Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• What tier or tiers did you play?

We started with t5 and were shocked at how horrible we did. Backed down to a t3/t4 rotation. Tried T5 again for the first time since the raid was started last week. It was still horrible and rewards were demoralizing.

What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?

70m

What teams you did you attempt the raid with?

The usual. We have 10 or so RJT teams and some people are working on other teams.

What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?

Nobody I know or have seen, even the people who can do Heroic, seem to enjoy this raid. Because the RNG aspects require such an investment of time. You have to restart over and over and over again until you get the right results.

It feels like a Sisyphean task because we finish it for completely underwhelming rewards and then start it all over. When we got some decently-geared Rey teams and tried T5 again it took us 2-3 days to clear P1 even though it had been months.

What about the raid did you enjoy?

P2 and P3 are fine because you feel like you can actually accomplish something in a single play through without having to do a ton of restarts.

What did you dislike about the raid?

P1, P4, the terrible rewards, the fact that it has absolutely cratered our guild motivation. People complain about this raid nonstop. People I know in other competing games cite it as the reason they decided to quit. People I know in guilds who can do heroic still hate it because of the time investment.

It's unfun, you feel like you aren't making a dent and those of us who aren't in whale guilds are sitting on the outside knowing we're 6+ months away from a reasonable attempt at even trying heroic so we're stuck doing the most boring thing I've ever done in mobile gaming for crap rewards until then.

Honestly - you completely screwed up with this raid and I'm reasonably sure it was not tested with the user experience in mind at all. Did anyone who played this raid during whatever passes at Q&A think about what it would feel like to run this raid over and over at the lower levels day in and day out?
  • We are a 105M GP guild.
    We do a 2x T5 then 2x T4 schedule for the sith raid.

The 5 teams i use are:
    RJT / NS / Deathmark team (could be imperial troopers or with CLS) / Empire / Wiggs rebels.

Motivating factor: 5/47 people in my guild take it seriously, and they have some sort of competition to who ranks 1st, they get in the 25M to 40M range and its always fun to compete with ur guildmates
    Demotivating factor: The rewards at the end are not worth the 4-5 days it takes us to go through T5 (sure not everyone is participating though). So i started autoing and can still manage to comfortably get R2 with purely autoing my 5 teams daily. So im doing that now :/

The like and dislike are kinda integrated in the motivating and demotivating factors.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    • What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?
    • What teams you did you attempt the raid with?
    • What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
    • What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?

My guild is focusing on tier 5 now, but have done a bunch of tier 4, too. We started at tier 5: quickly went to tier 4 after struggling through the first couple tier 5's, were happy at tier 4 when GE tokens were made a reward, but when the rewards reverted & tier 4 no longer qualified for GE tokens, we went back to tier 5.

My guild just crossed the 100mil GP threshold last week.

What squads did I run? I try a bunch of different ones, including:
    • The standard RJT/BB-8/R2/Scavenger/Resistance Trooper
    • First Order: KRU, Zylo, FOE, FOO, FOTP
    • Bounty Hunters: IG-88, Fett, Dengar, Greedo, Zam (started running this after rework dropped)
    • Empire: Veers, DT, Krennic, Starck, Thrawn
    • Snackbar: Ackbar, CLS, Raid Han, Hermit Yoda, Gen Kenobi

What's motivating/demotivating? What do I like/dislike? My personal motivation is gear and GE tokens -- that's it. I also want to be a good guildmate and officer, so I always try to put in my 5 attempts per day. There's a lot of demotivation for me: I have no interest in/affinity for the KOTOR-related characters, so Traya shards aren't much of a carrot, and facing off against these expanded universe nobodies isn't interesting at all. The challenge of figuring out which squads work best vs. each phase is entertaining for a while, but the combat is a slog, making this raid feel like a complete chore. To be honest, I often forget we're running the Sith raid, because the combat is such a bore.

All of the post-launch changes have been real demotivating factors, too: as soon as the community figures something out, the rules of the game change. It doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in this raid or future raids at all. Because the raid bosses are comically overpowered, it ends up being really hard to feel like we're accomplishing anything much from phase to phase.
  • 90m Guild GP
    Tier 4

This is going to be a broken record but you asked...in order to be a bit different than other posts I’m going to provide some possible solutions.

