Loyalty to the Jedis: Making a Top 50 Arena Team

SamuraiUX
265 posts Member
To no one's surprise, and especially not @CoastalJames, I'm going to do something idi.otic and try and push my Jedi into a top 50 position - just because. They deserve it. LOL.

After I'm done gearing up my Troopers to G10, it's Jedis all day and all night. Step one is to gold-ring 'em all. Yup, even Guardian. I really like that furry weirdo. Then I'm going to make three full teams out of 'em, because there are THAT MANY useless Jedis in the world. But which one will be my ultimate fighting team? I'm thinking it's a given that it has to start with:

zQGJ (L), GK, zHermit Yoda

Some people might go GK lead, since he grants extra health and defense. With Hermit Yoda on the team, you get a cascading attack on both his Basic and his Special. Buuuut... if I build up everyone's speed like mad with my best mods, zQGJ's +25 speed boost could be insane. And the wimpy Jedi need the offense boost that'll come with the high speed.

So who for the last two? Options include:

zGMYoda and ANY ATTACKER. Between zGM Yoda and zHermit Yoda and zQGJ, my team should basically always have foresight on. Like, always.

Anakin and Ahsoka. They both hit like a truck, and Ahsoka's protected from criticals with Anakin there. She heals on special and he grants Offense Up.

Aayla and Ezra. She sometimes grants him for FOUR HITS. I kid you not. It goes like this: he calls Aayla as his assist. On her basic, she has a 35% to call another Jedi for assist. IF SHE CALLS HIM, he has an 80% chance to hit twice if he's not debuffed. Then he makes his own attack and has another 80% chance to go twice. Five hits at best, and they're all at +100% crit.

What do you think, guys? What's my best path to Jedi domination? Well, or, at least... Jedi Not Total Suckage?

Thanks as always for your theorycrafting,
SamUX

Replies

• SamuraiUX wrote: »
    To no one's surprise, and especially not @CoastalJames, I'm going to do something idi.otic...

Just like the sun coming up we can rely on it :)

And good on you mate...and in fairness I never said ****- brave, crazy and interesting yes. ****- no! Great thread as always. Can't wait to see how it develops :smile:

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    Surely if you want offence you go Ezra.
    GK, zarris, hoda, Ezra and anakin. The last 2 are the closest to hard hitter you've got.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    zQGJ, Hermit, GK, Ezra, GMYoda. Tenacity up is good those days, foresight too. Ezra will hit hard with Master's training and the boost of offense of QGJ lead. You can use anakin for his AoE and buff immunity insteadof GMYoda.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Count me as another vote for Ezra and GMYoda. Anakin and Ezra is also a solid combo. Ezra is almost a must because of his ability to choose the assist - gives you situational flexibility.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Aayla leading Kit Gusto, QGJ, GMyoda, and Samuel L Jackson can't hit 50?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I don't think it can be done, but I wish you the best of luck!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    zQGJ, Aayla, zEzra, GK, zzOB

Dual Kenobis will shut the other team off long enuf for your 3 damage dealers to drop your biggest threat.
  • I will try all of these. Believe it or not, the Aayla lead is no joke against Palpatine: she's +40% tenacity, way more than GM Yoda lead.

So my new question is: tell me why GM Yoda is integral to a Jedi team? Is it only if he's zetad? Or do you think he serves another purpose? Coz he doesn't hit all THAT hard and he's kind of squishy.

I'm leaning towards trying the Dual Kenobis, like @Poxx recommended above, and the Anakin/Ezra combo. Although like I said, Aayla/Ezra is also pretty insane.

These are the Jedis I always see talked about, but what of Plo Koon? He has a dispell on his basic... mine's only 4-star right now but I always thought he coulda been a contenda... anyone with experience have any thoughts on him?
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I don't think it can be done, but I wish you the best of luck!

I don't think it can be done either! LOL! But by gum my Jedis deserve it, so I'm gonna try!!
  • metal_samurai
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    i have plo koon built to some extent (g10) because i use him as a pilot. his dispel is handy, but it's hard for me to imagine him viable in the arena; his damage is rather underwhelming, and qgj and ezra can dispel anyway.

i'd love to find out i've underestimated him though; i too am rather curious as to how your experiment turns out.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    U can't count on him. Anyone else w/ a dispel...target or aoe...dispels everything. Imagine u attack a tank that has taunt and 1 or 2 other buffs and the taunt stays ?

His aoe has extremely poor damage.

