wonder why we cant be bothered doing the sith raid

Botzone1
167 posts Member
took us 5-7 days Tier 5
Generally cause people cant be bothered continuously doin the same thing, for these rewards
nqqmbb.png

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    5-7 days means you're doing the wrong tier. We took 6 days on our last T5 attempt.

Go down to T4. We do it in two days.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Yep.... Or do tier IIi and be happy with an extra guild store spend every day....
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    5-7 days means you're doing the wrong tier. We took 6 days on our last T5 attempt.

We had half the guild hit 1.8m and less, We were getting them done in 3 days. These are people that cbf doing it over and over again for the rewards we get. They have good rosters
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Botzone1 wrote: »

We had half the guild hit 1.8m and less, these are people that cbf doing it over and over again for the rewards we get. They have good rosters

I don't understand several things about this post.

Either your guild is doing the raid wrong, or you're doing the wrong tier. There's no other answer.
  • Botzone1 wrote: »

We had half the guild hit 1.8m and less, these are people that cbf doing it over and over again for the rewards we get. They have good rosters

Fatigue is real, but if the 5-7 days number comes from lack of participation and not lack of ability, then that's really not a CG issue - it's a motivation issue.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    We started off doin the tier 5 in 3 days. Now this is the result, bogus rewards,
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    Well done mods hide the shame of this post
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well done mods hide the shame of this post

easier to find when you're looking for it in this subsection of the forum though, or do you think the devs frequent "general discussion" ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It’s hidden? Still see it in Discussions.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    If it was hidden no one would be posting in it.

On-topic, don't know what to tell you. Glad my guild didn't give up on something because it took three days for (admittedly) so-so rewards.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member

Fatigue is real, but if the 5-7 days number comes from lack of participation and not lack of ability, then that's really not a CG issue - it's a motivation issue.

I don’t entirely agree. The motivation is lacking because people know what garbage rewards await them. And you can’t convince me CG has nothing to do with the garbage rewards non heroic str raids give out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »

I don’t entirely agree. The motivation is lacking because people know what garbage rewards await them. And you can’t convince me CG has nothing to do with the garbage rewards non heroic str raids give out.

Do you really feel like a tier 4 or 5 raid should have great rewards though?
    imo they should just lower the health (substantially) wich would result in the raid not being such a chore to slug through. I'm all for removing the challenge gear though, but that won't result in great rewards for the lower tiers, just slightly better. The screenshot above only has 2 challenge gears and the syringes aren't even that bad, those still get requested in my guild.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

Even more so, this is a game (a game that wasn't created by guildies w/ motivational issues). If you add something to your game that people start avoiding like the plague (Or, at a minimum, auto out of obligation)... perhaps it is on the game developer & not the people who play games for... what was it called again... oh yeah... fun!
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

imo they should just lower the health (substantially) wich would result in the raid not being such a chore to slug through. I'm all for removing the challenge gear though, but that won't result in great rewards for the lower tiers, just slightly better. The screenshot above only has 2 challenge gears and the syringes aren't even that bad, those still get requested in my guild.

I actually posted in one of the other str complaint posts that I think CG should nerf non heroic str tiers by 50% like they did to normal aat.

While the syringes and the laptops are better than other challenge gears, they are still mostly useless if you are a f2p (ie, no resources to gear up a bunch of toons) and have been playing for a while. I have over 600 syringe salvages in addition to 10 full pieces already. And I have almost 2.9mil gp so it’s not like I haven’t geared up anyone.
  • Vorgen wrote: »

If they choose not to participate because the rewards aren't worth it to them, that's still on them. There's probably plenty of people in any given non heroic guild that could use those rewards, and can't compete at the level required to replace the people who "can't be bothered". The more people that participate, the less each person has to do. Each time one of those big hitters sits out, it puts more responsibility on the others. Which causes a cascading effect until no one is playing it.

But to imply that it's CG's fault that it takes a week to clear when the guild is perfectly capable of clearing it in two days if everyone contributed, well that's a strange case to try and make.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I actually posted in one of the other str complaint posts that I think CG should nerf non heroic str tiers by 50% like they did to normal aat.

