Ships are incredibly unfun!

Prev1
PeteSolo
173 posts Member
The story is the same, go for the kill on reaper, if you get it you win, if you fail then Biggs gets taunt and the game is over and you lose.

This is a nightmare, everyone has the exact same squad, same strategy, it's a disaster!

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Did you know a rework is coming?

Beyond that, I've had more luck trying to take out Biggs ASAP. Most of the reapers in my shard are now 7* with 7* and G11 or G12 pilots, so it's unusual to take it out before Biggs taunts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Did you know a rework is coming?

Beyond that, I've had more luck trying to take out Biggs ASAP. Most of the reapers in my shard are now 7* with 7* and G11 or G12 pilots, so it's unusual to take it out before Biggs taunts.

If I take out Biggs then reaper goes to stealth because 99% of players have scimitar immediately come out of reinforcements
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yep, and it doesn't matter because your reaper is still in play too so it's a draw. Oh and I'm the 1% who doesn't use Scimitar and still get #1. So not everyone has the same squad (granted I do use the meta starting lineup).

I'm just saying what works for me.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Yep, and it doesn't matter because your reaper is still in play too so it's a draw. Oh and I'm the 1% who doesn't use Scimitar and still get #1. So not everyone has the same squad (granted I do use the meta starting lineup).

My reaper is under starred
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to feedback >> ships
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    PeteSolo wrote: »

Well there you go then.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member

Well there you go then.

Well it's not like I can speed farm it
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member

Well there you go then.

None of us could!
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    For those who don’t get crystals from ship arena, yes it is boring af. For those who get 400 crystals daily, I’m sure they have zero problems with the state of ships at the moment.
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »
    For those who don’t get crystals from ship arena, yes it is boring af. For those who get 400 crystals daily, I’m sure they have zero problems with the state of ships at the moment.

That's actually a good point. I do not understand why in fleet arena you only get crystals for top 20 but in squad arena it goes much further.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The story is the same, go for the kill on reaper, if you get it you win, if you fail then Biggs gets taunt and the game is over and you lose.

This is a nightmare, everyone has the exact same squad, same strategy, it's a disaster!

Actually, this is completely not true. I have failed to take down an opponents Reaper several times and still won. In many ways the RNG factor in ships is much less a factor on the outcome than in squad arena - here's why:

1) In ships you have Reinforcements - and you get to decide which ones come in based on the situation and the leadership ability of your capital ship.

2) You have a capital ship that not only has a static "leadership" ability - but several special abilities that directly influence the combat. Knowing when to use them and in what order is also your decision.

3) The more meaningful decisions (reinforcements, capital ship abilities, etc.) the player has, the more he/she can mitigate bad RNG - and the more chances for the AI to mess up on his end.

If you don't take out the enemies Reaper, then use Thrawn's other special - the one that gives all of your attackers offense up (and gives your Reaper foresight). Enemy Biggs melts quickly when everyone firing on him has offense up.

I like ships better than sqaud arena for all of those reasons. The more influence I have on the outcome, the more I enjoy it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    YodaHeIs wrote: »

That's actually a good point. I do not understand why in fleet arena you only get crystals for top 20 but in squad arena it goes much further.

Actually it's not, on two fronts:

1) I've loved ships from the beginning, when there were no crystals. They're fun (see post directly above mine).
    2) Fleet shards are 10% the size of arena shards, so it makes sense that less people would get crystals.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member

Actually it's not, on two fronts:

1) I've loved ships from the beginning, when there were no crystals. They're fun (see post directly above mine).
    2) Fleet shards are 10% the size of arena shards, so it makes sense that less people would get crystals.

That's a bad argument, just because fleet shards are smaller it doesn't mean that crystals couldn't scale up further. 20 people is nothing, it could be 100-200
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member

Well there you go then.

None of us could!

Except nobody could have predicted how powerful that ship would have been, the TM reduction is broken, and what about those who invested in Kylo's ship or the falcon. They are just as hard to get and don't make nearly the same impact so all these people got played
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member

Ok, i was not aware of that. But it is not to scale? In squad arena everybody get at least 15 crystals. 50 crystals for top 1000. Converting this to fleet shards size (which is one tenth of an squad arena shard) this would mean 50 crystals for top 100. But they get nothing.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Ok, i was not aware of that. But it is not to scale? In squad arena everybody get at least 15 crystals. 50 crystals for top 1000. Converting this to fleet shards size (which is one tenth of an squad arena shard) this would mean 50 crystals for top 100. But they get nothing.

I agree they need to expand the crystal payout down some, 20 is too shallow. Scaling to 100 makes sense.
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    Except nobody could have predicted how powerful that ship would have been, the TM reduction is broken, and what about those who invested in Kylo's ship or the falcon. They are just as hard to get and don't make nearly the same impact so all these people got played

My reaper is 7star now and its pilots are g11 (good enough to finish top 3 everyday). When i started farming it its dominance was well known, and that was the reason i farmed it. If you started your farm after me you could have known. If you started earlier you didn't go all in.

I don't want to criticize your priorities, everyone makes his own decisions. I also agree that fleet arena needs more variety. But your statement that it is unfun is not general and i know many that do like ships (including myself). And i also do not mind that players that (due to information or just the right guess) farm a character/ship/... to the end get an advantage from it. Luckily in ships there is nothing that keeps you from catching up to the meta.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member

My reaper is 7star now and its pilots are g11 (good enough to finish top 3 everyday). When i started farming it its dominance was well known, and that was the reason i farmed it. If you started your farm after me you could have known. If you started earlier you didn't go all in.

I don't want to criticize your priorities, everyone makes his own decisions. I also agree that fleet arena needs more variety. But your statement that it is unfun is not general and i know many that do like ships (including myself). And i also do not mind that players that (due to information or just the right guess) farm a character/ship/... to the end get an advantage from it. Luckily in ships there is nothing that keeps you from catching up to the meta.

