Speed up times not really sped up

I remember when this QOL update was rolled out. The X4 was really fast and the X1 was normal speed. Now it seems like X4 speed is normal and X1 speed is slow motion. Is there anyway to revert it back to how it was when it was first rolled out? A good example of this would be in the game Marvel Strike Force where their sped up time actually goes by really fast and the regular times speed seems normal and not slow motion. Thanks.

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    How it was when rolled out?

How was it?

I assume it was exactly the same but with less faster options.

I think you're actually asking for 8x speed....maybe? Honestly I can't tell.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I remember when this QOL update was rolled out. The X4 was really fast and the X1 was normal speed. Now it seems like X4 speed is normal and X1 speed is slow motion. Is there anyway to revert it back to how it was when it was first rolled out? A good example of this would be in the game Marvel Strike Force where their sped up time actually goes by really fast and the regular times speed seems normal and not slow motion. Thanks.

It might seem like it, but it's not. We have gotten used to playing at 4x, so 1x FEELS slower than it used to, and 4x doesn't FEEL as fast as it did at first. But nothing has changed about speeds since that last update.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    How it was when rolled out?

How was it?

I assume it was exactly the same but with less faster options.

I think you're actually asking for 8x speed....maybe? Honestly I can't tell.

It was exactly like Marvel Strike Force is currently. 3 different speeds and the fastest speed was so fast that you couldn’t make out the animations. I’m pretty sure it developed a bug that they never fixed. It’s not really a QOL update now because the animations were never as slow as they are now on regular speed. I have been meaning to make this post for a really long time and just finally had time to do so now.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

It might seem like it, but it's not. We have gotten used to playing at 4x, so 1x FEELS slower than it used to, and 4x doesn't FEEL as fast as it did at first. But nothing has changed about speeds since that last update.

Not sure if you were here for the inital update but yeah it was super fast with the regular speed having normal animations. Now the normal animations a super slow. It is an understandable assumption that this could just be a factor of conditioning but unfortunately, that is not the case. It clearly was lightning fast speed on X4 and after a few weeks of that it was changed to the speeds we have today.
  • Options
    I watched this older Cubs Fan Han video the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoS6pAvFiOs

If you skip to 15:30 or so, he puts a battle on screen, and the toons are moving way faster at 4X than they do currently.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Check out the old videos before the speed change was a thing. They look like they are going pretty slow.

Do I think the 1x 2x and 4x are all based on the old speed, I dont think so. But 4x is faster and I dont think that speed has changed and measurable amount.
  • Options
    I watched this older Cubs Fan Han video the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoS6pAvFiOs

If you skip to 15:30 or so, he puts a battle on screen, and the toons are moving way faster at 4X than they do currently.

Sorry to break it to you, but that video is artificially sped up. I compared real time seconds with in-game seconds and it appears ×2 faster. So it is appearing at ×8 speed. @nobodyfromjakku
  • Options

Thank you so much for finding this. That was my next step was to find video confirmation because it appears no one remembers. Lol
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

If you notice, the timer on the arena match is running way fast too. The video of the match is being sped up about double. I pulled out a stop watch, and timed 15 seconds while 30 seconds ticked off the arena clock in the video. That has nothing to do with in game speed.

Not sure if you were here for the inital update but yeah it was super fast with the regular speed having normal animations. Now the normal animations a super slow. It is an understandable assumption that this could just be a factor of conditioning but unfortunately, that is not the case. It clearly was lightning fast speed on X4 and after a few weeks of that it was changed to the speeds we have today.

I was here. You are just used to the speed. Like how a pool feels super cold when you first jump in, but then feels comfortable after a bit of time. Your brain has changed. Not the game. Because brains are amazing/cool/complicated.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I watched this older Cubs Fan Han video the other day:

he sped up the footage when editing. Just look at the game clock, "time" goes by faster aswell.
    edit: haha, the others apparantly already responded while i was still watching the vid. sorry about the repeat.
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Sorry to break it to you, but that video is artificially sped up. I compared real time seconds with in-game seconds and it appears ×2 faster. So it is appearing at ×8 speed. @nobodyfromjakku

Ah, well, that explains that. I noticed it looked different from normal gameplay, but I didn't actually compare the seconds.
  • Options

If you notice, the timer on the arena match is running way fast too. The video of the match is being sped up about double. I pulled out a stop watch, and timed 15 seconds while 30 seconds ticked off the arena clock in the video. That has nothing to do with in game speed.

