Roster Goals

Morningfrost
47 posts Member
edited May 2018
Finally got tired of being relatively impulsive with who I was working and when, and sat down and devised a list of various squads I wanted to build, and the order of importance I assigned them. My main focus is typically raids, territory wars and territory battles, and I have just enough OCD that I dislike min/maxing by mixing squads (I.E. using Stormtrooper Han on a Sith team as a tank).

Figured I'd throw the list out there to see what people thought about my selections, and whether there were any differing suggestions. Please keep in mind that I'm limiting myself to characters that are FTP-obtainable, even if they're long farms, and am excluding raid heroes such as Han Solo and General Kenobi (the guild I'm in is too small to do HAAT, but I'm happy with them socially and have no desire to leave). Please note that if there is more than one character listed per line, the first one listed is the "end goal", while the one listed afterwards is the temporary character that will be used, typically because the end goal is a long farm. I also tried to keep the light/dark ratios the same to help with territory battles. So here we go:

Squad One - First Order
Kylo Ren Unmasked
Kylo Ren
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Officer
First Order TIE Pilot / First Order Executioner (specific raids only)

Squad Two - Rebels
Wedge Antilles
Biggs Darklighter
Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
Chirrut Imwe / Princess Leia
Baze Malbus / Obi-Wan Kenobi

Squad Three - Sith
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
Darth Nihilus
Savage Opress / Darth Sidious
Sith Trooper

Squad Four - Resistance
Finn
Poe Dameron
Resistance Trooper
BB-8
Rey (Scavenger)

Squad Five - Imperial Trooper
General Veers
Colonel Starck
Death Trooper
Snowtrooper
Shoretrooper / Stormtrooper

Squad Six - Phoenix
Hera Syndulla
Ezra Bridger
Sabine Wren
Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios
Kanan Jarrus

Squad Seven - Bounty Hunter
Boba Fett
Greedo
IG-88
Dengar
Zam Wesell

Squad Eight - Jedi (Mostly Nostalgia)
Qui-Gon Jinn
Jedi Knight Anakin
Ahsoka Tano
Barriss Offee / Luminara Unduli
Aayla Secura / Grand Master Yoda

That's what I've got for now. A pretty fair number of those characters are already farmed, and my FO squad is all G10-G11 so far as I use them as my arena squad as well.

So sound off, pros and cons, suggestions, etc. What would you change and why, within the parameters I mentioned?

Oh, and just for s-and-giggles, finally got around to doing a GG profile lol. https://swgoh.gg/u/morningfrost/collection/

~Morningfrost

Replies

• This is gonna sound really stupid lol, but apparently I edited this for typos so much that I had to go through a review process, and I got back paged really quickly.

Aside from that though, finally decided to try FO Executioner in the arena and was pretty happy with that, so my FOTP might find himself only being used in TW defense and in certain raid phases (like tank phase 1, since the random taunts have a chance of really screwing with Executioner's damage ramping up).

~Morningfrost
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Another good Rebel squad is Wedge, Biggs, R2d2, Commander Luke, Han Solo (from rancor)
  • SeanutB wrote: »
    Another good Rebel squad is Wedge, Biggs, R2d2, Commander Luke, Han Solo (from rancor)

While that's true, I'm not anywhere near having Raid Han at a usable level. My guild on started being able to do Heroic Rancor relatively recently, so I don't have him unlocked yet (103/145 atm). Also won't have Commander Luke until the next time the Hero's Journey comes around. Made the mistake of not gearing my CLS Rebels early enough so I was scrambling during the last Hero's Journey. Almost have them all to G10 though, so I should end up with Commander Luke during his next appearance.

~Morningfrost
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Since sith are low on the priority sion shoukd be farmable by the time you get there. I would dub him for sith trooper.
  • Since sith are low on the priority sion shoukd be farmable by the time you get there. I would dub him for sith trooper.

I do plan on adding Sion once he's farmable. I was talking with a guildmate earlier today, and if Sion and Marauder are reasonably farmable then I'll probably add both in some form. For example, I might run a zVader lead with Sion, Nihilus, Marauder and Trooper for a double tank, while Vader stacking debuffs add to Marauder's power. Since it wouldn't be my arena team I don't need to worry about it being arena viable, and then I could use Palpatine elsewhere like for an eventual Empire squad.

