Need help with my droid Arena Team

Hey guys,
i'm currently Lvl 50 running a full DPS droid team in Arena. Atm i'm using Poggle, HK-47, IG-88, IG-86 and resistance pilot, which for the moment is just working fine for me (Top100 without investing). But i was wondering if there is a better choice for resistance pilot (cause obviously he's a little bit off in that team). I recently got IG-100. Is he a viable option for a full DPS droid team? Cause he looks more like a tank with some control ability.

I'm happy about any suggestions and/or help!

Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.

Fresh Dumbledore (straight from the underground)

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Was just discussing this on another thread.

Personally I want Lobot for my droid team I'll be building slowly, but he will be very slow going with only two hard missions to farm shards from. I would still be doing this for the long term as we know we'll be getting some driods like C3PO and R2 etc.

I don't think there's much known about IG-100 at end game, personally I think his abilities synergise very well with the team, and if he turns out to be fast that would be very fortunate. He's no tank by the way. As described he is a counter to "Jedi tanks" - whatever that means lol.

Asside from that without particular synergy I think Luminara or Sidous would be better options to tie pilot, unless he was 7★
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I was just about to make a forum post about a Droid based arena team.

Currently, I was thinking that this setup may work very well:

HK-47 leader
    IG-86
    IG-88 or IG-100
    Poggle the Lesser
    Luminara or Barris (or another character that can heal).

HK's leader ability makes the Droid's extremely strong. Poggle's ability gives everyone offense up and Droid's speed up. So that would be three Droid's with speed up. IG-86's normal attack would be a 100% critical chance I believe. With offense up, that would hit like a truck consistently. Luminara has a decent heal and her ability hits very hard. If you can attack fast, you can wipe out key members of the other teams fast.

The downside of this team is that IG-86 and IG-88 are fairly squishy. Not sure about IG-100 yet, I haven't unlocked him.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions.
  • I use hk47 as leader,poggle,ig88,ig86, and lobot. Lobot is such an awesome pick when it comes to the new Vader "dot" teams people are making. He cancels the debufs as well as heals your team.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Dextor_518 wrote: »
    I use hk47 as leader,poggle,ig88,ig86, and lobot. Lobot is such an awesome pick when it comes to the new Vader "dot" teams people are making. He cancels the debufs as well as heals your team.
    Have you tried with Lobot leading, if so how does the squad go?
  • My ig100 is currently at 3*, going to be 4* soon. I used most of my cantina energy on farming him. It cumulates pretty fast. I can tell you that his aoe is very valuable. It does decent damage, but the best part is it removes opponents turn meter and thus gives your whole team more turns. I think in the long run he will be much more important than ig86 in the team since I believe aoe is better than single target. Ig100 is not a tank, but he is tougher than 86.
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader
    88, 100, the lesser, dathcha
    Why dathcha? Huge aoe, amazing speed, he will make his first move right after the lesser buffer up

• Ser_Phoenix
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My ig100 is currently at 3*, going to be 4* soon. I used most of my cantina energy on farming him. It cumulates pretty fast. I can tell you that his aoe is very valuable. It does decent damage, but the best part is it removes opponents turn meter and thus gives your whole team more turns. I think in the long run he will be much more important than ig86 in the team since I believe aoe is better than single target. Ig100 is not a tank, but he is tougher than 86.
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader
    Why dathcha? Huge aoe, amazing speed, he will make his first move right after the lesser buffer up

I have IG-100 at 4 stars and am finding he is a pain to get gear for, for little reward. I almost have him at gear vii now so hopefully he'll improve then. He gets a very nice bump in damage at 4* (hit like a wet noodle prior to that), but is still pretty squishy. It should be noted that he is a support unit, not a tank, so doesn't really stand up to hits any better than 86 (who actually has awesome HP compared to 88, who is a true glass cannon). Seems to be an issue with his offense down ability though, it gets resisted EVERY time he crits. Working on 5 stars (he should be pretty darn good at that point) but shard drop have been horrendous for me. Have 11 shards after a week of farming, it really needs to be improved. Overall he is useful - but not nearly as good as IG-86, who can one-shot pretty much anything when his special crits (which is most of the time). IG-100 would be 10x better if his speed wasn't so horrible, which really doesn't fit well with the droid team OR his abilities.
  • My ig100 is currently at 3*, going to be 4* soon. I used most of my cantina energy on farming him. It cumulates pretty fast. I can tell you that his aoe is very valuable. It does decent damage, but the best part is it removes opponents turn meter and thus gives your whole team more turns. I think in the long run he will be much more important than ig86 in the team since I believe aoe is better than single target. Ig100 is not a tank, but he is tougher than 86.
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader

