Palpatine AoE AI should be updated to suit his reworked abilty

Sentia
280 posts Member
When EP is up against a single opponent the AI will not use his Stun and Offense Up group buff ability. These effects are tied to an area damage effect that I am guessing he doesn't prioritize when there is only 1 opponent. However, after the rework EP gives group Offense Up with this ability, any other character who gave this buff would prioritize using it, and this ability can also stun, any character with a single target stun special would prioritize using it. So I am not sure why EP AI shouldn't be prioritizing this ability in single target situations.

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Shock grants him tm, restores his prot w/ zeta unique and does more damage. If u r down to 1 opponent, it seems foolish to waste a turn on a low damage, resistable ability. Makes perfect sense to me why he doesn't.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    His basic doesn't do that much more damage and shock is also resistable
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    Shock grants him tm, restores his prot w/ zeta unique and does more damage. If u r down to 1 opponent, it seems foolish to waste a turn on a low damage, resistable ability. Makes perfect sense to me why he doesn't.

In arena if your down to 1 opponent and you have allies your in a sure win situation and it really doesn't matter which attack he chooses. However in a raid event with a single boss, the damage gain from buffing all 4 allies when ever possible surely outweighs the minor higher damage from shock.

Additionally I was testing with Anakin, who also has an AoE attack that has the possibility of giving a buff. His AI will use it on a single target, tested this in TB and raids. His ability doesn't even always give a buff where Palp AOE is a guaranteed buff.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Agreed, plus it has the possibility to stun (for two turns if the target is already shocked too) which could be very useful against counter attacking characters. If JKA's AI uses his AOE when theres only one character (and his has a chance to be harmful to himself) then Palp should probably use his AOE whenever he can even if theres only one target.
  • I put palp on auto vs the rancor and he uses the stun plenty. Not sure if there are technically two targets there though - I see lightning going off to the door panel even when it's deactivated.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I put palp on auto vs the rancor and he uses the stun plenty. Not sure if there are technically two targets there though - I see lightning going off to the door panel even when it's deactivated.

Yeah that's due to the door panel. You'll notice in P4 when the panel is no longer ever any option that Palp stops using his AOE. Used to be kinda annoying back when I ran zVader with Sid in the rancor as Sid stopped using his AOE in p4 and so the DOTs wouldn't stack up as fast so it would sometimes be faster to run it on manual for a bit to get the DOTs to pile up for culling blades.
  • Agreed
  • Palp doesn't regain protection with the Unique/Basic lol