I'm also reasonably close to having a halfway decent Sith team already, as I have Palpatine and Vader maxed, just got Sidious to 7-stars (needs gear though), almost have Nihilus maxed, and can throw in Dooku as a placeholder until I'm done with Trooper.

~Morningfrost
  • If you have palp vader and nihlas i would definitely farm sion and gear him. With those four and palp lead you can plug another empire or sith in and have a good arena team. Obviously you can split them to naker two teams elsewhere in the game but definitely worth it. I saved crystals and have 7 star sion in my arena team and it's pretty easy to stay in the top 50 and sometimes in the top 20.
  • If you have palp vader and nihlas i would definitely farm sion and gear him. With those four and palp lead you can plug another empire or sith in and have a good arena team. Obviously you can split them to naker two teams elsewhere in the game but definitely worth it. I saved crystals and have 7 star sion in my arena team and it's pretty easy to stay in the top 50 and sometimes in the top 20.

I'm definitely hoping that Sion ends up being a bit more easily farmable than Nihilus lol. I've spent months farming Nihilus off of his single hard node because I refuse to spend the crystals to buy his shards (seriously, the ratio of crystals per shards on characters like Nihillus is insane). Will just need to see what happens once he becomes farmable. Speaking of which, cadence should have Sion being farmable by the end of the month, hopefully (initial release end of February, in packs on 4/11, so 4-6 weeks after that puts us in the "now" range lol).

I doubt I'll change over to the Palpatine meta even if Sion is easily farmable, just because I really enjoy my FO squad, but Sion opens up a lot of options for the Sith.

~Morningfrost
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    If you have palp vader and nihlas i would definitely farm sion and gear him. With those four and palp lead you can plug another empire or sith in and have a good arena team. Obviously you can split them to naker two teams elsewhere in the game but definitely worth it. I saved crystals and have 7 star sion in my arena team and it's pretty easy to stay in the top 50 and sometimes in the top 20.

I'm definitely hoping that Sion ends up being a bit more easily farmable than Nihilus lol. I've spent months farming Nihilus off of his single hard node because I refuse to spend the crystals to buy his shards (seriously, the ratio of crystals per shards on characters like Nihillus is insane). Will just need to see what happens once he becomes farmable. Speaking of which, cadence should have Sion being farmable by the end of the month, hopefully (initial release end of February, in packs on 4/11, so 4-6 weeks after that puts us in the "now" range lol).

I doubt I'll change over to the Palpatine meta even if Sion is easily farmable, just because I really enjoy my FO squad, but Sion opens up a lot of options for the Sith.

~Morningfrost

I think it's 6-8, actually.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    If you have palp vader and nihlas i would definitely farm sion and gear him. With those four and palp lead you can plug another empire or sith in and have a good arena team. Obviously you can split them to naker two teams elsewhere in the game but definitely worth it. I saved crystals and have 7 star sion in my arena team and it's pretty easy to stay in the top 50 and sometimes in the top 20.

~Morningfrost

I think it's 6-8, actually.

Per CG_TopHat's dev blog from 3/30, it's 4-6 weeks.
    All units (characters or ships) released through Marquee events will move to the Chromium Packs or Fleet Packs (whichever is appropriate) and Shipments approximately four to six weeks from the first day of the unit’s Marquee event.
    From the day the unit moves to the Chromium Pack or Fleet Pack, and Shipments, approximately four to six weeks later the unit will move to a location in the game.

~Morningfrost
  • I know how bad the ratio is. I saved crystals and have a seven star sion. I originally was only going to go to about 4 star but got lucky and got 145 from my first pack tgen managed to get him 6 star before the packs ended. So 100 shards at the store prices wasn't terrible. I'm actually hoping he's in a fairly difficult position to farm since i put resources into him already. I just got him one away from g12 and the rest of the team except thrawn is at gear 12 maxed out and one zeta away from the whole team being zetaed which i should have tomorrow. After putting so much work into them I don't want him to be as easily farmable as kru. But I agree with you that nihlas isn't worth buying from the store since even refreshing his node is cheaper. The only time I buy from the store is if it's the only place available and it will get me another star level for me to deem it worth it. Most likely sion will be a hard node so the headstart was worth it for me but other characters like holdo, rose, and vistas marr not so much.