Except Kylo's ship and the falcon shouldn't be entirely useless on defense. I have DT g12 and Shore g11 and the reaper is only 5 stars... I put more into the pilots than most and still get punished for low stars
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Te rework would make it better but still it's still kind of boring. Plus, it would be nice if we had many more ships. I have a lot idea for ships but 10% of my ideas would include new characters like Luke Skywalker (X-wing pilot) and his X-wing
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Well there you go then.

None of us could!

your kidding right.. Kylo's ship should be mandatory right now... Falcon AOE at max charge and offense up can wipe out a whole fleet...I think the issue is people don't have the ships....

Or they might not take a refresh every now and then and play around with the ships they have and find something cool that works... Kylo shuttle and silencer...is just epic OP

EDIT i'm editing becaue 2 posts up you said they were useless on DEFENSE... ok I get that...it's more the AI than the ship itself being useless on Defense.. But I do question you saying those 2 as useless on Defense.... because there is NO defense. Everyship is worthless on defense...You can run a speed squad on offense and kill 2 ships before the AI even goes so reaper in first five is worthless on defense. I'm just saying that you can't argue that kylo and falcon suck on defense when EVERY ship sucks on D...Any shard that's not brand new you can almost run any ship composition and probably have a chance at winning as long as you know what the AI will do...now if they randomized it...that would be different.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Well there you go then.

None of us could!

your kidding right.. Kylo's ship should be mandatory right now... Falcon AOE at max charge and offense up can wipe out a whole fleet...I think the issue is people don't have the ships....

Or they might not take a refresh every now and then and play around with the ships they have and find something cool that works... Kylo shuttle and silencer...is just epic OP

EDIT i'm editing becaue 2 posts up you said they were useless on DEFENSE... ok I get that...it's more the AI than the ship itself being useless on Defense.. But I do question you saying those 2 as useless on Defense.... because there is NO defense. Everyship is worthless on defense...You can run a speed squad on offense and kill 2 ships before the AI even goes so reaper in first five is worthless on defense. I'm just saying that you can't argue that kylo and falcon suck on defense when EVERY ship sucks on D...Any shard that's not brand new you can almost run any ship composition and probably have a chance at winning as long as you know what the AI will do...now if they randomized it...that would be different.

I mean reaper can get you wins on defense especially against players who don't have a reaper themselves
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Well there you go then.

None of us could!

I mean reaper can get you wins on defense especially against players who don't have a reaper themselves

meh... only because of the AI real world no reaper ever survives first 3 turns
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Well there you go then.

None of us could!

maybe on a newer shard i guess
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member

Well there you go then.

None of us could!

maybe on a newer shard i guess

My shard isn't new, it's got plenty of end game fleets with 460k power. If the reaper goes stealth the match is over
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    @PeteSolo

I agree with your first point that reaper can be a major factor for winning on defense.

However I disagree that once reaper goes stealth it's game over. Harder yes but definitely still winnable.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    RNG on first target lock.

RNG on TFP dodge.

That's fleet arena.

But it's getting reworked so Im no longer fussed
  • Everything is getting reworked soon, so it's pretty pointless to complain about it now. I clear first in fleet consistently since I unlocked ships. Almost all of us have the same opening fleet, and nearly everyone is running Thrawn at 6* or 7*. Pretty much every battle goes like Shaunyvee mentioned;

-Did my ITF/FOTF land a target lock for Biggs? If not, the battle gets more complicated and I'm in danger of losing ships early.

-Did my ITF dodge attacks? If not (and it happens a fair amount of the time), it tends to bite it early and die to focus fire for no good reason. This is usually a match loss if the defender's ITF dodges a lot (if I lose Vader early especially).

Those are literally the only factors. I will say there are a couple Tarkins still trying to grind up, but they are easy targets because Thrawn's AoE is waaaaayyy harder to deal with and no one lives to ult usually.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Lumovanis wrote: »
    Everything is getting reworked soon, so it's pretty pointless to complain about it now. I clear first in fleet consistently since I unlocked ships. Almost all of us have the same opening fleet, and nearly everyone is running Thrawn at 6* or 7*. Pretty much every battle goes like Shaunyvee mentioned;

-Did my ITF/FOTF land a target lock for Biggs? If not, the battle gets more complicated and I'm in danger of losing ships early.

-Did my ITF dodge attacks? If not (and it happens a fair amount of the time), it tends to bite it early and die to focus fire for no good reason. This is usually a match loss if the defender's ITF dodges a lot (if I lose Vader early especially).

Those are literally the only factors. I will say there are a couple Tarkins still trying to grind up, but they are easy targets because Thrawn's AoE is waaaaayyy harder to deal with and no one lives to ult usually.

First off, those are not literally the only factors. Secondly you could simplify most squad arena battles the same way - whose zPalp (or Thrawn) wins the "Vader TM coin flip" and goes first pretty much walks to victory.

Except in fleet arena, since you have a capital ship that has abilities and you have reinforcements at your disposal (and get to choose which ones come in when) you have a lot more opportunities to mitigate poor RNG with decent strategy.

People who feel fleet arena has more RNG than squad arena are either being disingenuous or simply not taking the time to think things through.

The only "real" issue with fleet arena is the fact that there are too few options for ships. But unfortunately, CG will now pounce on the misguided complaints to "completely rework" fleet arena - which is really just code for "make the less leveled and geared ships/pilots stronger, so people have to re-farm for fleet arena". And at the end of the process, while we are all wondering why we now have to spend months farming and leveling an entirely new "reworked" fleet, they will simply say "See? We listened."

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Lumovanis wrote: »
    pointless to complain

[*looks at rest of forum*]