While the syringes and the laptops are better than other challenge gears, they are still mostly useless if you are a f2p (ie, no resources to gear up a bunch of toons) and have been playing for a while. I have over 600 syringe salvages in addition to 10 full pieces already. And I have almost 2.9mil gp so it’s not like I haven’t geared up anyone.

Keep in mind that those t5 rewards are most likely aimed at players who haven't been playing that long. Whether that's a good thing or not is open for debate though.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

Keep in mind that those t5 rewards are most likely aimed at players who haven't been playing that long. Whether that's a good thing or not is open for debate though.

Yes... and I think the bedate is that it would take those newer players 4-5 months to finish t5. By then, the rewards (gear) might very well be useless.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member

If they choose not to participate because the rewards aren't worth it to them, that's still on them. There's probably plenty of people in any given non heroic guild that could use those rewards, and can't compete at the level required to replace the people who "can't be bothered". The more people that participate, the less each person has to do. Each time one of those big hitters sits out, it puts more responsibility on the others. Which causes a cascading effect until no one is playing it.

But to imply that it's CG's fault that it takes a week to clear when the guild is perfectly capable of clearing it in two days if everyone contributed, well that's a strange case to try and make.

That’s why I think if CG is going to keep the non heroic rewards as is, just nerf the hp by 50% so that those who can’t be bothered still don’t have to bother while those who could still use those puny rewards don’t have to bang their heads against the wall for a week straight.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    T5 rewards are aimed at newer players? Who said T5 is aimed at newer players? How new?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    T5 rewards are aimed at newer players? Who said T5 is aimed at newer players? How new?

I'm basing that of the fact that it rewards rancor gear (scanners). I've never actually played t5, so i don't know how difficult it is.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I know I keep posting this but our 70m GP takes 2 days on T4 and 6 days on T5. We've got plenty of players in the 1-year range.

Anyway the raid is aimed at guild strength, which can encompass a wide range of player experience. I don't think you can conclude that a given tier is broadly meant for players of a certain age.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    I really undesrtand why so many people have fatigue or can't be bothered with the raid, its not just rewards, but nihilus too. He is really annoying, only few teams can do decent dmg. Like p2 and p3 go down quite fast, but p1 and p4 takes a lot of time. i never done anything lower than a T5, but i think it would be enough if they lowered or remove his protection regen and that would make it significantly easier for newer players to get through it and anyone who dont have jtr or strong troopers to do something decent there.
  • Vorgen wrote: »

That’s why I think if CG is going to keep the non heroic rewards as is, just nerf the hp by 50% so that those who can’t be bothered still don’t have to bother while those who could still use those puny rewards don’t have to bang their heads against the wall for a week straight.

But it's a guild raid. That means the guild as a whole should be working to clear it. If the vets feel it's beneath them, they should still be contributing to help the lower players get stronger so the guild as a whole (especially those same vet players) can move on to higher tiers and better content. Telling the lower gp players to do it themselves (or nerf the raid so they can more easily) really is counter to the spirit of the event in the first place.

I get the fatigue point of view - and I'm one of those lower gp players that still benefits from the rewards. Though from my end it's not tired of the repetition for (perceived) poor rewards - rather it's my inability to even dent nihilus in P1 and P4. Why should I even enter the battle when I'm not even going to take off 1%?

Yet I do, because I play my part where I can, and as I result I have slowly been seeing my contirbution improve. And as I improve, the guild as a whole gets closer to being able to move up.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Unfortunately, this raid feels like a chore and not an enjoyable experience. I’m in a 110 Million guild and the fatigue factor is in for sure. Everything else we do pretty well together. TW and TB, the other raids, trading gear to help others. Most are very active but this raid is downright dreadful. I will admit, I just tap 5 toons and hit auto if on P1 and P4.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this raid feels like a chore and not an enjoyable experience.

That simply nails my opinion in a sentence.

• Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    See this is wut Im saying, people are getting bored. We blitz T4 sith raid in less than 24 hours. I understand they dont want to give too much, but your squeezing a bit too much when it comes to gear rewards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    See this is wut Im saying, people are getting bored. We blitz T4 sith raid in less than 24 hours. I understand they dont want to give too much, but your squeezing a bit too much when it comes to gear rewards.

Still, the rewards are better than heroic rancor rewards. Now that's a boring raid ! Fortunately it also requires very little effort.