Please please please fix Sith Raid Rewards

MntMan
281 posts Member
Look I'm not a meta player. My GP is 2.4 million. Respectable, but not super high level. My guild used to have some good players and it was decent chemistry that we took in new players and helped them. We weren't strict with too many rules and had a great environment. Then this Sith raid rolls around and blows everything up on us. We run a tier 5 Sith raid and it takes forever, but hey maybe we'll all get some great rewards and it will be worth it. Nope. Nada. Garbage for a huge time sink. No way our guild can go higher than tier 5 unless we have our sights set on a Christmas completion.

So now the real heavy hitters start to leave our guild. While they were fine prior to the Sith raid rolling through Pit and HAAT and the rewards there now it's no longer worth it. So now to not make it as painful for the newer players we drop tiers to something that they can feel like they contribute in as well. After all it's a reasonable strategy. Lower a tier or two so you can complete multiple times in the hope of better gear to make yourself stronger to do higher tiers. I don't expect a lower guild to be able to roll over Heroic Sith or even attempt it, but I do expect that you will get gear suited for all player levels in a guild based on placement/rank to continue advancing.

This morning I woke up and was the 2nd place finisher for our Sith Raid. Do you know what I got? 7 MK2 Beta Gel Prototype Salvage, 1 MK 7 TaggeCo Holo Lens (complete ooohhhh ahhhh) and 10 MK5 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Prototype Salvage. Pretty much garbage to advance any of my team to contribute better or help push us to the next tier. I can only imagine what trash the people below me got and this is probably one of the "better" drops I've gotten in a while. And before you say RNG and you can't look at one raid it is not one raid. It is the same across many raids we have run. i just didn't take the time before to write it down.

So what's the target of this raid? Is it meant to be on par with the other raids? If so I can understand why a tier 3 reward here mirrors a tier 3 reward of say The Pit. But if the reward structure is the same then the effort should be. So I should be able to auto Sith on Tier 3, but I don't want that. No one does. What I want though is a reward commiserate with my effort and time spent and as it relates to the team I have put together to fight the Sith and the effort for that as well. The reward should not only reflect all of that, but should be something that helps advance one and their guild to the next tier. This trash will not.

So what do I do? Leave my guild as well and say too bad newbs. Deal with it on your own. I'm sure that will create a happy and health new player base and isn't beneficial to anyone. So for the love of god pretty please with a cherry on top fix the reward system for the Sith raid. I don't care if you don't have it all sorted out. We have suffered long enough that if you over compensate us we'd all consider it past due. So say here is a temporary patch where we will bump up our drop tables a bit while tinkering with it rather than doing the opposite which is what you have done and in the mean time this raid is becoming less and less worth my tie and effort.

Sorry for the length. TL/DR please help.

Replies

• In my opinion, it's a horrible Raid with horrible rewards.

But it is what it it. There for those that like it, and not for those that don't.
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    I'm with you man. I've posted on this before also. It's creating a rift in the game for sure. They need to hurry up and do something. I liked the last change they did before they rolled it back. But I understand the heroic got nerfed so that didn't work. It was fine for the lower tiers though.
  • ditch your guild.

The game is not meant to have longtime players weaken themselves for weaker players; TB has already proven that months ago.
  • The game is not meant to have longtime players weaken themselves for weaker players...

Thankfully we don't function like this in our Guild. Because we know that a. we were all "weaker" players once and that b. stronger players supporting "weaker" players eventually means even more stronger players in time.

Oh and we also realise that it's a game.

• MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Coastal that's essentially why I'm still doing what I'm doing, but it does get a bit frustrating and boring. I mean I play to have fun and part of the fun is increasing your team power/roster/whatever. I mean you have to have goals and I'm willing to be very relaxed in those goals because this isn't my job and I'm always happy to put the game down in lieu of shooting hoops or something. That being said if I stay stagnant for a long period of time then I'll get bored and move on. If I feel that way and i'm super relaxed I imagine others are less relaxed and either will jump around trying to find a better guild who will kick them because they can't keep up or just quit all together and a game like this needs people at all levels, old and new to sustain it. I would think it would be in their bets interest to address this sooner as opposed to later.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    Coastal that's essentially why I'm still doing what I'm doing, but it does get a bit frustrating and boring. I mean I play to have fun and part of the fun is increasing your team power/roster/whatever. I mean you have to have goals and I'm willing to be very relaxed in those goals because this isn't my job and I'm always happy to put the game down in lieu of shooting hoops or something. That being said if I stay stagnant for a long period of time then I'll get bored and move on. If I feel that way and i'm super relaxed I imagine others are less relaxed and either will jump around trying to find a better guild who will kick them because they can't keep up or just quit all together and a game like this needs people at all levels, old and new to sustain it. I would think it would be in their bets interest to address this sooner as opposed to later.

Oh no, I hear you totally mate, and agree with your original post. My reply was to a later post not made by yourself.

I won't be doing the Sith raid anymore. It's too much dull, plodding work for too few rewards. I'll admit I do think it will cause a rift in my guild. And so presumably others.

