Remember when raids were fun?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It didn't force anything. Your guild, on some level, decided that the raid was so important that you had to do things which led (apparently) to your guild breaking up. That's not the raid's fault.

If the people in your guild have different goals and the guild can't manage the varying goals, it's gonna break up. The content may be the accelerant, but it's not the cause.

Thanks, I do understand that our reaction as a guild wasn't 'forced' in a literal sense. However, for any reasonably competitive players, getting Treya is unfortunately going to be key to maintaining months or years of progress in the arena. Like many guilds (I have discussed this with people in both my arena and fleet shards), we started bleeding our best players when it became evident that we were not collectively HSTR ready.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

You should switch guilds with the OP ;)
    Joking aside, once your guild has cleared 2 or 3 HSR's, clearing won't be an issue anymore. I highly doubt any guild that has done more than 3 HSR's expects their members to keep mod swapping. Once it has gotten to the point where the OP is at now (way sooner than that actually), you don't even have time to retreat and try again because the phases fly by. You snooze, you lose the oppertunity to do dmg in that phase.
    Also, there is a build-in retreat mechanisme ingame. The only "issue" with said system is that you can only retreat during your own turn. That's why people use airplane mode, to not get caught of guard and being whiped before you had the chance to retreat. Not sure if you knew that, but judging by your comment you didn't. I personally only use airplane mode with NS in p4 and still almost never have to restart the game because i have i could retreat before my team got just fine. The abilty to retreat during enemy turns would have been nice, but if we're being honest it would only be usefull in very rare ocasions.

Thanks, my comment wasn't clear - do understand that airplane mode is about not getting caught off guard. That said, it's a very cumbersome way of learning the ropes, and contributes to turning what should be a fun game into a chore...