Decisive Zeta (Cassian)

CPace
151 posts Member
Now I really like having Cassian on my team since I am running a rebel team and grants buffs to rebel allies. But the question is, is it worth the 20 zetas for 30% protection (zeta ability)

Replies

• Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    no
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    0-1
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    No
    No
    No
    Still no
    Although it has a place in the end or war territory thing
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Endor *
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Endor *

That didn't clarify your first post.

I assume you mean Hoth.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    No. He doesn't need the zeta at all. For TB, all you need is Jyn zeta lead.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    0-4. OK thanks for the help. Some of my friends told me he was worth the zeta
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    I like the zeta but is not incredible. Its cool in territory battles cuz there's 6 rounds and you get it at the beginning of each battle. And TW should be decent if your R1 team survies multiple shots. I used him in arena for along time, it's definitely nice but nothing crazy. Its 15% of base protection (before mods) not max protection then it would be really good.
  • DarthFele
    36 posts Member
    NO! I did put the zeta on him very early in the game but just cuz I had a fixation with rogue one. The unique is already good enough without the zeta,
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Endor *

That didn't clarify your first post.

I assume you mean Hoth.
    @TVF yep your right, I might have been tired when I replied :) lol
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    R2 Number Crunch gives 10% protection bonus (plus others). People think its one of best Zetas in Game.

Cassian Groundwork gives 30% protection bonus (plus others - Offense defense tenacity) and people say no?

Im thinking maybe people need to re-look at his zeta. Sounds pretty dang good to me. Especially in TW where they start with a new 30% protection at start of each new fight. Couple with Jyn and K2 zetas and its looking pretty good. Cassian puts out incredible offensive debuffs and procs exposes from Jyns leadership. His special hits insanely hard and is on a short cooldown.

At least thats my theorycraft.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    R2 number crunch gives 10% of his max protection, health, offense, and potency, after it being buffed.
    These effects can't be dispelled.

Cassians protection buff can, and it's only use is really TB / TW, where it's not required IMO.
    Zeta matts better spent elsewhere.
  • R2 is more versatile than cassian. Look at thrawn for another example.
    Both these zetas are hardly noticeable in a fight but are still quite recommended.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    2-6
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Depends on your roster. Even a Chirpa zeta can be good, if you have a big roster :) Just matter of perspective...isnt it always like that?

I would suggest you to ask yourself - do I use him commonly? Than I would say - go for it! However if you do not use him often or just in one place, which your group already handles fine without the zeta - than dont upgrade it :smile:
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    R2 is more versatile than cassian. Look at thrawn for another example.
    Both these zetas are hardly noticeable in a fight but are still quite recommended.

To the point of the post right above mine here, I use R2 in every mode of the game except DS TB. I guess Cassian's is a good zeta if you do the same, but how many people use him in raids or arena?

I will need a ton more zetas in place before I give one to a character just for a TB special mission and a single TW battle.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    After about 5-10 "must have" zetas the rest are kinda open depening on your roster. CLS IBAT, R2 NC, Finn, EP lead, Asajj unique are tops I think. Honorables are Bariss, Raid Han, MT, Sion, KRU lead, Veers lead. Im sure I am missing some, but these are starting to get roster specific. Not everyone has R2 or CLS or JTR though.

If OP has a full R1 team and a zeta to burn Cassians could be good. Its a unique non-leader ability that buffs whole team.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    I put a zeta on cassian pretty early, i think he got my 2nd one because he was in my arena team at the time. Overall it was pretty underwhelming since the buff is premods, but with that said i got alot of use out of it. When gw was crazy hard that buff got my main kill team to the end nodes with full prot. It also still helps alot in tb since i don't have jyn zetad nor baze geared up. Still, i wouldn't call it a big priority. You can see how tiny it is on my 50k prot k2. https://imgur.com/a/Miaveui