Light side stage 9 hard mode advice

Wardai
252 posts Member
I just hit lvl 82 and am struggling with 3* the hard nodes, I’ve got a cls/jtr in my allies. I would also like to do this without taking away from my farming plan (cls) and without moving my arena mods (highly preferable will move if really needed).

Advice I’ve gotten so far is resistance is really good, but this would probably require me to divert from my farming plan.

I’m looking at just having 9B (shore) done but thought might as well get advice on the whole stage.

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Are you on swgoh.gg if you are you should post a link to your account much easier to give advice if we know what you are working with, if you're not you should sign up and get synced
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Didn't it pop up, sorry was on mobile and got it as my signiture. Here it is

https://swgoh.gg/u/wardai750/collection/
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    9B is one of the toughest nodes in the game. I did it with Wedge, Biggs, Lando and two others, can't remember who, feels like an age ago. Borrowed a CLS to finally three star it.

Think you will struggle below gear IX and very good mods regardless of squad, resistance being the most capable at lower gear levels.

Wedge and biggs are worth starring and gearing, and your R2 is almost there. Maybe go Wiggs, R2, ST Han, Ezra and borrow a CLS?
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Wedge was going to be a goal after I get my fleet up was going to side farm him only through fleet, if it's that tough I'll go for him after I get old ben up then. Would 4 star do the trick or does he need to be higher?
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Well then I'll buy up old ben in whatever guild shipment then to get him up quick, and keep doing my cantina refreshes so I can go for wedge. CLS > Shore priority wise
  • I wasn't able to beat these at 3* until I could borrow a CLS from someone. I don't think your Phoenix will be able to do it until at least level 85 and G9, probably G10.

Wedge, Biggs, R2, STH and Old Ben would be your best bet, I think, with the CLS add from allies.

OR, you could get an ally to set Sabine as their arena squad leader (if they have a stout Sabine, I am guessing you won't have a G12 with zeta). Then under Hera lead you will have all 6 phoenix members creating some good synergy. That is just a thought; I have not tried that out.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Might go for the r2/wiggs/st Han, but based on the above comment really need the stars on wedge which I can’t justify right now over cls farm. Old Ben is 12/85 and if I keep buying shards should be done in a week or 2 then I can go for wedge. I’ll start leveling up abilities anyway on them.
    I wasn't able to beat these at 3* until I could borrow a CLS from someone. I don't think your Phoenix will be able to do it until at least level 85 and G9, probably G10.

Wedge, Biggs, R2, STH and Old Ben would be your best bet, I think, with the CLS add from allies.

OR, you could get an ally to set Sabine as their arena squad leader (if they have a stout Sabine, I am guessing you won't have a G12 with zeta). Then under Hera lead you will have all 6 phoenix members creating some good synergy. That is just a thought; I have not tried that out.

Just starting to get some g9 but none of them are Phoenix, they are all sitting at g8 with about 3/4 mods on average.

Edit: instead of wiggs could i look at a leia/Ezra, or is wedge lead too important to miss?
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Phoenix can beat it (with borrowed CLS) if they’re geared and modded for Thrawn
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Phoenix can beat it (with borrowed CLS) if they’re geared and modded for Thrawn

Bingo. I borrowed a CLS and did it with my phoenix team (which are G8/9/10 and level 82 at the time).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    My advice is to find a really maxed gear 12 three pieces three zetas well modded cls and you should manage it with your phoenix.
  • Wardai wrote: »
    Might go for the r2/wiggs/st Han, but based on the above comment really need the stars on wedge which I can’t justify right now over cls farm. Old Ben is 12/85 and if I keep buying shards should be done in a week or 2 then I can go for wedge. I’ll start leveling up abilities anyway on them.
    I wasn't able to beat these at 3* until I could borrow a CLS from someone. I don't think your Phoenix will be able to do it until at least level 85 and G9, probably G10.

Just starting to get some g9 but none of them are Phoenix, they are all sitting at g8 with about 3/4 mods on average.

Edit: instead of wiggs could i look at a leia/Ezra, or is wedge lead too important to miss?
    173 shards in two weeks?

You can send me an ally invite if you want to give it a go with your current team.

• I did it my first go with my G8 Phoenix team--I think I leveled Chopper up to get his unique--and my guild leader's gold CLS. Slap some good mods on your Phoenix team and borrow a good CLS/Kenobi/JTR. I'd offer mine, but I doubt my G10 CLS--even with his IBAT zeta--is enough to help carry you through that node (I could put my fastest mods on him if you were desperate enough to try mine).
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'll try moving arena mods (really wanted to avoid this) and I'll try again on phoenix.
    Just attempted the above, did well until wave 3 and got crushed. Kanan entered without about half health and dropped after two lots of aoe. I am missing choppers/ezras unique atm but don't want to put omegas there instead of into my arena team.
    Wardai wrote: »

173 shards in two weeks?

You can send me an ally invite if you want to give it a go with your current team.

Buying every shard out of guild store/guild event store to speed it up, and averaging about 1/2 refreshes a day. Guessing I can get 50 shards or so at least out of guild store, I know it's rng but old ben pops up a little bit for me.

Post edited by Wardai on
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    @Wardai

A good way to go is to borrow a taunting tank as the ally you bring can die and you can still get 3 stars.

I have a zeta Kanan I run on my alt in arena could try that and see if it puts you over the top or you could try my CLS on my main account he helped a lot of people in my guild get it
  • I used the same Phx I used for 7* Thrawn, plus a zeta lead, 23k+ CLS ally--made 3 stars on the 3rd try.

Hope that helps, but it wasn't a struggle for me, so I don't have much advice.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    If you are borrowing cls do your best to borrow a fully maxed one. Even if the last zeta is rather marginal its still a **** useful ability when you are trying to skimp on your own team.

Cls tops off at around 25890 power with three zetas and all 5 star mods. If you can find one that is arena modded with +100 speed you can consider it fully maxed.

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    254-297-631

Currently have my CLS as lead (275 speed at the moment). I can also throw in a near maxed GK or a zFinn if you want.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Run your Phoenix with my CLS and they will have tons of damage and 100% counter chance. Should be pretty easy.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I used the same Phx I used for 7* Thrawn, plus a zeta lead, 23k+ CLS ally--made 3 stars on the 3rd try.

Hope that helps, but it wasn't a struggle for me, so I don't have much advice.

Only difference I could see was higher gear on ezra/chopper and choppers taunt omega'd, did swap mods over from arena team on last try.
    Naraic wrote: »
    If you are borrowing cls do your best to borrow a fully maxed one. Even if the last zeta is rather marginal its still a **** useful ability when you are trying to skimp on your own team.

Cls tops off at around 25890 power with three zetas and all 5 star mods. If you can find one that is arena modded with +100 speed you can consider it fully maxed.

The cls I'm borrowing atm has basic and both specials maxed and ibat zeta'd, with a +96 speed. It's power is 20592.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    If my CLS can't cut it (even though he's a g12 piece from being maxed) maybe I could put up my R2 instead? Would give your Phoenix more survivability. Maybe that is all they need?
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Giving it a try right now.

Edit: Thanks all that actually worked, did change my strategy for the last fight with cls/zeb working on stunning/removing tm and focusing down the side goons that dealt aoe dmg than the big guy.