Update to Timezone Change Policy for Extreme Changes Only [Mega]

Replies

  • Great first step. I'm also in camp "remove the payout time" system altogether -but I know it works for some people to, so, IDK.

    @CG_Carrie - I know you guys have you're own plans but if you can come up with some type of DST help - that would really solve a lot. In winter everything works perfect - energy refreshes are at noon, game changes over at midnight, payout is right before dinner. It works.

    But i Summer its all an hour later - so now energy is when I need to work, next day is at 1 pm, etc. It's not really convenient in the least.

    Anyways - without going full tilt on everyone getting a time zone change - a DST fix/help would go a long ways for many of us.

    Thank you!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yeah because it is only the eastern timezone affected by this and not the entire world that has many that observes DST at different times.

    There are actually places around the world that does not participate in DST.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    There are actually places around the world that does not participate in DST.
    And there are places that do. The request is for support for both.

    Yes, DST is a bad idea that makes international anything a royal pain, but it's there nonetheless.
    Still not a he.
  • @CG_Carrie is this live? Tried contacting support but they are saying it's not possible?

  • @
    leeeekiat wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie is this live? Tried contacting support but they are saying it's not possible?

    Yeah they are saying the same thing to me aswell
  • @
    leeeekiat wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie is this live? Tried contacting support but they are saying it's not possible?

    Yeah they are saying the same thing to me aswell

    I sent them the link to this forum page and has now has been forwarded to a "specialist" , guessing should be ok now
  • Spang
    284 posts Member
    Dabro112 wrote: »
    This is why shard chats should not be allowed he is protected though not active and active players are penalized. Great system.

    and this is why shard groups need to be destroyed. " they help me stay in #2 by defending me." its not a group fight, its one on one. yes it happens in the hour i START work so it benfits me in no way either way it goes but THIS shard grouping cowardice has got to stop!

    I guess you both say that, 'coz you're not in your shard chat. The grape is sour, right?


    Anyway, I only have one question regarding this @CG_Carrie
    Who thought that putting payout times at one of the busiest parts of the day is a brilliant idea in the first place, and WHY did you others agree with that? (Well, I know that technically these are 2 questions, but I'm not really interested in the WHO part, only interested in the WHY part.) My only guess that this is another artificial restriction in order to people get fewer free stuff.
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    Why is anything in a mobile game tied to playing at very specific times during the day? That totally fails when people have different work or school schedules and cannot log in at the right times to do events or collect rewards or compete for the top spots in arena. Maybe that design philosophy needs to be challenged instead of applying a band-aid of letting you pick the times.
  • This will definitely benefit a few people who've made long moves since launch - it's not perfect, but what is?

    I did go from a day shift to a night shift at my work, so the effect on me was more or less the same as long move - but no actual move, so no love for me. I'm lucky to have a rather casual guild, I suppose.
  • TigCarn
    34 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie I haven't changed time zones but last Sept my work schedule changed by 13hrs leaving my payout time in the middle of the night for me considering the time I get off and/or start work. Is there nothing that can be done with this not fitting the "moved timezones" narrative? This would be a huge QoL change.
  • CaptainRex
    2838 posts Member
    Is there any legitimate reason to not change rewards to a system like this?

    From a business side, yes, which is why it will probably never be changed. Doing so would result in a net increase of crystals for everybody.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Crystals cost them nothing. Arena crystals aren't directly reducing purchased crystals. Arena payouts are set such as they are so that every potential value you could win is acceptable for the ingame economy.
    Still not a he.
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Is there any legitimate reason to not change rewards to a system like this?

    From a business side, yes, which is why it will probably never be changed. Doing so would result in a net increase of crystals for everybody.

    Did I miss a business analysis from CG that states that if they did any change to arena payout it would reduce revenue? I'm only asking because this type of argument, the same that @Kyno makes, is purely speculation. (Please note, I'm not trolling, this isn't a snarky attack question, I apologize if it reads that way.)

    Quite frankly, you have zero proof to make this assertion other than speculating that the extra crystals for a very small percentage of people: the top 50 is literally the top 0.005% of a shard. Yes, that's 5 thousandths of a percent.

