Arena has issues

ChickenFett139
1484 posts Member
edited May 2018
A Palpatine with 62% potency stuns my entire team with high tenacity, yet my Palpatine with 92% potency can’t stun a single Empire enemy with baseline tenacity. So tired of PVP, oh wait PVE oh wait PVAI. Just get rid of Arena and sink the rewards into GW. Maybe rework Arena to 3v3 also.

And for the record. Palp lead, Vader, Gov Tarkin, Kylo broken mask, Thrawn 197 speed slowest toon. AI Palp lead, Vader, Gov Tarkin, Royal Guard, Thrawn all health mods, fastest toon 154.

Just venting.

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    A Palpatine with 62% potency stuns my entire team with high tenacity, yet my Palpatine with 92% potency can’t stun a single Empire enemy with baseline tenacity. So tired of PVP, oh wait PVE oh wait PVAI. Just get rid of Arena and sink the rewards into GW. Maybe rework Arena to 3v3 also.

And for the record. Palp lead, Vader, Gov Tarkin, Kylo broken mask, Thrawn 197 speed slowest toon. AI Palp lead, Vader, Gov Tarkin, Royal Guard, Thrawn all health mods, fastest toon 154.

Just venting.

The AI always gets a boost on RNG to stick debuffs. It’s meant to “add a competitive edge” to the matchups. I think it’s messed up too with how much RNG favors the AI, especially in ships when I can’t hit the AI TFP for anything but mine never dodges.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Just venting.

The AI always gets a boost on RNG to stick debuffs. It’s meant to “add a competitive edge” to the matchups. I think it’s messed up too with how much RNG favors the AI, especially in ships when I can’t hit the AI TFP for anything but mine never dodges.

They dont. Anyhow, if 2 TIE fighters are in play, and one has a 100% Dodge rate and the other has zero, guess what the dodge rate is. (Hint: It tallies with the theoritical dodge rate).

Anyhow, Potency and tenacity are pretty useless because Palp lead grants potency anyway. It round off to the 15% Resist Chnace in the end.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Use Rex next time and completely counter the enemy's stuns. Seems like a question of PI as well.

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an idea, if you don't want to rely on the highly RNG based Potency and Tenacity mechanics... Use Rex lead. ;)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Just venting.

They dont. Anyhow, if 2 TIE fighters are in play, and one has a 100% Dodge rate and the other has zero, guess what the dodge rate is. (Hint: It tallies with the theoritical dodge rate).

Anyhow, Potency and tenacity are pretty useless because Palp lead grants potency anyway. It round off to the 15% Resist Chnace in the end.

Actually, the devs have admitted to RNG favoring the AI. May want to do some research.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options

Just venting.

Actually, the devs have admitted to RNG favoring the AI. May want to do some research.

Source? (If they did, i actually want to know)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Just venting.

Please show your source.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if people would peddle their conspiracies and unsourced claims elsewhere.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Just venting.

Please do not try to state things as fact, when they are not. That is just poor form, and can lead to confusion among new players.

This statement is 100% not true.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Use Rex next time and completely counter the enemy's stuns. Seems like a question of PI as well.

How well does Rex function in an Empire team?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

How well does Rex function in an Empire team?

He counters the debuffers in your enemie's team. He could have won the match for you. That's pretty well, don't you think?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks. Never seen a Clone in an Empire team so did not know if it’s viable strategy. But it seems it no longer matters. I just got pushed from 500s to 1300’s as the Sith Triumvirate is now dominant in top 800. Yippie.
  • Options
    Don’t forget ep doesn’t always stun (70% chance). Did it actually say the enemy team resisted or did you just get a bad roll? (Chances to not attempt to stun are .3^5 as opposed to resist of .15^5. I realize both of those are really low, but it will still happen every now and then.)
  • Options
    From what I could see of the screen which was basically looking at the next character I planned on attacking, he at least said it was resisted. I can’t speek to the other 4 since I wasn’t looking