Farming Baze...

I_WANT_YODA
540 posts Member
edited May 2018
I really, really hope Baze is worth it. The grind to farm him is stupid long and makes me hate this game a little bit. The one character that needed an extra farm spot the most was ignored. How can you expect someone to thoroughly enjoy a game when farming Baze is sooo boring and long. One drop out of sixteen attempts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

End rsnt
Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...

Replies

• There are a lot of characters that are single hard node farms so there is likely divided opinion on which needs more nodes first. Personally I don't run rebels so Baze is low on my priority list. I would much rather see shore trooper made more easily farmable but that is just personal preference. But they are implementing a new pve ships table soon. Hopefully they address some of the characters that have been out forever nut are still hard to farm at that time.
  • Here are the locations for Baze Malbus:
    - Light Side Battle 9-C Hard
    - Shipments (3 shards for 150 crystals)
    - Event: Rebel Roundup (Requirements: Imperial Troopers and Bounty Hunters)

Here are the locations for Jyn Erso:
    - Guild Store
    - Event: Rebel Roundup (Requirements: Imperial Troopers and Bounty Hunters)

I think they are hard to farm because they're worthful

The same reason are for...
    Jawa Engineer
    - Guild Store

And Dengar...
    - Guild Store
    - Shipments (3 shards for 150 crystals) [I think this location is forbidden at the moment because the last rework for bounty hunters]

I agree with DarkHelmet1138 because not only Baze is hard to farm.
  • Sion was available only in packs and finally in the crystal store. I have him 7 star completely ftp and he's probably one of the hardest to get. But he worked with my arena team so it was worth it. The players that think Baze is worth it will get him to 7 star one way or another. With refreshes it can probably be done quickly enough if you're willing to spend the crystals. Personally for Baze and many hard nodes I'm not willing to spend crystals to refresh. I just farm two or three hard nodes at a time.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I really, really hope Baze is worth it. The grind to farm him is **** long and makes me hate this game a little bit. The one character that needed an extra farm spot the most was ignored. How can you expect someone to thoroughly enjoy a game when farming Baze is sooo boring and long. One drop out of sixteen attempts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

End rsnt

You don't want Baze. You want Yoda. B)
  • You're gonna need to explain how buying sion with crystals is ftp.
  • I would say that Baze isn't worth putting everything into since the rebel meta is gone and doesn't look to be on the rise. But if he's the one character you really want, spend your crystals solely on buying his shards when in the store or on refreshes of his node and on energy. I would think that the refreshes would be cheaper. 50 for refreshing the node and 50 for 120 energy. With decent rng you should get more than 3 shards. But after a few tries when the cost goes up for refreshing, the 3 for 150 crystals would be better.
  • Good luck on that marathon. Almost better to spend currency.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I almost never advocate spending crystals on node refreshes. You're spending crystals to gain nothing.

I'd much sooner put the same amount of energy into another single hard node farm and slowly advance two toons.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I almost never advocate spending crystals on node refreshes. You're spending crystals to gain nothing.

I'd much sooner put the same amount of energy into another single hard node farm and slowly advance two toons.

I don't understand this post. You're not gaining nothing, you're advancing a toon in half the time. I did this with Shoretrooper, and I'm glad I got him to 7* in half the time, instead of getting him and another toon to 4 or 5* each.

Also, 50 crystals for one refresh is not that much unless you're on an extremely tight crystal budget.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I mean "you get nothing" in the most literal sense. That crystal spend does not get you anything.

It just lets you spend energy on the same thing again, but that energy also could have done any number of other useful things. I would much sooner advise advancing, say, Baze and Nihilus in parallel and either using those crystals for more energy or saving them for chokepoint gear shipments than to advance Baze faster. There are so many good single hard node characters that you can definitely find a good goal to redirect that energy for.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    Getting my Shoretrooper to 7* for my Reaper and so he could get to G12 (also for Reaper) was much more valuable to me than getting him to 5* and Baze to 5* in the same period of time, because every day I had the reaper upgraded was a day I got more crystals from fleet. The 50 crystals were made up in the extra crystals I got for finishing higher. If you're farming a toon for arena, same applies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Getting my Shoretrooper to 7* for my Reaper and so he could get to G12 (also for Reaper) was much more valuable to me than getting him to 5* and Baze to 5* in the same period of time, because every day I had the reaper upgraded was a day I got more crystals from fleet. The 50 crystals were made up in the extra crystals I got for finishing higher. If you're farming a toon for arena, same applies.

agree with shore/ship, but baze is great at lower levels, assuming chirrut. cls zhan chaze r2 solo rancor, and are great in general. I just awitched to thrawn/gk over shore, but still
    Maybe End Game isn't for you