TLDR:
    -rewards are poor
    -limited number of useful teams (cough jtr and death trooper)
    -boring/unfun. Feels like a chore.

The ratio of time spent and rewards granted is pretty awful. I’m spending over 2 hours of time over 2-3 days and I get 7 pieces of salvage gear, none of which I need.
    Solution: increase rewards and/or decrease difficulty.

There’s really only 1-3 teams that are useful in each phase. Even people that have a decent roster can’t even use them. Jedi, sith, old rebels, basically any team that relys on debuffs is pretty useless. Jtr is required. Death trooper is required. Thrawn, Han Solo, are basically required.
    Solution: stacking tenacity is just too punishing. Turn meter reduction immunity and tenacity down immunity I can understand. But being immune to basically all debuffs just hurts too many teams which leads to only the irresistible teams like jtr and DT reign supreme. How boring.
    Add more differing phases. You guys have a talented design team, why not make it 6 or 8 phases? That would add to the diversity, and it would be much more interesting and fun. The total hp can remain the same but each individual phase would be less. That would also nerf jtr and Dt which might not be such a bad thing...I just want to see more variety.

It’s such a chore. It’s the least fun thing to do in the game because it’s so punishing and boring. I run it on auto play half the time just because it’s such a pain. That’s pretty poor design imo. I’ve thought about quitting because of how much of a chore it is. And I mean a literal chore; I run it on auto play while I do the dishes and laundry.
    Solution: I don’t really have one here. I think fixing my other two would cascade into this.

I hope that helps! I do appreciate you reaching out for feedback and I hope together we can make this raid and this game better.
  • "Add more differing phases. You guys have a talented design team, why not make it 6 or 8 phases? That would add to the diversity" yes!, what is fun about the same attack sequence over and over and over again? and while on the subject, why can't every phase of TB and raids be open at the same time. If I have 4 hours I can do all my battles for all of my phases. why oh why can't we play the game on our own schedule instead of yours?
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    Like every single post has said. This raid needs a major overhaul. Horrible time sink for lower tiers and garbage rewards for the time invested. You’ve broken some
    Guilds over this raid as well. Love the KOTOR characters and aspect of the raid...it’s just super unfun and not enjoyable. Needs some major work.
  • Why did you start your own thread? Now we gotta have a merge mega thread.
  • Jedimonk
    91 posts Member
    I love the with raid, but now after raiding 5 days we are on tier6 btw, the rewards are embarrassing to say the least.5 days graft with our guild and not once have there been a decent reward for this.And that finishing top,2nd 3rd 7th and 10th,Now this raid has become a chore and am gutted as this is a team effort over a long period.please look at this.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    As many others have said, P1 and P4 are just not fun. Nihilus annihilate is too unpredictable with his stacking speed. His protection gain means no assist, counter, or multi attack toons work, and it makes you feel downhearted about your damage when most of it hits protection.

If I was to change it, I would
    (1) remove the defense down/protection gain mechanic
    (2) Make annihilate only usable as his first attack of the set, OR change the buff mechanic to 0 speed the toon who is defending but be dispelled after 100k damage was done to it.
    (3) Change the dispell/buff steal from his basic to his drain force
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    T6 and heroic

Running T6 than the guild was merge with another one to achieve heroic. The main reason for this was that T6 was so boringly long that we had to do anything to get out of it before losing our big guns.

Team: see YouTube plus in p4, just send your trash one by one and hope you get the bug working in your favour. If it does, you get number 1!

Rewards: T6 rewards were so bad it was a joke. Heroic rewards are decent if you make top 10.

Enjoyment: I find the raid relatively enjoyable.
    It’s tough, which I like.
    It’s got a lot of mechanic that requires you to think outside the box, well done!
    Only a few team actually work per phase. That is sad (especially against Nihilus, but Traya is also problematic)
    Loads of RNG with the said few teams that work (traya isolate Solo on your chexmix...restart and try again! Once I had to do so 25 times in a row). Wouldn’t be that problematic if more team were actually able to put some damage on P1 and P3.
    Huge bugs. How come no one noticed the P4 bug is beyond me. It’s huge!

Overall, look at YouTube. At this time during the HAAT launch, there was so many videos with teams. Not so much with the Sith raid as not much is working.

