The Sith raid

Rhunne
624 posts Member
edited May 2018
The curse of the sith raid strikes again. I Know I know, it's been said before and I'm sure it will be said again. This raid is single handedly destroying this game.

Now before all the keyboard warriors get here, I'm all for a challenge, I completely agree that the heroics; whether it be pit, aat or sith, require specific toons and teams to beat the raid (jtr, death trooper etc).. But when t4-t6 sith raid become massive chore because 3/4 of the guild don't have them, it greatly reduces moral.

As of this morning, my guild at 111mill gp is likely in the process of disbanding. Why? Sith raid. The three leaders have opted to leave to another guild where they have heroic sith on farm, and I really don't blame them. We are stuck and stagnant on t4-t5 because no one wants to do the sith raid. It is boring, the raid rewards (aside from guild currency) arnt worth any effort at all. Hell even hitting auto feels like a chore. We are constantly maxed out on tickets. It is a flop and a fail in my opinion.

I use it to test teams, an no I don't have jtr yet or death trooper (that vet grind is the worst man).. So it's not an option for me.

Something needs to be done about this raid. Realistically it should be temporally removed and retested/designed (I really hope whoever designed p1 gets slapped across the face with a trout)....

Just my opinion anyways.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Non heroic tiers of STR should have all hp reduced by 50% just like what they did to normal aat. Garbage rewards warrant garbage efforts anyway. I don’t recall how long CG waited until they nerfed normal aat. I wouldn’t be surprised if the nerf to STR (non heroic) comes in the next month.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi there.

Can i just say this without being called key board warrior.

I dont have the right teams for the sith raid. I have 3 gear 12 and 5 or 6 gear 11 characters. My gp is 1.1 million. I am the lowest gp player in a 95 million gp guild. I am in a guild doing tier 5 sith raid and i am top 25 in my guild in sith raid tier 5.

In my last guild i was consistently top 15 in a 90 million gp guild doing tier 4.

Whats my secret? I log on and do 5 runs a day.

I use these teams no matter what the phase because i only have some many moderately built characters.

ZPalpatine empire
    Phoenix
    First order
    Cls r2d2 raid han wiggs
    Bobba and a mishmash

Run through your damage list and ask yourself honestly how many your guild are running 5 runs a day and how many just do one or two runs on one day and say they contributed.

The non heroic versions are designed for 50 people to chip away at each phase for a day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are (re)reworking the rewards to address some of this, but as far as guilds disbanding and people leaving for the new and shiny, this is not their fault. This happens every time a new raid is launched and any other guild content.

I'm pretty sure they have no intention to pull the raid and redesign anything. There is "nothing wrong" with the raid, it designed to be current end game content. This means difficult and that there will be players that cant do it.
  • There is no reason to nerf the sith raid. They had to nerf the tank because there was only 2 levels. If your guild is stuck on certain level then you need to be doing a lower level.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    ^Agree.
    Naraic wrote: »
    The non heroic versions are designed for 50 people to chip away at each phase for a day.

Disagree. We do T4 in two days. We get the first three phases done in 12 hours (over two sessions) and P4 takes a little longer. Many of us have built up teams that work in multiple phases (not just "best team by GP, but tailored to the phase"), and we're steadily progressing towards T5. We tried T5 a few weeks back and it took six days. We weren't ready for it, so we went back to T4 until we are ready.

If the raid is taking you more than two or three days max, you're up too high. Go down a tier.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    c1ever_pun wrote: »
    There is no reason to nerf the sith raid. They had to nerf the tank because there was only 2 levels. If your guild is stuck on certain level then you need to be doing a lower level.

By no means am I saying nerf.. Just a rework and or better testing is all. T1-6 shouldn't be a marathon that takes some guilds days if not a week to accomplish.

By your logic, my guild which has multiple members who can darn near solo haat but are struggling hard doing t5 sith, your saying go to t4.. Which normally I would agree with, but then those members who are the stronger ones no longer feel inclined to participate as the effort greatly out weighs the reward.

Except going to a lower level will decrease the effort required, so the rewards will be commensurate with the effort. And if you go to a level that you can actually beat regularly your rewards will increase.
    And your comparison between the haat raid and this sith raid is irrelevent. They require completely different squads. If your guild has failed to realise this, then that probably has more to do with your struggles than game play design
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    c1ever_pun wrote: »
    There is no reason to nerf the sith raid. They had to nerf the tank because there was only 2 levels. If your guild is stuck on certain level then you need to be doing a lower level.

By no means am I saying nerf.. Just a rework and or better testing is all. T1-6 shouldn't be a marathon that takes some guilds days if not a week to accomplish.

By your logic, my guild which has multiple members who can darn near solo haat but are struggling hard doing t5 sith, your saying go to t4.. Which normally I would agree with, but then those members who are the stronger ones no longer feel inclined to participate as the effort greatly out weighs the reward.

Just because you can solo HAAT doesn’t mean anything, just means they have teams built for it.

I can’t solo HAAT but I can do 3-5mill on HSTR because I have teams built for it (none of which are jtr) which will add another few mill to that score when she rolls around.

Just like 90% of this game it’s team composition. I miss out on 2 zeta mats each month because I don’t have murder bears but that was my choice not to work on them.

If everyone had amazing rewards and Treya (one in my shard does) then having her would be pointless.

I agree the imploding of guilds sucks but it will consolidate the best of them and instead of a nerf we are going to see gear 13 lvl90 and 60 member guilds as soon as 30%+ guilds have treya, is my guess and it will just be a power creep like when lvl 85 gear 12 happened.