    It's highly unlikely that anyone outside of the top 50 is going to fight to #1 with a "dynamic" payout based on a person's best rank in 24 hours.

    Furthermore, only the top 27 can reach #1 ranking without a refresh. That's the top 0.0027%. 27 people. Anyone outside the top 27 it requires them to spend crystals to get to #1.

    Frankly, I don't know if all shards as cool as my shard, but this type of change would do near zero to alter the amount of crystals flowing into the economy because they get #1 in their payouts and the ones that have many people rotate 1-2-3 daily, which is 100 crystal difference.

    I just don't see how, if you look at the top 27, introducing an extra 100-200 crystals for such a low percentage of people is going to "damage the economy" of a game. Perhaps it's more of an ego and prestige thing.

    Bottom line, why do you personally care if someone else gets 100 more crystals than they did yesterday if it doesn't impact you =p?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    xeynx wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Is there any legitimate reason to not change rewards to a system like this?

    From a business side, yes, which is why it will probably never be changed. Doing so would result in a net increase of crystals for everybody.

    Did I miss a business analysis from CG that states that if they did any change to arena payout it would reduce revenue? I'm only asking because this type of argument, the same that Kyno makes, is purely speculation.

    Quite frankly, you have zero proof to make this assertion other than speculating that the extra crystals for a very small percentage of people: the top 50 is literally the top 0.005% of a shard. Yes, that's 5 thousandths of a percent.

    It's highly unlikely that anyone outside of the top 50 is going to fight to #1 with a "dynamic" payout based on a person's best rank in 24 hours.

    Furthermore, only the top 27 can reach #1 ranking without a refresh. That's the top 0.0027%. 27 people. Anyone outside the top 27 it requires them to spend crystals to get to #1.

    Frankly, I don't know if all shards as cool as my shard, but this type of change would do near zero to alter the amount of crystals flowing into the economy because they get #1 in their payouts and the ones that have many people rotate 1-2-3 daily, which is 100 crystal difference.

    I just don't see how, if you look at the top 27, introducing an extra 100-200 crystals for such a low percentage of people is going to "damage the economy" of a game. Perhaps it's more of an ego and prestige thing.

    Bottom line, why do you personally care if someone else gets 100 more crystals than they did yesterday if it doesn't impact you =p?

    Of course it's in part speculation, but unless a shard has someone taking 1st every hour, then allowing a group to spread themselves out over more hours that are not covered, will absolutely increase the crystals going out from arena. do I think this will break the economy?no.

    But you cant tell me that more people taking 1,2,3 each day doesn't increase the amount of crystals being played out, it's not speculation. That's just math.

    They have also stated they think that a dynamic PO is not competitive and they are not going to rework arena to a system like this.
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Of course it's in part speculation, but unless a shard has someone taking 1st every hour, then allowing a group to spread themselves out over more hours that are not covered, will absolutely increase the crystals going out from arena. do I think this will break the economy?no.

    But you cant tell me that more people taking 1,2,3 each day doesn't increase the amount of crystals being played out, it's not speculation. That's just math.

    They have also stated they think that a dynamic PO is not competitive and they are not going to rework arena to a system like this.

    That's where we get into the question of competitive from the arena feedback threads. How are shard chats, collusion, etc, truly competitive. Especially when they do stuff like weaken their teams to help the rotation =p.

    I agree there would be more into the economy, the question is, how much more really, and whether it would actually impact their revenue stream. I'm not sure it would, but, that's just speculation.

    I think the true problem is how much weight the arenas have. People say, well you don't have to focus on arenas. There's TB, TW, events, raids, etc. Except the fact that the "best" crystal generation (outside of spending real world dollars) are the arenas. So, sure, you don't need to do well in the arena, but good luck on advancement without crystals for refreshes, speed up gear acquirement, etc. It already takes years. We don't really need it to take a decade to be successful in the long term =p.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    xeynx wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Of course it's in part speculation, but unless a shard has someone taking 1st every hour, then allowing a group to spread themselves out over more hours that are not covered, will absolutely increase the crystals going out from arena. do I think this will break the economy?no.

    But you cant tell me that more people taking 1,2,3 each day doesn't increase the amount of crystals being played out, it's not speculation. That's just math.

