Buff darth maul

Prev1
I'm a top 3 on my server player everyday just depends who logs in closets to reset. In the current meta on my server most use QGJ and will also have yoda. The rest is made up of Rey GS IG86 Sid Poggle basically huge burst damage or high damage leader abilities, I would love to run my darth maul but his speed is garbage and so is his health, given the meta I would say keep his speed the same but double his health, he should be able to survive long enough to get at least one attack in. In reality given he's a chromium only character his speed should be around 120, and health doubled plus he's darth maul why is corusant underground police is better then darth maul? Because of his speed and health he's one of the most useless characters in the game pls fix him!!

Replies

• Heh...i was kinda hoping you had photoshopped a "buff" darth maul pic.
  • Dude. I agree with you. I have a 7* Darth maul that is only useful in GW. He is crap in the Arena and it really ticked me off. I was excited to max his stars for nothing!!!!!
    FTB
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    He's my favourite character and I just use him for DS battles, his abilities are amazing and technically you wouldn't need xtra health bcuz of his self heal but at least a speed buff so he can attack once , before dying
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Darth Maul's damage is amazing if he actually gets a turn, but (as you said) his speed and health are terrible. Human opponents (especially Jedi teams) will always target him first. He'd probably go well in a team with RG and Daka. Opponent has to kill the rez first and RG will taunt before Maul goes down. This could give Maul a chance at least use his AOE.
  • Signed. He's a great character in the films/tv shows and he's awful in this game. Please rework him to at least be useable.
    Hodor
  • VIII wrote: »
    He's my favourite character and I just use him for DS battles, his abilities are amazing and technically you wouldn't need xtra health bcuz of his self heal but at least a speed buff so he can attack once , before dying

Dude...did you see how slow he was as obi wan divided him?

Sorry..watching all the movies again currently and when that scene happened it made me think of the game lol.
    VIII wrote: »

He's literally the best part of episode 1 he should be way better then he is! His skills are perfect the rest is a joke
  • Darth Maul's damage is amazing if he actually gets a turn, but (as you said) his speed and health are terrible. Human opponents (especially Jedi teams) will always target him first. He'd probably go well in a team with RG and Daka. Opponent has to kill the rez first and RG will taunt before Maul goes down. This could give Maul a chance at least use his AOE.

I have used him with a Max RG....but his health is still so low that QGJ attack with a good assist (GS, FOTP, Leia, Lando, Sid) still kills the **** out of him as the first attack. He s **** s and needs to be revamped!!!
    FTB
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Darth_Katsumoto lol he was able to kill QGJ , and QGJ is pretty fast especially with his leader ability lol
  • Btw....check out my forum in general discussions
    It's says Bryan's forum (all characters unlocked)
    FTB
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Darth_bane16 he was the best part and QGJ/Obi , but after watching clone wars (show) again there's no doubt that he was a beast , hope they come out with another Darth Maul with robot legs as a powerful character in the game
  • He was pretty good before the Nerf. :/
  • Just added a new poll on him....check it out in general discussion!
    FTB
  • Yes
    @Darth_bane16 he was the best part and QGJ/Obi , but after watching clone wars (show) again there's no doubt that he was a beast , hope they come out with another Darth Maul with robot legs as a powerful character in the game
    Hell ya dude!!! I was disgusted at how bad savage was after watching clone wars, they did a nice buff on him! He was a bad dude!
    @Darth_Katsumoto lol he was able to kill QGJ , and QGJ is pretty fast especially with his leader ability lol

I agree lol. Plus did you see QGJ and obi wan Jedi turbo from those droids? QGJ should have used that lol.
  • I'm rocking maul lead hahha

Maul
    Sid
    Dooku
    Rg
    Vader/daka

It's really fun.. That evasion rng
  • And make another fast hard hitting character? I'd much rather boost def and hp instead. So tired of speed and offense, the game needs balance.
  • Sarasith wrote: »
    I'm rocking maul lead hahha

Maul
    Sid
    Dooku
    Rg
    Vader/daka

Does his leadership skill work? I'm asking because Dooku's evasion leadership is not working.
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Sarasith wrote: »
    I'm rocking maul lead hahha

Maul
    Sid
    Dooku
    Rg
    Vader/daka

Does his leadership skill work? I'm asking because Dooku's evasion leadership is not working.

I'm not 100 sure . I think it does because once I had my sidious dodge a yoda and he went before my dooku really right after. Sid speed 153 dooku 161. so the turn meter lead boost for me part works I would have to get a larger sample for evasions.

Once vaders dots can kill again it may be more reliable as well. Overall good enough to beat competitive teams. Weaker to those droid teams.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Maul would be insane if they buffed him. I have literally taken down entire Jedi teams with Maul, all in one turn. He only needs one attack to pose a serious threat to the enemy team.

If you buff Maul defensively you MUST strip him of some offensive strength or you will end up with a seriously overpowered toon.

So don't buff Maul. Build smarter teams. Add Poe and RG and maybe Barriss. Or go the odd way and set Maul in a Teebo led team. That could be fun.
  • In the current meta, there is absolutely no way Maul ever gets a turn vs Jedi, so that offensive power is meaningless.