I have IG-100 at 4 stars and am finding he is a pain to get gear for, for little reward. I almost have him at gear vii now so hopefully he'll improve then. He gets a very nice bump in damage at 4* (hit like a wet noodle prior to that), but is still pretty squishy. It should be noted that he is a support unit, not a tank, so doesn't really stand up to hits any better than 86 (who actually has awesome HP compared to 88, who is a true glass cannon). Seems to be an issue with his offense down ability though, it gets resisted EVERY time he crits. Working on 5 stars (he should be pretty darn good at that point) but shard drop have been horrendous for me. Have 11 shards after a week of farming, it really needs to be improved. Overall he is useful - but not nearly as good as IG-86, who can one-shot pretty much anything when his special crits (which is most of the time). IG-100 would be 10x better if his speed wasn't so horrible, which really doesn't fit well with the droid team OR his abilities.

I agree with most of ur points. I also have him near gear 7. What a grind,lol. Glad to see a fellow player share the same interest for this rarely used character. His drop rate is about 35% for me, I can get 7 shards a day. i hope ur luck improves.

Ig 100 does have a few weaknesses, the speed and low health, But I think his ability to take away enemy meter will be so much more important than 86s firepower especially in the endgame where everyone has so much health in the pvp mode. That's why I rather have dathcha than 86. I would keep 100 on the team and with poggles buff the speed won't be that much of an issue hopefully. I'm 2 days away from unlocking poggle, but right now even without him my droid team is kicking butt, can't wait to see what they can do with poggle lol
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader

I agree with most of ur points. I also have him near gear 7. What a grind,lol. Glad to see a fellow player share the same interest for this rarely used character. His drop rate is about 35% for me, I can get 7 shards a day. i hope ur luck improves.

Ig 100 does have a few weaknesses, the speed and low health, But I think his ability to take away enemy meter will be so much more important than 86s firepower especially in the endgame where everyone has so much health in the pvp mode. That's why I rather have dathcha than 86. I would keep 100 on the team and with poggles buff the speed won't be that much of an issue hopefully. I'm 2 days away from unlocking poggle, but right now even without him my droid team is kicking butt, can't wait to see what they can do with poggle lol

I think Poggle with IG-100 is pretty much perfect synergy. Thats exactly where IG-100 will shine. I don't have Poggle and don't plan to though tbh, because I just don't like him lol. 7 shards a day sounds like bliss, haha. Lobot would also be a great compliment for IG-100. As for 86, well I find his health to be enough to keep him around for a while, which means several attacks before he dies (if he dies at all). Several attacks from 86 and most of the opposing team is gone - he really does hit hard. OHKO on pretty much anything of similar gear/level with his special. I only wish he could dish out a debuff of some kind so he would syngergise more with 88. Especially when half his gear adds potency for some reason lol.
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader

I think Poggle with IG-100 is pretty much perfect synergy. Thats exactly where IG-100 will shine. I don't have Poggle and don't plan to though tbh, because I just don't like him lol. 7 shards a day sounds like bliss, haha. Lobot would also be a great compliment for IG-100. As for 86, well I find his health to be enough to keep him around for a while, which means several attacks before he dies (if he dies at all). Several attacks from 86 and most of the opposing team is gone - he really does hit hard. OHKO on pretty much anything of similar gear/level with his special. I only wish he could dish out a debuff of some kind so he would syngergise more with 88. Especially when half his gear adds potency for some reason lol.

Too bad you don't like poggle, lol, he is probably the best fit for droid team and easily farmable. Lobot is an interesting choice, I won't try him though because he is difficult to farm but please let me know how that works out. 86 has done very well for me until I run into some serious opponents recently. My server is very tough, a lot of big spenders. So my 86 firepower isn't as useful as it used to be. I kinda gave up on him now. About the debuff with 88, I was thinking about Vader or dathcha. I heard dathcha is good in the endgame. I am going to try him first. Start farming dathcha tomorrow
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader

Too bad you don't like poggle, lol, he is probably the best fit for droid team and easily farmable. Lobot is an interesting choice, I won't try him though because he is difficult to farm but please let me know how that works out. 86 has done very well for me until I run into some serious opponents recently. My server is very tough, a lot of big spenders. So my 86 firepower isn't as useful as it used to be. I kinda gave up on him now. About the debuff with 88, I was thinking about Vader or dathcha. I heard dathcha is good in the endgame. I am going to try him first. Start farming dathcha tomorrow

