How high gear lvl do I have to get my phoenix squad for thrawn?

boii
19 posts Member
edited May 2018
I haven't 7 starred them all yet but I'm deciding between gearing my arena squad lvl12 or start farming gear for my phoenix squad.
This is where I am at http://swgoh.gg/u/boii/squads/69169/

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    It depends on how hard you want the event to be it is doable at gear 7/8 with good mods and RNG but it may take many many tries before you get it
  • boii
    19 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    It depends on how hard you want the event to be it is doable at gear 7/8 with good mods and RNG but it may take many many tries before you get it

Erza seems like the damage dealer so I'll get him higher but you need so many stun guns it's like galaxy of stun guns.
  • I have my Phoenix at gear lvl 8, apart from chopper who is g10, and I put all my "good" mods on them and was able to 7* thrawn.

Hera lead (ofc)
    Kanan
    Ezra
    Chopper, and zeb
  • Bommen
    11 posts Member
    I managed the event in April-18 with the following team: 7* all lvl 85: Hera g9 (183sp), Ezra g11 (199sp), Zeb g8 (173sp, 62,6% pot), Kenan g8 (127sp), Chopper g8 (198sp). Omega on all, ok mods. Potency above 60% on Zeb is key, as well as speed. Took a handful of attempts, but Thrawn is absolutely worth it. Besides, gearing up Ezra is also helpful in other areas of the game. Good luck!
  • I was

G10 - Ezra
    G9 - Hera & Chopper
    G8 - Zeb & Kanan

All level 80 with omegas on the uniques (not Choppers as that was open then), Ezra and Choppers Basics.

Used Arena mods to get Ezra, Hera, Chopper and Zeb 180+ Speed
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    For most of the significantly difficult events- Thrawn, BB-8, R2, the heroes' journeys- G8 is considered the minimum. With great mods and the blessings of the random number god, it's possible.

Minimums are always bad advice. Always aim higher. That said, for Phoenix squad, punching through the G8 wall is difficult. It is easier to get some of them to G10 than all of them to G9. Strong contenders for that are your attacker (probably Ezra) and Kanan.
    Still not a he.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    I currently have only 1 at gear 9. I'd say that gear 9 would be the best fit
  • I had 2 at 8 (zeb and kanan) 2 at 9 (chopper and hera) and Ezra at 10 when I 7* Thrawn. That was pre-omegas too.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • If you're over level 80--and can do the omegas on your Phoenix team's uniques--plan on at least G8. If you doubt you'll get that high, aim for at least G9.
  • The gear crunch is real. Zeb requires 2 stun guns, a furnace, a carboni to go from g8 to g9... Hopefully next thrawn comes mid July instead of early July...
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    There really needs to be a "stickied" post at the top of each Legendary/Individual event that lists the minimum required based on various factors.
  • boii
    19 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    The gear crunch is real. Zeb requires 2 stun guns, a furnace, a carboni to go from g8 to g9... Hopefully next thrawn comes mid July instead of early July...

I'm gonna try with g8 zeb, my stun guns will now go to cls if he needs any :sunglasses:
  • boii wrote: »
    The gear crunch is real. Zeb requires 2 stun guns, a furnace, a carboni to go from g8 to g9... Hopefully next thrawn comes mid July instead of early July...

I'm gonna try with g8 zeb, my stun guns will now go to cls if he needs any :sunglasses:

I'm trying to gear hoard to be able to gear thrawn to g8 or 9 as soon as I unlock him... Which requires 200 carboni and 50 stun gun, 60 mk3 holo... I also wanted to hoard mk3 ability mats but that ain't happening if I want to build up my phoenix...

I'm hoping to do this with all gear 8 Phoenix. It's hurting me to spend credits to get them to level 80 as well (just spent 2.2 million to level Ezra from lvl 70 to 80 and omega'd his unique... Rest are lvl 70 cept chopper is 72 and uniques are all lvl 7. But basics and specials need work too. I never ran Phoenix in arena, and while I get they are a useful team, they aren't my favorite and so I am hoping for bare minimum to get thrawn, since he's become one of my favorite star wars characters in general, and I recognize on of the best in the game period...
  • boii wrote: »

Yeah, I'm hoping to be Luke ready next time he comes around...
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Only 22 million credits, 25 omegas, and 118 purple ability mats left to be ready. Hopefully mid- to late-July.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Only 22 million credits, 25 omegas, and 118 purple ability mats left to be ready. Hopefully mid- to late-July.

Prelim schedule has July 19th...
    1mil credit/day from gw, a couple of credit heists.... 3x ability mat challenge/week x3 weeks. Should be alright
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I've got it all worked out in a note file on my phone. Should just make it with a few AAT raids/pits etc. That's to get them all to 85 too, if I stop at 80 it'll save me 8 million that I can use on Thrawn.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Yeah I've got it all worked out in a note file on my phone. Should just make it with a few AAT raids/pits etc. That's to get them all to 85 too, if I stop at 80 it'll save me 8 million that I can use on Thrawn.

Yeah, I plan on lvl 80 (cept 82 for chopper). I'm planning on stockpiling credits and gear to immediately get thrawn to g9 lvl 80 himself, but if I'm close to the 7 star might have to dip into that stores
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Im shooting for full "Tropic Thunder" and going to level 85 on my Phoenix. Might as well if I have the credits. I don't use empire in arena so I don't mind delaying upgrading Thrawn a few days/a week.