It's a problem they need to think carefully about. If characters are too slow to ever act? Why have them. Also, maul being as slow as he is makes no sense. The low health is enough of a balance. Leia, Rey, FOTP, GS et al can kill non-Jedi as effectively as Maul can kill Jedi, yet they are supremely faster.

• No. Nobody can kill faster than Maul. He's the king of burst damage. If Maul goes you're almost guaranteed one or two dead Jedi and then an AOE for ~4-5K damage on the remaining team. That's why Maul is always the #1 focus of attacks, even more so than Rey and FOTP.

If you fail to keep Maul alive, device a team that helps him stay alive. consider using Ewok elder or Daka to bring him back.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    No toon that is as massive a threat as Maul will ever get a turn on defense. He will be specifically targeted and nuked due to his ability to AOE a team down in one move. This same issue can be applied to a toon like Rey despite her being significantly faster, but still often gets focused turn 1 due to her massive single target damage potential.

For Maul to get a buff he'd have to lose the ability to insta gib a whole team.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    This same issue can be applied to a toon like Rey despite her being significantly faster, but still often gets focused turn 1 due to her massive single target damage potential.

Rey is the perfect example. The reason she's a prime threat isn't just her damage potential, its the fact she is fast enough to materialise that threat. You don't need your entire hand to count the characters faster than her, which means she will nuke somebody unless you specifically counter her. Maul is slow enough that you're able to nuke somebody else and still come back to him before he does a thing.

That's silly.
  • Buff Maul? Lol. The next thing we'll hear will be buff Rey and GQJ because they are the first ones to bite the dust too.
    If Maul gets a turn it's game over. If he get's called with assist on a jedi, he gets the kill shot and get 100% turn meter and then he AOE the rest of the team. Daka can also ress him. Dooku/ Daka allies can stun enemies to prevent killing him. RG can pop taunt if you fail to 1 shot him. Poe/Phasma can make him faster too.
    But all these appear to be very hard for some people to utilize. They just want him to go first, so he won't die, wipe enemy team and that's it. It appears that some people can't play any game that has a tiny bit of strategy involved.
  • Petrelli81 wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    This same issue can be applied to a toon like Rey despite her being significantly faster, but still often gets focused turn 1 due to her massive single target damage potential.

Rey is the perfect example. The reason she's a prime threat isn't just her damage potential, its the fact she is fast enough to materialise that threat. You don't need your entire hand to count the characters faster than her, which means she will nuke somebody unless you specifically counter her. Maul is slow enough that you're able to nuke somebody else and still come back to him before he does a thing.

That's silly.

No it's balanced. Rey has the potential to nuke one toon. Maul can nuke an entire squad. Any boost to speed and/or health would require a major rebalance of his damage.

Even then if Rey is debuffed she may not even be able to down a toon as squishy as Sidious on her first turn and God forbid you use her flurry on Dooku and not kill him. Rey is great but seriously overrated.
  • Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Petrelli81 wrote: »

That's silly.

No it's balanced. Rey has the potential to nuke one toon. Maul can nuke an entire squad. Any boost to speed and/or health would require a major rebalance of his damage.

Even then if Rey is debuffed she may not even be able to down a toon as squishy as Sidious on her first turn and God forbid you use her flurry on Dooku and not kill him. Rey is great but seriously overrated.

No, Maul can nuke an entire squad of Jedi if left alone. he's not nuking normal characters with 1 hit, please dont exaggerate. I've faced a max maul and he hit well Vs non-Jedi, but it wasnt some godly insta KO.

Maul has a niche, and vs Jedi if left alone that AOE is killer. Against anyone else, he's less effective than any of top cannon, unless you're specifically wiping up those on low health already.

N.B. And I'm saying this as somebody who uses 4 Jedi in arena every single day and has done since I started. The guy isn't even close to the threat he should be, its a fact.
  • Petrelli81 wrote: »

That's silly.

No, Maul can nuke an entire squad of Jedi if left alone. he's not nuking normal characters with 1 hit, please dont exaggerate. I've faced a max maul and he hit well Vs non-Jedi, but it wasnt some godly insta KO.

Maul has a niche, and vs Jedi if left alone that AOE is killer. Against anyone else, he's less effective than any of top cannon, unless you're specifically wiping up those on low health already.

N.B. And I'm saying this as somebody who uses 4 Jedi in arena every single day and has done since I started. The guy isn't even close to the threat he should be, its a fact.

Yes he can one shot non jedis : https://vid.me/dVBz
    He could have 1 shoted Grandma Daka too if he crited. (Sid leader)
    If you think he isn't even close to the threat he should be, next time you see him as enemy don't even bother focusing him.
  • Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CPMP wrote: »

That's silly.

Yes he can one shot non jedis : https://vid.me/dVBz
    He could have 1 shoted Grandma Daka too if he crited. (Sid leader)
    If you think he isn't even close to the threat he should be, next time you see him as enemy don't even bother focusing him.

Did you even watch that video properly? Look at the level of his Maul vs who hes facing...

I'm not talking about bottom-feeding, Im on about end-game, lvl 70 gear 8 & 9 vs lvl 70 gear 8 & 9.

Thats what really matters here. LOL at showing 7* maul beating on 4* Daka.