Drop rate

Hello,

I’m a bit confused about drop rate. Yesterday I made my personal best with a awesome 0/25 on old smugglers shards in cantina battles.
Usually I’m on a 10% on those characters.
Obviously, it means 0/25 also on omegas too.

The drop rate is really intended to work like this?

Thanks

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yes, that's how random numbers work, you can get hot and cold streaks. Overall, the drops should average around 30% for character shards, some people have tracked it over very large sample sizes so you can look it up if you want.
  • The 30% is the funniest thing of all. Putting aside the 0/25, I never got more then a tenth percentage on those characters... and on omega, I think I’m around 0,5%. Maybe the random numbers are not so random.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I suggest you really look it up, those were thousands of pulls, not 25. As for omegas, yeah, it is much lower for them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Your sample size is too small, yes we usually see streaks in the drop rate, some good some bad.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Your sample size is too small, yes we usually see streaks in the drop rate, some good some bad.

This.
  • For 3 days straight, 3 energy refreshes each day, every bit of Cantina energy used for Vet Han and the result:... .... .... ... ... 1 shard a day so 3 shards total. The worst droprates in the game. Makes me not want to even bother with JTR if it wasn't for the crappy Sith Raid. CG doesn't give a ****.
  • Ok... it’s been 5 days of full farming the (**** only) shoretrooper nod... result ——> 0 shards...

I feel very angry about spending 800 yellow energy for NOTHING, especially for an essential char....

Change this... seriously... it makes players mad... very mad...
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    Especially when you get closer to 100 shards to get your toon 7*, the drop rate becomes even worse.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Sthenos wrote: »
    Especially when you get closer to 100 shards to get your toon 7*, the drop rate becomes even worse.

Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Sthenos wrote: »

Nope.

Yeah. It just feels like it gets worse, but I don't think it does. Couldn't or that would be sadistic.

That being said I've said the same in another thread essentially about the Vets. I honestly feel that they toned the drop rate down for them in order to push people to spend more energy to get them as they are essential to JTR. I'm convinced as I pull shards for Death Trooper in the same tier. What is being said about sample size is accurate to say in general, but if we were to have 10,000 runs for death trooper and 10,000 for any one of the vets I would not be surprised in the least if one was tuned differently. The number of 0 pull days I've had for them compared to any other is off the charts. It can't be coincidence or just lulls. People have JTR and have spent lots of refreshes on the cantina. It's not that she's impossible to get, but there has to be a slightly lower rate else my RNG is crazy bad and focused.