snow trooper is the real fire power on a trooper team hes fast and he hits hard, his AOE can reset it's own cool down meaning with enough critical chance you can use it every time. Starck is the new addition to the trooper squad replacing either magma or storm trooper. Starck basically improves the synergy and functionality of your entire squad and is essential for DS TB and sith raid. Don't over look magma trooper, if the grind for death trooper seems too much magma is an excellent choice as a replacement. Lastly storm trooper is not to be underestimated, shore trooper is a better tank but storm trooper can be used in any trooper team to great effect. Actually at lower gear levels having shore and storm as a double tank can keep your team alive longer.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Veers Snow Stark Shore Death
  • If you’re running Deathtrooper, not putting Krennic in too is a mistake. They synergize very well together. Thrawn, Krennic, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, and Tarkin/IPD is a pretty tough team to go through. But it won’t be a full imp trooper team.
  • I'm using gar Saxon as my leader with Zveers snow shore and death. I found veers leader to be good but just a double of his already great unique. gar brings in survivability and counters plus the fact that you just don't see enough of him is why I choose to run my imperial team with him.
    Might swap someone out for Zstarck or Zthrawn probably snow but this is my team ATM ..
    http://swgoh.gg/u/treeburner/squads/26011/
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    SeanutB wrote: »

Yes- I think this is pretty much the definive Trooper squad for more advanced players. Can't see there is any room for argument.

Perhaps the better question is - take away the two advanced characters that not everyone has, Death and Shore - then what is the best Trooper squad?

• Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Only two options really in my opinion. If you don't have Shoretrooper then you can use Stormtrooper. If you have Deathtrooper then you can forfeit using tank and use 3 DPS, or any combination of two; or you don't have Deathtrooper and thus use Magma and Snow.

Personally there isn't THAT much variety in IT faction to warrant a brain overload. This is coming from a 3 month player.

Edit; I didn't mention the other troopers mainly for two reasons;

1) Their farm interferes with higher priorities even for some medium-long time players.

2) They don't benefit anywhere else but TW, and are primarily a secondary overflow squad from my gathering of information.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Jabba wrote: »
    Magmatrooper pretty key for me right now beating Trayas. A very good tool to have have to use under a Thrawn lead though if haven’t tried yet I highly reccomend. Machine Gun Magma is BOSS

I don't know how this works in HSR, I feel like I've read it's not great at that level. But in lower levels, I can confirm it's fantastic.

Thrawn (L), Deathtrooper, Magmatrooper is a must for P1. High tenacity on Magma, and under Thrawn lead he gains 90% TM every time he resists the defense down from Nihilus. Put Deathmark on and watch him go to town. The other two spots are variable, I use zVeers for the AOE assist and Shore for healing.

In P3 I've been using zVeers (L), Thrawn, Magma, DT, Leia. Don't need healing (at least in T4). DT puts up deathmark and everyone else pummels it. I just unlocked ROLO so she's not built up yet, but I'm intrigued by the possibility of putting her in for Veers and see what happens with her 10 attack special.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anyone use Magma in place of Starck? Haven't started trying to farm Starck or Death Trooper yet, was thinking Thrawn, Veers, Snow, Shore, and Magma. We're not doing heroic yet, hopefully will start farming Starck after Shore and Veers are finished.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Throw Range in, watch the fun begin.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I use Veers Shore Storm Snow Magma. Works fine in any PVE content including raid. Needs more oomph for TW though. I think if you replace Magma with Rangetrooper its a winner in TW.