I was here. You are just used to the speed. Like how a pool feels super cold when you first jump in, but then feels comfortable after a bit of time. Your brain has changed. Not the game. Because brains are amazing/cool/complicated.

That’s a great opinion but like I said the animations were so fast on the highest speed that you could not make them out. Are you able to make out the animations on the fastest speed right now? I don’t think my brain changed lol. Maybe I have powers to alternate time and space?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

That’s a great opinion but like I said the animations were so fast on the highest speed that you could not make them out. Are you able to make out the animations on the fastest speed right now? I don’t think my brain changed lol. Maybe I have powers to alternate time and space?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CX7oRWMOQ
    This sure didn't look like slomo back then, but it does now.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CX7oRWMOQ
    This sure didn't look like slomo back then, but it does now.

Good find! Any luck finding the first X4 after the update was released? I’m scouring the internet trying to find one.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. You are imagining things. They felt fast because you were used to them being very slow. Now you are used to them being fast.

And yes. Brains do alter your perceptions even of time. How you ever been in the middle of a horrible car accident that you can see coming? I can tell you that time slows down so that 3 seconds feels like an eternity, and your reaction time shoots through the roof.

https://youtu.be/saiXCfsyZyg

Also, I dug this up from 14 months ago. This is the first Mobile Gamer video I could find where he used 4x speed in the game (not the dev account). It looks just like 4x now. No hidden speed nerf. You are just imagining things.
  • Options

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. You are imagining things. They felt fast because you were used to them being very slow. Now you are used to them being fast.

And yes. Brains do alter your perceptions even of time. How you ever been in the middle of a horrible car accident that you can see coming? I can tell you that time slows down so that 3 seconds feels like an eternity, and your reaction time shoots through the roof.

Also, I dug this up from 14 months ago. This is the first Mobile Gamer video I could find where he used 4x speed in the game (not the dev account). It looks just like 4x now. No hidden speed nerf. You are just imagining things.

No the X4 speed wasn’t that slow. Like I said, for the 3rd time now, the animations on the fastest speed were too fast to make out. That’s the speed I enjoyed during the first release because it actually made autoing much faster. So yeah I will admit that I’m contrast the regular speed seems in slow motion but was always that slow. Still doesn’t take away the fact that the original X4 when released was so fast that the animation was a blur. ✌️
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Options

No the X4 speed wasn’t that slow. Like I said, for the 3rd time now, the animations on the fastest speed were too fast to make out. That’s the speed I enjoyed during the first release because it actually made autoing much faster. So yeah I will admit that I’m contrast the regular speed seems in slow motion but was always that slow. Still doesn’t take away the fact that the original X4 when released was so fast that the animation was a blur. ✌️

Lol, face it , your wrong, you have adjusted to the speed of 4x ,
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there isn't a single video to be found to support that claim. Maybe it's time to start considering you're actually wrong and just request x8 speed instead of being stubborn.
    Maybe you bought a new device and you're not lagging as much anyore, i don't know. I'm however pretty sure they haven't changed the speed settings.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

You remember incorrectly, and there is video evidence to support it. I provided you with some. You can go back yourself to any of the GameChangers videos from that time. (Approximately Feb-March 2017 just to make it easy on you) They are all on line. But if you just want to ignore the evidence, and make a willful decision to be wrong then have fun with that.
  • Options
    Hey, 'member they sped up Arena animations to match the speed of GW animations because GW was way faster? I 'member. Today's 1x speed is about twice as fast as it used to be. @leef 's video up there looks like the original super-slow regular speed.
    1758900_0.jpg