Daily 600 question

2Next

Replies

• Naraic wrote: »
    Someone trying to farm a character in shipments.

So they use all their crystals in shipments rather then refreshing energy, right?

Gosh - I'm figuring this stuff out ;)

Is that a good use of resources?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

So they use all their crystals in shipments rather then refreshing energy, right?

not really. Buying a character in shipments is (as far as i know) always more expensive than using the "cheap" refreshes to farm said character. It does however give you the oppertunity to get a head start on characters that aren't farmable yet for another 4 to 6 weeks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Cantina energy restores at a rate of 5 energy per hour * 24 hours = 120 energy + 45 bonus = 165 energy.
    Regular energy restores at a rate of 10 energy per hour * 24 hours = 240 energy + 3 * 45 bonus = 375 energy.
    375 + 165 = 540 energy leaving the amount given with no crystals spent exactly 60 energy short which is exactly half of one refresh (120 energy).

The cost per shard at buying a character out of shipments equals the cost per shard of buying a 200 energy cantina refresh on a 16 energy node, so no, it isn't efficient unless you are on your 6th+ refresh for cantina. The math was pretty balanced, but I haven't redone it for hard nodes since they increased the number of attacks to 8.
  • leef wrote: »
    ...not really.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    ...so no, it isn't efficient...

Yes. This is how I would imagine it. Thanks.

• Yeah, I don't plan on getting them to 7* right away just a head start. And banking so I can buy gear when I want, because 3 energy refreshes only for me to get 1-5 pieces of salvage out of 36 pulls is getting old lol
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Ive been told its more effiicent than farming the vets but that was bu a guy who had some very bad rng and spent 3 refreshes one day and got nothing so its more that it insulate from bad rng than it is efficient.

It was more efficient than farming something in a 20 energy hard node and having to refresh the node and refresh energy but that was before hard nodes went to 8 day so i dont know if thr math has changed on that.

There is a list out there of what gear it is more efficient to farm throuh energy and what gear is more efficient to buy through crystals but i dont have it on me.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    http://shard.swgoh.life/shop.php

Scroll down for the list.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Theodeus
    32 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Oh it's definitely obvious. I just never really paid any attention to it, and since I got 600/600 every day and everything else in that screen is tied to the current daily activity, I never bothered to investigate it further.

My point is exactly.

My 600...every day...just seem to happen without any effort from me.

Which leads me to another question...who wouldn't use and refresh as much energy as possible every day?

Exactly! I farm vet han from shipments rather than refreshes and get 16 shards a week vs 12 shards a week from max refreshes of 50 crystals/ day. Others farm non energy farmable characters here as well so this takes one 4 shard purchase/ week out of the equation. FO goh