But...I'm sure there are people that enjoy it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wow, it's almost as if they said they were (re)reworking the rewards this month, and all we have to do it wait and let them figure out the plan....
  • We recently started a new HAAT and restarted Sith due to a couple of big hitters returning. Been at it nearly a week.

My guild is not the largest but the guys we have (aside from me and one other) hit hard, the HAAT is nearly 2/5s done yet the Sith has barely a sliver missing.......yet the Sith rewards are worse? I can barely get Nihilus protection off before he starts turfing people out. Not much I can do to HAAT with one T6 toon for now and that's Zeb.

Makes perfect sense CG. I mean I'd get more use out the Sith rewards at my stage than most players at the top would but still. It's a long grind.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Yes they said they are reworking it. They said and did it before and rolled it back. My point is while they are working on it they can

a) Nerf rewards so players get frustrated and stop doing the raid all together, quit the guild they're in, quit the game, open a taco bell franchise whatever reasonable or extreme action people, but essentially ignore that fact that people are unhappy with it

or

b) adjust the reward table up and maybe overcompensate people, albeit on a temp basis, to make up for this period of frustration and maybe drum up some interest back into the raid so when they finally fix it there's still a good following and not a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Oh and some how yet again my posts get changed to another folder so it can go and die and no one who hasn't responded already will ever see it. Please tell me what topics are fair game to leave in the General Discussion forum where everyone goes? Only people on a mission go searching around through other forums. I get you want to diversify traffic but it kills conversation. I will be posting this also in the other message that just got moved asking about NS that got moved to strategy for some reason though it has nothing to do with it. It is so frustrating to start posts as they just get moved and die.
  • Possum
    28 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow, it's almost as if they said they were (re)reworking the rewards this month, and all we have to do it wait and let them figure out the plan....

How many weeks are we supposed to wait? Heroic rewards went back to great. The only thing the rest of us hear is “patience”. We’re tired of being patient while we do this worthless raid. The divide between heroic and non-heroic is growing every day.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Possum wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

How many weeks are we supposed to wait? Heroic rewards went back to great. The only thing the rest of us hear is “patience”. We’re tired of being patient while we do this worthless raid. The divide between heroic and non-heroic is growing every day.

even with reworked rewards, the divide would also keep growing every day. We all know that if the difference between heroic and lower tiers gets smaller it's due to heroic rewards being nerfed, not because the other tiers will get buffed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • VA__IG88
    11 posts Member
    I enjoy most aspects of the sith raid. I've got my teams figured out and know the strategies to maximize certain setups. Like any aspect of the game, you get bad RNG and have to try again. The rewards are mediocre (especially if you aren't towards the top) but they're trying to find a good level for that and are going to try another fix this month. AAT raid was so broken when it came out (took my guild a month to finish p1 of normal), this one seems less so (assuming you know what you are doing and have the proper characters).
  • Non heroic is hell and pretty much only worth it for the currency.

Just pick the lowest tier and smash it . Tier 5-6 is not worth doing
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    It's a time dump not worth the effort.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MntMan wrote: »
    Yes they said they are reworking it. They said and did it before and rolled it back. My point is while they are working on it they can

a) Nerf rewards so players get frustrated and stop doing the raid all together, quit the guild they're in, quit the game, open a taco bell franchise whatever reasonable or extreme action people, but essentially ignore that fact that people are unhappy with it

or

b) adjust the reward table up and maybe overcompensate people, albeit on a temp basis, to make up for this period of frustration and maybe drum up some interest back into the raid so when they finally fix it there's still a good following and not a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Oh and some how yet again my posts get changed to another folder so it can go and die and no one who hasn't responded already will ever see it. Please tell me what topics are fair game to leave in the General Discussion forum where everyone goes? Only people on a mission go searching around through other forums. I get you want to diversify traffic but it kills conversation. I will be posting this also in the other message that just got moved asking about NS that got moved to strategy for some reason though it has nothing to do with it. It is so frustrating to start posts as they just get moved and die.

About option "b", the dev team have stated that it is a bad practice and rightfully so that you do not take away rewards. An example of this was the increase of ally coin income during tournaments, they removed tournaments but not the increased income of ally points.

As per the post move, you are discussing the Sith raid and it was moved to the sub forum devoted to the Sith raid..... seems like the correct place to me.

GD is being geared towards posts about new content/releases/dev updates and other topics that may not have a home just yet.
  • The issue is “hope”. Unless you are in an elite Guild you have ZERO chance of ever getting Traya. My GP is 3.8M (2.4M toons and 1.4M ships) but unless I close my current guild and more to an Elite guild I will NEVER see a Traya shard.

Want to fix things, make Traya and full gear available in all levels of the Raid. Perhaps at Levels 1-2 you can earn 1 shard, levels 3-4, maybe 3, levels 5-6, maybe 5, and 10 in Heroic. You need to make players feel like they can get there.

Otherwise people will quit as the only option is to disband Guilds and create elite teams.

Same for gear, help new and average players by giving them gear to mod up toons. Otherwise, the answer is quit or spend.

Please hit LIKE if you agree with any aspect of this and maybe we get the attention of the developers.