We need a dark side R2

Prev1
Jedi_Bane
310 posts Member
R2 is in every single meta LS squad. His kit is so amazing and makes so many squads incredibly hard to kill. Whether it be his passive accuracy/crit chance, and his bonus health, protection etc for squads, r2 is a must for most squads.

Dark side doesnt have a character anywhere near R2 in terms of flexibility and support. I know canonically R2 should be as viable as he is but we need someone for empire or other DS factions that provides the bonuses R2 has. Dengar was a step in the right direction as his unique prevents enemies from gaining stealth while he is stealthed. However, Dengar does not necessarily fit into any meta DS squads.

Replies

• I’m the movies there really isn’t a dark side droid like R2. Maybe BB9-E but he would only be First Order.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    BB9-E and C2-B5 are hilarious. Take LS droid, paint it black, and....DS droid!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Here is a R-series droid of the dark side. If somebody watched TCW then you'll remember him -
    "Goldie":
    databank_r3s6_01_169_9e67ecfc.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R3-S6

R3-S6 only belongs to Confederacy of independent Systems / Separatists while
    BB-9E belongs to First Order and would be the opposite of BB-8.

I have to mention you that R2-D2 and C-3PO are uniques so that they have many affiliations:
    - Galactic Republic
    - Alliance to restore the Republic / Rebels
    - Resistance
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm kinda liking imperial probe droid tbh
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    BB9-E and C2-B5 are hilarious. Take LS droid, paint it black, and....DS droid!

The IT-O Interrogation Droid then?

Also black!

But at least it's a unique design.
  • Jedi_Bane
    310 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I meant a metaphorical DS R2 guys, not a literal. lol
  • Puddis95
    38 posts Member
    Thrawn makes almost all teams better
  • Puddis95 wrote: »
    Thrawn makes almost all teams better

Yeah but he doesnt provide the passive bonuses r2 does, which is what i am asking for
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Thrawn is in more LS squads than R2..

mPrk2G6.png
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Much more universal toon than R2. He has a Cleanse + TM gain and a permanent TM lock + Buff Immunity + Buff Removal. Not to mention he hits way harder than R2 and ability blocks.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Thrawn is in more LS squads than R2..

mPrk2G6.png

He's in more total squads, yeah. How can you tell he's in more LS squads?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Maybe just an assumption, since Thrawn and R2 are staples in CLS and RJT squads, but Rex runs Thrawn without R2. Point is that Thrawn fits anywhere. No LS character, outside of GK, comes close.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    If anything, we probably need a LS Thrawn ;)
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    A dark side support to makes teams harder to kill and can be used a near every team? That's Thrawn. And I like that he isn't just a copy paste for dark side, he has the best debuff in the game, an ability to give anyone a turn, minor healing, stuns, and the best ship hands down. If it was just "dark side allies cleanse all debuffs in a crit" it's just be lazy
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    I hear you @dimi4a. R2 is a beast in most LS squads, and even more useful than Thrawn under RJT. However, Thrawn fits everywhere including RJT. In fact, anyone who doesn't run both Thrawn and R2 under RJT is crippling themselves.

Point is, R2 is required under a RJT lead, but so is Thrawn despite having no LS synergies. He is much more versatile and fits anywhere. Where as R2 is situational.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I hear you @dimi4a. R2 is a beast in most LS squads, and even more useful than Thrawn under RJT. However, Thrawn fits everywhere including RJT. In fact, anyone who doesn't run both Thrawn and R2 under RJT is crippling themselves.

Point is, R2 is required under a RJT lead, but so is Thrawn despite having no LS synergies. He is much more versatile and fits anywhere. Where as R2 is situational.

Can't say that i agree about the JTR needing thrawn thingy, but i do agree that Thrawn is a better character than R2.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    The dark side version of R2 is called Traya
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    The dark side version of R2 is called Traya

... with less abilities than original chars plus some new ability :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Can't say that i agree about the JTR needing thrawn thingy, but i do agree that Thrawn is a better character than R2.

While i do agree that Thrawn is more versatile than R2, he doesn't give such huge bonuses to LS teams as R2 does and overall R2 gives a better cleansing synergy than he does.

So you're saying we need a LS thrawn aswell?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

While i do agree that Thrawn is more versatile than R2, he doesn't give such huge bonuses to LS teams as R2 does and overall R2 gives a better cleansing synergy than he does.

No, what i'm saying is the DS and especially the Empire needs a cleanser as effective as R2!

So R2 should also cleanse DS allies on crits?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    R2-D2 and C-3PO are uniquely unifying throughlines throughout the entire Star Wars saga. Any similar throughline for the dark side just does not exist. What's more, a lot of folks who lived from one era to the next went from Galactic Republic to Empire (Yularen, Cody), not Separatist to Empire, let alone Separatist to Empire to First Order.

There could be some specific faction bridge characters, like Palpatine and Vader do between Empire and Sith, but there aren't really any timeless R2-likes who'd be viable for dark side.

Though for a good faction bridge that would put together a lot of good units, Grand Admiral Rae Sloane as a First Order/Empire bridge. And she'd make way more sense as a capital ship commander than General Hux.
    We have a light side Thrawn. That's Han Solo.
    Still not a he.