I have him gear XI, just 2 pieces shy of gear XII and i only use him for LS Fleet Battles in TB along w/ Ahsoka and the 3 clone ships under Mace.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I think people like GMYoda for the tenacity up boost vs. Palp teams and his ability to pass around buffs (be it foresight, O-up, etc.) Obviously, if you're facing Sion teams, don't bother (unless you throw it after his AoE) - but even then, I'm not a fan.

Another reason people probably like GMYoda is "Unstoppable Force". If you running with zPalp teams you have to slow them down since Jedi really don't have a way to speed up.

Aayla can do that to though - with her stun.

I still go back to Ezra being a must. I do like Poxx's comp too - but that's a lot of zetas needed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    The nice thing about Ezra and OB, yes they cost u 3 zetas to tweak...BUT, they r not only jedi, but rebels and if u go CLS (L), Raid Han, Ezra, R2, OB u have 2 strong squads w/ 2 interchangeable toons.
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    I suppose I could also sort of cheat and put CLS on my team. Although he's "not a jedi yet" he's as much of one as Ezra is, LOL. I think his tagging is pretty silly, IMO. Another non-Jedi possibility is Visas, although she needs a lot of gearing up for me. But it would be fun, just on principle, to try and have a few different colored sabers in there, and red would add to the diversity. LOL. I have really stupid decision-making processes...!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    The plural of Jedi is Jedi.
  • Aayla is a great character, with a fun kit to watch in action....but she’s a terrible Jedi. Between GK taunting and all the foresight constantly being applied she won’t get hit, like ever. Her kit pretty much relies on her being attacked, so I don’t really see her working in any team with a taunt or QGJ lead.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Jedi#1
  • Aayla is a great character, with a fun kit to watch in action....but she’s a terrible Jedi. Between GK taunting and all the foresight constantly being applied she won’t get hit, like ever. Her kit pretty much relies on her being attacked, so I don’t really see her working in any team with a taunt or QGJ lead.

You're mostly right, and I didn't see it until you laid it out for me that way. Thanks! My caveat is that Aayla/Ezra is workable pair, because whenever I use Ezra's assist (every couple of turns!), I call Aayla, which means she has her 35% chance of calling someone ELSE. At worst, this means she hits and then Ezra hits (probably twice). At best it means she hits, and calls Ezra, who probably hits twice, and THEN Ezra hits, probably two more times. Might be worth it, even though the logic of your point still stands.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    I suppose I could also sort of cheat and put CLS on my team. Although he's "not a jedi yet" he's as much of one as Ezra is, LOL. I think his tagging is pretty silly, IMO. Another non-Jedi possibility is Visas, although she needs a lot of gearing up for me. But it would be fun, just on principle, to try and have a few different colored sabers in there, and red would add to the diversity. LOL. I have really **** decision-making processes...!

Integrating CLS is also great. I've tested yesterday a comp with GK lead, HYoda (6* gr 11), Ezra, CLS and Thrawn, but I'm thinking to put Kanan as second tank since at long term, his zeta is a plus for Ezra. Kind of force users team. I've given first the Mastzer's training to Kenobi, so with his lead, he got +120% defense. At the end of this test battle (against a titan's team), all my toons had Master's training).
  • Might be worth going all out on Jedi's as they are long overdue an upgrade. Got a feeling Mace Windu might get a Zeta or 2.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @SamuraiUX
    @CaptainRex yes can be done bro.

Get into top #50? I get #1 everyday on my payout with jedi!!! B)

It's a big shame we don't have jedi Luke!! :'(

It has been a while since i changed for jedi squad looking for more challenge on arena and it works very well! I slaughter Rey or Rex teams, hard is against Palp plus Sion because u can't clean at all.

Sometimes i use hYoda others old Ben. I really like double Kenobi and found out it's a better comp. Old Ben is a must, i tried several teams and his mind tricks gives a boost to you at the start, since u ability block/reduce TM.

My Ezra has a zeta and g12 gear, his flourish crits for 30/40k, but when he has Yoda's master training is a freaking insane 50/60k hit!!!

Unfortunately, going full jedi is kind of impossibe to crack top 30, so Thrawn gives a hand with his fracture and when possible TM swap.

Screenshot_20180513-041554.jpg

Here is my gg link:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/masterflinch/

Edit: i mean sit at #3 everyday, left my beloved guild 2 months ago, playing casual now. So agreement with shard mates is that i grab #3 and let them fight for 1/2 position.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on