Do you remember... When SW was new...?

I remember waiting for each movie, dreaming of the characters, and talking about the storylines over and over with friends. I think young and old, may not always agree on all points, director decisions, canon vs non canon, EU, Legend, (My gosh, do we have enough categories yet? LOL) but we will hopefully agree that our SCI/FI Nerdy world is better with SW in it. It's so engrained in our daily lives, even non SCI/FI fans use it. My own Mother called my little brother her malfunctioning twerp (C3PO's pet name for R2 iirc). And look at the 501st, and related groups. I am amazed and humbled by the work they do. If any here are members, /saber_salute!! Lucas couldn't have imagined the impact. Even a previous President coined the ill-fated "Star Wars Plan" for a segment of our national defense. Talk about a mark on the world (Star Wars itself) that won't be erased anytime soon.

Star Wars brought us here. Who knew.. once upon a time, it never existed. Can any of us imagine life without it? Come on, like you never fantasized about using the Jedi Mind trick?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    All I remember from back then was one of my friends from school, who collected SW cards featuring various characters and vehicles. It was back when The Empire Strikes Back was just released. I myself had no clue whatsoever about what SW was. That came much later to me.
  • I was given a plastic light saber by my gf, because she got tired of me saying I miss my glow stick (the end of the mmo, SWG reference). Now fast forward to a blended family and a 9 year old cousin asking what it was, could she have it. I explained a Padawan had to earn her Light Saber. She asked what a Padawan was. I explained it was a person learning how to be Jedi. She asked, what's a Jedi? I smiled a big smile and explained. When she had earned it, I gave her the plastic replica of Lukes LS. She was blown away, "For me?". Thank you George Lucas, a SW flavored moment I will treasure.
  • I was given a plastic light saber by my gf, because she got tired of me saying I miss my glow stick (the end of the mmo, SWG reference). Now fast forward to a blended family and a 9 year old cousin asking what it was, could she have it. I explained a Padawan had to earn her Light Saber. She asked what a Padawan was. I explained it was a person learning how to be Jedi. She asked, what's a Jedi? I smiled a big smile and explained. When she had earned it, I gave her the plastic replica of Lukes LS. She was blown away, "For me?". Thank you George Lucas, a SW flavored moment I will treasure.

Awww, that’s adorable

Awww, that’s adorable

She is now my Padawan, and has her own SWGOH acct, which she has me building the teams she wants. First request was Sabine, because of her hair lol

Awww, that’s adorable

She is now my Padawan, and has her own SWGOH acct, which she has me building the teams she wants. First request was Sabine, because of her hair lol

What’s her go-to team?
  • Leia, STH, lumi, yoda, sabine. But she will make some interesting mashups lol I let her decide how she plays them.
  • Leia, STH, lumi, yoda, sabine. But she will make some interesting mashups lol I let her decide how she plays them.

Thats still adorable, most of those characters at decent as well
  • :)