Vets are Cantina 8, they don't have to suck...

PeteSolo
173 posts Member
Honestly folks I don't get that. Sure the vets were only brought to the game to make people farm them for Rey however they are cantina node 8 and they cost ALOT of energy to farm them. There's no reason why they have to be bad in the game. I'm sure they could have a place in a raid or something that's going to make them worth gearing and using.

All characters in Cantina 8 have a purpose, Sith trooper is meta in arena, assassin isn't exactly the best character at the moment but she has alot of potential, she's a strong attacker and possibly a counter to Traya since she can penetrate protection. Deathtrooper is a monster in the Sith raid and a pilot to one of the best ships in the game and Gar Saxon and commando are also pilots to a very good ship.

The vets are just plain useless outside of the Rey event, I honestly don't see a reason why that has to be the case.

Replies

• PeteSolo wrote: »
    The vets are just plain useless outside of the Rey event, I honestly don't see a reason why that has to be the case.

Because there has to be a cost and a struggle to get who is arguably the best character in the game to date?

Because there has to be a cost and a struggle to get who is arguably the best character in the game to date?

Are you talking about Rey or Traya?

Are you talking about Rey or Traya?

Both, you need vets to get Rey to get Traya
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    I agree with OP. Having toons in the game who are purely there as a stepping stone to other toons and who have no use of their own seems like an artificial barrier, it would be nice to see more use for them.

In an ideal world every toon would be good somewhere in the game (posting 0s in raids doesn't count!), but there are a lot of them and I can see how it would be difficult to keep a balance across the whole roster.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    So RG who also is on a 16 Cantina nodes should be a god?

Honestly, Vets are not that bad, they lack a good leader to make them shine (the new Han Solo?)
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Or just give them the resistance tag at least to Chewie.
  • Having toons in the game who are purely there as a stepping stone to other toons and who have no use of their own seems like an artificial barrier...

Nothing artificial about it, it is a barrier!

The nature of a game is a pursuit that has barriers which one must overcome.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Are they really that bad though?
    i'm reasonably sure they're not suited for top tier arena, but neither are the overwhelming majority of the other toons. I'm however curious if there isn't someone who actually geared them and made them work in a raid for example.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I did read of them being usable, presumably in a Raid I believe. I think Vet Chewie hits pretty hard. That's as much as I know.

(Pointless post #523)
  • Not having the resistance tag for seemingly no reason is probably holding them back too
  • Just reading over their kits they seem like they should be pretty **** good
  • Veteran Han will be awesome when I run my all Han Solo team. You know, just to say I did that.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    Having toons in the game who are purely there as a stepping stone to other toons and who have no use of their own seems like an artificial barrier...

Then they should use generic toons and not main characters for that purpose.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Having toons in the game who are purely there as a stepping stone to other toons and who have no use of their own seems like an artificial barrier...

Then they should use generic toons and not main characters for that purpose.

Especially Chewbacca who's still alive and well and he's basically at this point a partner with Rey and a main character for the franchise