A lot of good idea are provided in this thread to change the raid, but I have four that should be done ASAP:

1- loser the tenacity on bosses for T1-T6
    2 - lower health pool for T1-T6
    3 - increase rewards for T1 - T6 (last time it was a nerf, don’t take us for **** again please)
    4 - correct the bugs!!! It’s incredib’e That STH could be corrected in a week while we have been living with the P4 bugs for over a month!

For me, raids are the most enjoyable part of SWGOH. Please, get them right and get them tested.
  • I'm in a 57M GP guild. We can do tier V but now only do tier 2 because the rate at which we get guild currency and credits from that is higher, and we consider the gear rewards from tier 1-5 essentially worthless, especially compared to the time investment.

I can't comment too much on the teams, we just use a variety of whatever we have laying around because the rewards for anything less than heroic isn't worth building teams for.

Sion and traya I find pretty enjoyable, I find the interactions and decision making (should I cleanse the pain/bonds or squeeze out some extra damage? When to topple?) and the variety of teams that can be used to be fairly enjoyable to figure out.

Nihilus is awful. It takes forever, almost no teams are good against him, and the unique ability isnt really fun or interesting ( eyeball the turnmeter and hope you guess the timing right :/). The decisions (special vs basic, use unbreakable or not) aren't interesting or meaningful because they are essentially forced. This makes defeating nihilus more of a boring chore than anything else. Despite this, I think we could get used to the chore if the reward was worth it.

The mechanics and health pool of this raid essentially require very heavy participation from almost every member, every time. It is very frustrating to spend so much more time and effort just to eek out 5 percent or so in a phase, and be rewarded the equivalent of 1-2 guild activity rewards and a few credit daily challenges. I do like the extra source of guild currency and credits, but the ratio of effort to reward feels bad. The rewards don't do much to help ease the gear crunch or progress towards the next tier, and there is no real incentive to try a harder tier until you are ready for heroic.

To give non-heroic guilds a way to enjoy the STR, I think it would be a significant improvement to add useful and difficult to acquire items to the lower tiers. Maybe the lowest tiers can offer significantly more credits and a mix of purple/omega mats. Perhaps another tier up rewards a set of good mods and a increase in GET, perhaps another tier includes a zeta for good finishes or good chances to drop full or half pieces of guns/cuffs/markV droid callers and other good gear, maybe a tier offers some crystals and rancor/HAAT gear (in a way that we don't have to beat the raid 9 times to get a full piece). Maybe one tier could even also award vet smuggler shards since the RJT team is apparently the only good team for phase 1.

There should also be some decent incentive to hit top 10 instead of 20 or top 20 instead of 30 etc if you want to encourage participation from everyone. If I can get basically the same reward for 25 as I can for top 10, I'm not putting in the extra hour(s) this chore of a raid requires. I like the idea of lifting the whole guild, but some layers of incentive are still important to give people a rewarding goal to work toward.

TLDR: I'm honestly not entirely sure if the play of the raid is really a problem (although nihilus is boring), but the rewards compared to the effort required is definitely a problem for guilds that aren't close to beating heroic.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    It's true. It was a little better with more guild event currency, but it's just completely insulting now to all except heroic players.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Sounds like you should be doing a lower tier.
  • Moved to "Sith Raid Feedback" thread.

Cheers.
  • 96 mil gp guild with about 10 JTR's

Other teams are New FO, NS, CLS/Fulcrum Combos, DV led emp teams, jawa and phoniex

Have done T1(4 hours) T2(8ish Hours) T3(1 Day) T4(2-3 Days) T5(5-6days)

Rinse and repeat a lot of the other comments. To time consuming, rewards are not worth the effort and subsequently participation has dropped to about half the guild actively contributing which increases the time once again.

