Fleet arena: please explain this

AleSahnDroh_1979
950 posts Member
edited May 2018
We well know that fleet arena is totally dependent on random fate....
Please help me to understand why every battle starts with 1-2 enemy attacks even if every single pilot is faster in my team
Example: my FOTP 203 speed goes after enemy's 131 speed..... both g11, both maxed Chimaera/maxed Z Thrawn as leader

Replies

• mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Pilot's own speed doesn't matter, it's the overall power of the ship.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    the best way to make sure your ship is the fastest is (outside of the obvious 7* on pilot(s)/ship)

1 . All gear pieces on that pilot (including g12 pieces if you can get them)
    2. All tier 5 Mods (doesn't matter what they are in this instance)
    3. All Omega/Zetas unlocked on the pilot

These are the things that increase actual power for the ship, no other stats matter (speed, crit dmg, etc.)
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Same story.
    I edited my first post with two examples
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Same story.

Your post was answered.... Has nothing to do with speed of pilot....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pilots speed has nothing to do with ship speed.

That's why. Ship stats can be viewed, and since many ships are equally maxed, it will be a matter of RNG who goes first.

The are some TM mechanics after that point, but that's battle dependent
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Not sure I understand then, show a screen shot of why you think your ships have higher power and are not going first?
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    To try and explain better.

Your fotp 'ship' is not 203 speed. The max speed of an fotp 'ship' is 192. You are looking at your pilot, not your ship. In order to have your ship at max 192 speed your fotp needs to be max gear, all 5 dot mods, max lvl, max abilities.

the speed of your pilot means nothing.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Same story.

Same answer
  • Ok, all right, I was not considering the right stats, but......
    My FO Tie Fighter has 187 speed, the enemy's 186, and his one goes first.
    The capital ship is the same: maxed Chimaera with 152 speed. Both Thrawn are g12 Z (ebb and flow).
    I don't want to be tedious, sorry, probably the real problem is that fleet arena is toooooo RNG dependent.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    it's not rng If a ship is faster. the rng on speed comes into play when both ships are the same speed. then its rng which will go 1st. There must be another factor at play that is happening.

is his fotp actually going 1st at the very beginning of the encounter ? If he happens to have say a maxed fostfp thats faster than 187 and the ai uses his ae, your ships can lose turn meter causing his fotp to then go before yours.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Yeah we need to know each fleet's full opening lineup to explain what's happening. RNG has no role to play when it comes to speed, as far as I know.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If the opening move in the battle is the enemy's FO Tie, which is slower than one of your ships, then yes, that's weird. As far as I know there are no bonus TM in effect from the start of the battle (like Zaul lead i squads).
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    If you have a maxed silencer and reaper you can negate the majority of rng in fleets with the control they offer. They've both saved me from a ton of headaches when it used to be all about tie fighter. Still can get screwed at times, but you can have wayyyy more control on offense
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ships are the worst part of the game. I’d pay EA $100/mo to not have to play that and get #1 rewards. It’s random who goes first assuming same gear/etc, who gets target lock and how many times and how many times TFP dodges. It’s a complete waste of time and not enjoyable
  • Question about ships with more than 1 rider, do they get better combat performance than 1 rider ships?

Currently I am working on Plo, Tano, and Consular. I will have Millenium Falcon with Finn and Rey soon enough. What do these things do in arena when maxed?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Since that problem has been solved, riddle me this.
    How was it I got my entire fleet destroyed in 23 seconds, then fought the same team and destroyed them in 17 seconds?
    Answer: RNG, which REALLY needs to be mitigated in ships (and no, I don't think reducing the starting lineup to 3 will solve anything).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Question about ships with more than 1 rider, do they get better combat performance than 1 rider ships?

Currently I am working on Plo, Tano, and Consular. I will have Millenium Falcon with Finn and Rey soon enough. What do these things do in arena when maxed?

Each pilot gets an ability or passive unique...so the 2 Phoenix ships, having 3 pilots each, have the largest toolbox, giving u more options/passive benefits.

It doesn't necessarily mean those ships r better tho. On offense, it great to have more options. On defense, it more opportunities for the AI to screw it up.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    RNG is a cheating kitten in this game,same teams even when your pilots are better youll lose somehow,its worse than ever now.I also would like to know how my Tie is getting hit/killed through forsight?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Since that problem has been solved, ......

It really hasn't. According to the poster a ship with 186 speed went first even if there was also a ship with 187 in the battle. However, we need more information from the poster to solve it.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    jjkriv wrote: »
    RNG is a big steaming pos cheating pile in this game,same teams even when your pilots are better youll lose somehow,its worse than ever now.I also would like to know how my Tie is getting hit/killed through forsight?

Vader's Tie Advanced hits through foresight.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    RNG is a big steaming pos cheating pile in this game,same teams even when your pilots are better youll lose somehow,its worse than ever now.I also would like to know how my Tie is getting hit/killed through forsight?

Another possibility Boba and fotp have double tap attacks foresight will only stop one hit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    How was it I got my entire fleet destroyed in 23 seconds, then fought the same team and destroyed them in 17 seconds?
    Answer: RNG, which REALLY needs to be mitigated in ships (and no, I don't think reducing the starting lineup to 3 will solve anything).

They have stated they are doing more than just that, so hopefully they have addressed this in other ways.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Another possibility Boba and fotp have double tap attacks foresight will only stop one hit.

Another possibility is Bistan if the TIE was already TL.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

It really hasn't. According to the poster a ship with 186 speed went first even if there was also a ship with 187 in the battle. However, we need more information from the poster to solve it.

FOTF gains TM when an enemy ship with target lock is damaged. Bistan's U-wing passively grants TM whenever a target lock is inflicted. Need more information.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    If I use white five dot mods do I benefit as much as gold five dot mods?
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Random9 wrote: »
    If I use white five dot mods do I benefit as much as gold five dot mods?

As long as they are leveled to level 15 which makes them gold mods then yes the starting color is irrelevant for pilot mods
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

FOTF gains TM when an enemy ship with target lock is damaged. Bistan's U-wing passively grants TM whenever a target lock is inflicted. Need more information.

My point exactly. The problem is not solved as claimed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

but everyone had their chance to complain about rng once again, even the ones that have no clue how the mechanics actually work. So that's win right? ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

but everyone had their chance to complain about rng once again, even the ones that have no clue how the mechanics actually work. So that's win right? ;)

Starts off post with "We well know" but knows as much as Jon Snow which is evident when he doesn't even know which stats to look at lol. ;)
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

They have stated they are doing more than just that, so hopefully they have addressed this in other ways.

Must have missed that. Was it a dev post, or a comment on another discussion?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).