Ultimate Survivability Team

I'm trying to think of the best team that would be really difficult to ever kill. So far I've though up this:

General Kenobi (L)
Hermit Zoda
Zanan Jarrus
Zarriss
SRP/Aayla Secura/Thrawn

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthnekros/collection/

My swgoh.gg ^^ though I'm not necessarily looking for advice on my characters, but in case anyone wanted reference to look at potential characters.

Replies

• Sion?

Loads of tanks generally?

But then in Arena might they not just time out continuously?

Hypotheticals...interesting thread...looking forward to seeing other's ideas :smile:
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    I've been planning on putting something like this together. I was looking at doing GK/Barris/Hoda/KRU/5s.
  • Sion?

Loads of tanks generally?

But then in Arena might they not just time out continuously?

Hypotheticals...interesting thread...looking forward to seeing other's ideas :smile:

Sion is really good but not as great with synergy for the rest of the team. I am thinking about good tanks but it needs regeneration as well.
    I've been planning on putting something like this together. I was looking at doing GK/Barris/Hoda/KRU/5s.

KRU is great with his self-healing, I forgot about him. Fives is great but has little to no regen for himself, which is why I didn't include. I have SRP because he'll take a lot of blows with many buffs and then revive. Aayla dodges, has lots of healing, and her stuns make it easier for everyone else to survive, though not necessary. Thrawn is great overall (obviously), his cleanse, prot regen, Fracture, and stun make him very good.
  • Originally I just thought about the possibilities of what would happen if Kanan was hit with Vader AOE and it crits with Zarriss in the party and he recovers full health. Zhoda would heal and strengthen everyone, Kenobi does his cleanse, counter, foresight, double assist, and extra health and defense.

Please do provide reasons for your explanations though, I'm really quite interested in what would be extremely tanky with massive regeneration and whatever control the team can afford.
  • You now have Young Han Solo and Vandor Chewy... tons of health/protection gain and protection up...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • I think what you're looking for is a fully geared, modded, and zetad Phoenix team, LOL. But replace Ezra and Sabine, the only damage dealers, with GK and Zarris. They'd be hard to put to sleep.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    I think what you're looking for is a fully geared, modded, and zetad Phoenix team, LOL. But replace Ezra and Sabine, the only damage dealers, with GK and Zarris. They'd be hard to put to sleep.

That is a really good point, I'll test that out eventually, when I get those zetas eventually. I have no idea who the next one goes to, there are so many to choose
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    Didnt DN permanently end that era of timeout teams when he was released?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    DN did kill the super tank squads. But they still hold up in TB and TW.
  • Maztoras wrote: »
    Didnt DN permanently end that era of timeout teams when he was released?

That's part of why I was thinking about Aayla/Thrawn who would keep DN controlled and eventually taken out.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Best counter to DN is DN. If you want to run an anti meta team, Rex lead is the way to go. Lots of survivability, mixed with tons of TM manipulation.
  • That origninal team you posted is like a free win for resistance :)
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Get +175 speed on mods and a burst damage team and wipe the floor with others before they do to you. Best defense is to fight 5v3 :smiley:

Since I have DN there didnt happened any timeout - even vs 2 tanks + heal...doesnt matter simply.
  • Night sisters , if you don't attack them carefully they survive forever
  • Wampa. Give it long enough and he will outdamage all the heals. No one in that lineup will be able to take him down or control him long enough. I had a shardmate that used to use GK/Zarris with Hyoda, OB and CLS. I would use Wampa and just put it on auto. Took a bit over 3 minutes, but eventually just started one shotting toons.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Best counter to DN is DN. If you want to run an anti meta team, Rex lead is the way to go. Lots of survivability, mixed with tons of TM manipulation.
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Get +175 speed on mods and a burst damage team and wipe the floor with others before they do to you. Best defense is to fight 5v3 :smiley:

Since I have DN there didnt happened any timeout - even vs 2 tanks + heal...doesnt matter simply.

This isn't for arena or any real battles, I'm looking for an idea team that would be fun to just watch other teams hit a giant wall.

• Wampa. Give it long enough and he will outdamage all the heals. No one in that lineup will be able to take him down or control him long enough. I had a shardmate that used to use GK/Zarris with Hyoda, OB and CLS. I would use Wampa and just put it on auto. Took a bit over 3 minutes, but eventually just started one shotting toons.

1v5 with the Wampa vs that team?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    The ultimate survivablity team is stealthed Acolyte and zombie against the Hoth Rebel Scouts in DSTB. The Scouts keep killing zombie over and over and gaining 50% TM each time. Acolyte never gets a turn, but you'll survive as long as you want to let it keep going.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Literally every team has got a counter. No matter which and thats the thing...thats why the best defensive is a superb offensive. Thats why the Imp/JTR teams are upstairs and rex their counter right next to them.

An extremely fast Phoenix team with shield mods and all zetas can be very difficult to fight against. Also an extremly fast NS team can be a pain - but everything has counters. So do 3 tanks as they do literally no damage and Nihilus doesnt care if you got 10k or 130k...you are dead afterwards. Wampa will enrage after 3 minutes and also one hit the tanks.

Speed is your real factor which makes your team tanky - as no damage from 1-2 opposite player means you survive and they die even quicker.

Even Kenobi with 100k shield wont bring you anything if he just sits in stun and doesnt provide the group with foresight/debuffs and his group attack - speed, speed and speed is the key. Be faster and dispatch the opposite before they can build up their attack chain.

If opposite team has no aoe dispeller acolyte + zombie will be timeout. Can do a nute gunray team against people without aoe dispell with acolyte, zombie, princess and last one i forgot...they simply stealth behind the zombie and kill you from behind. However b2, baze and sion will just wipe them =) and again we got a counter...

Only speed mods bring you to your aim further as you can beat even counter teams just by being faster (i.e. your imp is faster than rex, or chirrut...you will crush them)