Main issue is T1 and T4, its just a grind, even with strategy no one in our guild enjoys it
  • dreben
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We do T4 and T5
    We just made 100m. GP
    RJT, First Order, Resistance, Bounty Hunters, Siths, Rebels etc. and mixed teams.
    It takes too long time to beat even T5 and this is very demotivating and it's not the most interesting thing, I enter in the Sith Raid only because we have guild requirement to make certain amount of minimal damage.
    Same like the previous answer but with the difference I don't enjoy at all the raid, it is just like the Rancor and the AAT, you fight.. it's just harder and it is not entertaining, nothing special, I prefer TW and TB more
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    ~70m gp
    Tier 4 & 3
    Empire, rebels x2, nightsister, mix team/ewoks

The rewards in tier 3/4 are horrendous!!! Heroic tier gives guaranteed full g12 pieces? 3-4 should yield guaranteed full g7-8 ESPECIALLY for top 3 - I have yet to receive a fully crafted piece in at least 5 #1’s

I feel the design of the raid is inherently flawed - It is quite clear that the effort has been put into:
    - punishing full auto runs, you want players to play the raid.
    - Tune the difficulty by limiting existing mechanics with extreme tenacity, immunity and so on and so forth

The intention is pretty good, the result has turned out to be not really that enjoyable, unfortunately. Basically I think it goes all the way back to design intend - you should have focused on making something that was original and fun for the player rather than trying to squeeze something into an old template ramping up difficulty with restrictions/limitation ... makes sense??

At this point
    I find myself restarting numerous times, especially with the dot team(s) - it’s not exactly quality time - I do not try different strategies, I don’t change my rotations - I just repeat until I get an acceptable result. There is little or no thinking/reacting involved, and the experience becomes mechanic and uninteresting.

I think this raid is beyond repair, and the sooner it becomes trivial the better. I hope there will be a different development focus in the next.

One thing I would recommend is to remove the retreat option and lower tenacity/hp accordingly- this would alleviate some of the frustration

• aranud
    5 posts Member
    To counter balance the general feeling, here is my view on Sith Raid:
    - Guild GP: 145M. Currently running Heroic

Now that my guild wins the Heroic in less than 24h, the more I play this raid, the more fun it is. Main reason are:
    - If I have a decent but not awesome run, I will still post it and not try again like a million time.
    - My teams are now stronger than when we first started Heroic. So this allow mistakes to be done and still have a good run.

- Phase 1 is actually fun once you understand the mechanics and are using a JTR team.
    - Phase 2 is also fun to play. I like the fact that you have to make a decision at each turn to either clean Cycle of Pains or not.
    - Phase 3 is fun, but needs mods to be moved around to get the correct order (Han needs to be slow). And that's a pain because we're missing good mod management features
    - Phase 4 - DN is the least enjoyable phase. Even with Nighsisters maxed out, it still too RNG dependent with Sion and Traya in the mix
    - Phase 4 - Sion... can't say. I usually don't play this phase as my First Order team is not OP enough.
    - Phase 4 - Traya... Used to be very fun: Just throw everything left and see what it does. No longer the case because of the bug that gives erractic score (0 sometimes, 4M other times). So my guild decided that only the top 5 players can play at the end of this phase to avoid messing with the top 5 orders.

Rewards are good as they are (after the nerf revert) considering the time and gears invested.

So I'm an happy Sith Raider!
  • Fockd
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    My guild is at 121 mio GP and we have cleared heroic 9 times already. Our first time clear was with 116 mio GP. I like the challenging aspect of the heroic version. Unlike T6 it's a matter of 3 hours. You run one or two teams per phase, wait for your guildmates to catch up and then continue.

T6 version of the raid on the other hand is a time sucking fun drain. I was dedicated at playing it to get as much practice as possible and have an advantage later on in heroic over less motivated players. It paid off but T6 is really no fun. P1-3 are ok. You can clear them within two days.
    P4 is the most annoying part in T6. You can kill DN in heroic with 2-3 NS teams. In T6 DN has 50 mio HP. Unless the majority of your guild has great NS squads which we didn't have at that time, P4 alone will take 2 days. This is too much. It might have gotten better with Zombie and Talzin being available to farm.

So bottom line:

Heroic = yay.
    T6 and below = meh.

I can fully understand the frustration about the sith raid. Heroic is comparably well designed IF you have the right teams, while the lower tiers just have too high HP levels. The bad part is that heroic is very restrictive in viable team compositions. On top of that JTR is the only way to go in P1. So if your guild doesn't have 25 JTRs, you're stuck forever in the non heroic tiers. And they suck badly. Just glad this part of the game is gone for me.