Yes Poggle is ideal for a droid team, so its unfortunate but hey it's my own choice haha, and Lobot I won't get due to the farming issue. Datcha was extremely popular before aoe damage got reduced, I imagine less so now. Still definitely a solid character though, great firepower - will also give an edge if you come up against other droid teams. I'll fill the hole in my squad with fives/Dooku until they release more droids! Which will be very soon I'm guessing. Vader is also appealing but he'll be stuck at 4* for a loooong time by the looks of it. I can imagine an empire team being pretty fierce once he becomes more available though.
  • Grievous whenever he comes into the game will be the character that ig-100 is trying to be now as an anti jedi aoe attacker!
  • FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Grievous whenever he comes into the game will be the character that ig-100 is trying to be now as an anti jedi aoe attacker!

Grievous is definitely one a lot of us are waiting for. I have to wonder if he'll be considered a droid for gameplay purposes. There's a lot of cool droids I'm eager to get my hands on when they're released. I will have a droid army!
  • I have Ig100 at 7* and he is average. If it wasnt for droid synergy he would not see a place in any line up. Having said that, the synergy is good and the turn meter reduction with so many jedi teams is important because ultimately a droid team needs to kill fast and take minimum damage.

I tried lobot but he is subpar compared to poggle for a few reasons;

1. The leader/speed buff does not come even close to poggle buff plus HK leader bonus.
    2. His contribution to DPS is negligible. Droid team is all about the damage.
    3. His dispel doesnt remove healing debuff. Almost makes it worthless.
  • Trilbo wrote: »
    I have Ig100 at 7* and he is average. If it wasnt for droid synergy he would not see a place in any line up. Having said that, the synergy is good and the turn meter reduction with so many jedi teams is important because ultimately a droid team needs to kill fast and take minimum damage.

1. The leader/speed buff does not come even close to poggle buff plus HK leader bonus.

Great stuff, thx.

What's ur opinion about a good droid team though, which 5 members would you have?

Thx for ur input, much appreciated
    My ideal droid team
    Hk47 leader

Yes Poggle is ideal for a droid team, so its unfortunate but hey it's my own choice haha, and Lobot I won't get due to the farming issue. Datcha was extremely popular before aoe damage got reduced, I imagine less so now. Still definitely a solid character though, great firepower - will also give an edge if you come up against other droid teams. I'll fill the hole in my squad with fives/Dooku until they release more droids! Which will be very soon I'm guessing. Vader is also appealing but he'll be stuck at 4* for a loooong time by the looks of it. I can imagine an empire team being pretty fierce once he becomes more available though.

I love fives too, I just cant find the right team for him to sync with though

Where do you think he fits the best?

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Trilbo wrote: »
    I have Ig100 at 7* and he is average. If it wasnt for droid synergy he would not see a place in any line up. Having said that, the synergy is good and the turn meter reduction with so many jedi teams is important because ultimately a droid team needs to kill fast and take minimum damage.

Awesome. Thanks.
  • Trilbo wrote: »

That 3rd point is pretty important considering that the dispel is also supposed to heal. Otherwise I was thinking Lobot's leadership speed buff, paired with Poggle's ability, could be devastating.

It also seems that point 3 doesn't matter because there's no room for healer anyhow, unless you use Luminara instead of IG-100. Not a bad choice if IG-88 could survive the return barrage.
  • @Metschina123 Ig-86,88,100*or dooku for jedi healer team lockdown), poggle, Hk-47. I don't really like 100 at all. I have him at 4 star and he isn't really cutting it besides the droid synergy stuff. Hopefully a new droid is seen in this upcoming patch
  • Kabbage wrote: »
    Trilbo wrote: »

That 3rd point is pretty important considering that the dispel is also supposed to heal. Otherwise I was thinking Lobot's leadership speed buff, paired with Poggle's ability, could be devastating.

It also seems that point 3 doesn't matter because there's no room for healer anyhow, unless you use Luminara instead of IG-100. Not a bad choice if IG-88 could survive the return barrage.

Exactly. Dark side droids aren't about healing/survivability, they're a battering ram and to hell with the boiling oil.

Lobot's dispel is probably bugged, and we will see some light side droids that are better suited to work with him.