    They have also stated they think that a dynamic PO is not competitive and they are not going to rework arena to a system like this.

    That's where we get into the question of competitive from the arena feedback threads. How are shard chats, collusion, etc, truly competitive. Especially when they do stuff like weaken their teams to help the rotation =p.

    That is 100% not competing, I agree, but again not all shards do that.

    Other than that, people in chats have to do the same as we all do which is beat other players teams. That is competition.
  • TVF
    31969 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Crystals cost them nothing.

    Untrue from the standpoint that the less crystals people have, the more certain people will buy, so it costs them money when they give out more crystals.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Untrue from the standpoint that the less crystals people have, the more certain people will buy, so it costs them money when they give out more crystals.
    I'm aware of that interpretation, but that is an oversimplification to the point where I'd say it's inaccurate so long as the overall economy remains intact.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    31969 posts Member
    I guess we just disagree how much arena crystals affect the overall economy. In truth neither of us really knows.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pure speculation, but I would guess that it’s not about the extra crystals, but more about changes to arena being the tipping point that make people quit. I would guess that there is a correlation between spending and arena rank. If changing up arena experience makes top players quit, then that affects revenue. That’s why CG is (wisely) addressing the issue of timezones and payouts in small, incremental changes.

    So glad that the community is expressing their frustrations over payout times, collusion, and uneven distribution of timezones in shards. Keep up the constructive comments, love the discussions going on in this and other threads.
  • Has anyone successfully got their time zone updated? Been missing my cantina energy refresh at 2:00 am for the last year. Im awaiting a specialist to email me now.
  • I raised a support request (case number 41279601) as per the post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/168546/update-to-timezone-change-policy-for-extreme-changes-only, but was told it couldn’t be updated.

    Can anyone advise why or if anything can be done? Whilst only an hour out this is highly inconvienient. :(
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Sorry dude, they won't change people's payout times, that's more crystals for us and therefore less money spent. I disagree with this policy but I'm just telling you that it won't happen
  • Very frustrating. I live with my brother, and we are always collecting an hour apart. I raised this with support a year ago and was told no, had hoped with this new announcement they may have been a little more flexible.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Very frustrating. I live with my brother, and we are always collecting an hour apart. I raised this with support a year ago and was told no, had hoped with this new announcement they may have been a little more flexible.

    I can understand that, I usually drive home from work during payout hours and unfortunately I'm forced to play while driving which is dangerous for me and others but I don't have a choice. The other day I was at a dinner with my mom for mother's day and I did a couple battles which is awful but as a f2p I depend alot on those payouts
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    PeteSolo wrote: »

    I can understand that, I usually drive home from work during payout hours and unfortunately I'm forced to play while driving which is dangerous for me and others but I don't have a choice. The other day I was at a dinner with my mom for mother's day and I did a couple battles which is awful but as a f2p I depend alot on those payouts

    So you are forced to play a game on your phone while driving home from work? I assume since you are driving home from work you are an adult. And therefore capable of making adult decisions. Playing this game while driving is so far from an adult decision it's amazing. So you are willing to risk your life and the lives of others to earn some crystals? Maybe you need a break from the game. I am amazed how much people love their phones and are willing to possibly die or kill others to use them.

    Gotta say, this is deadly on point right here. Kudos @xanderxman
  • TVF
    31969 posts Member
    "I don't have a choice."

    What?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    Very frustrating. I live with my brother, and we are always collecting an hour apart. I raised this with support a year ago and was told no, had hoped with this new announcement they may have been a little more flexible.

    I can understand that, I usually drive home from work during payout hours and unfortunately I'm forced to play while driving which is dangerous for me and others but I don't have a choice. The other day I was at a dinner with my mom for mother's day and I did a couple battles which is awful but as a f2p I depend alot on those payouts

    You absolutely have a choice. See all those big Megan’s Law signs on the Freeways that say “don’t text and drive”, that applies to gaming as well. Those pretty red and blue lights in your rear view mirror won’t give a whomp rats red rear that you “had” to collect energy either. Sign this, press hard it’s 4 copies.
Sign In or Register to comment.