Another point are the rewards. While you get at least one full g12 piece in the heroic version if you rank in the top 3, T6 can't keep up.
    Sure, you get g12 salvage but the numbers are just so low it's hard to justify the amount of effort.
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    What tier or tiers did you play?
    Combination of T4 (6 days) and T2 (1 day, maybe 2), good combination for my guild to not get tickets at max.
    42m gp
    Everything i have at g12, g11 and some g10.
    Motivated - NONE
    Demotivated - everything... P1 and P4, ok you wanted it to be brain teaser, but you overdoit just too much. My guild for P1 (t4) need 1 or 2 refreshes, we do not have a single one JTR, an nihilus is just bullying us all. Why does he have so much health, and protection?!?!
    P2 & P3 (T4) we pass both under one refresh. So there is no balance.
    P4 is just not fun at all again bully nihilus... 2-3 refreshes for us...
    Unbalanced phases... One should not take 3x time than other phases.
    It all depending on participating and a blody RNG, with my empire in p1, once, just once i did 2.7m, and never again.. Usually around 2m, but somethimes 1.2...it is a dissapointong to have so much diff...
    You did not realize that guild who participate lower tiers do not have great rooster, and that they will not be able to do it in reasonable time.
    Who wrote those "Intended for" it is just insulting... If you use heroes at lvl and gear that is inteded for, raid will last for a month or longer.
    What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?
    First time i enjoy the whole, just the first time, but now it is just an endles loop, i am tired. I am doing it just for guild tokens, and after 6 days i can buy 25% of prototype not even a whole gear...
    Blod sucking time consuming soul crusher mother in law...

Sorry for my english
    Best regards

P. S. We are clearing HAAT in 2h...comaring this an that.. Rewards... It is just silly
  • -Played Tiers 1-4, currently farming Tier 1 for coin and guild store currency

-40 mil GP guild

-JTR/Empire/NS/Phoenix/Wiggs

-The raid is challenging but for us even HAAT is challenging. We like HAAT because at the end we get GK shards and decent rewards, same for Rancor even though it's not hard at all, again satisfying rewards (except the trolling challenge gear).

-The rewards for STR (non-heroic) feel like we are the punchline of a joke. HAHA at the end of all this torture is some stuff you might get from hitting a few hard nodes. Ummm no thanks. We'll auto this one until we are A LOT stronger or the rewards improve.

-Some cool things that came out of this were nice animations on Scion and creepy Nihilius mumblings, really like the Old Republic setting and theme.

Thanks again for opening up for feedback

We first jumped into tier 6 and realised it was going to take too long and dropped to T4 for a while, we are flying through T4 and are soon to progress to T5

We are a 72mil GP guild

We have many people trying with many variations of teams such as JTR, but me personally I use.

Rebels
    NS
    Sith
    Resistance

The last squad changes, some times Jawas and whatever else I think might be able to do a bit of DMG and depending on the phase as well I might use phoenix.

I was put off by DN as I could never time using the shield and I do the least DMG there, but I enjoy it now.

I would not say dislike, but it would be great if one of the lower tears has shards, like sion ones maybe :)

• Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    T7 Heroic
    137M
    The usual suspects. RJT/mixedbag for P2/ChexMix for P3/NS and rest of the roster for P4
    Traya shard and G12 pieces are very good motivators.The RNG messing your run is demotivating, but as soon as you have T7 on farm, it's less suicide-inducing.

What I enjoy: Special abilities are a cool feature. Visually, raid is awesome. The core idea is cool. But...
    Please, cut down the RNG-component of the raid in P1. Nihilus attacking sometime twice in a row, sometime thrice in a row without a proper way of anticipating is the single most infuriating mechanism of the raid. Unless I'm wrong, there's no way to predict if he's going to attack two or three time and considering his basic can steal buff and reduce the cooldown of force drain, it makes a HUGE impact and can ruin your run in no time. Please, for the love of the Force, Make Nihilus attack two time every turn. Or keep it that way but at least make it so we can predict this.

Also, if I were to let my fantasies run wild: Remove P4, replace it by a single ship phase that would come before P1. Like "Hey to reach the temple, you have to land of Malachor first, but something is on you way". Having to fight a huge ship, deactivate a shield, whatever make the most sense. Actual P1 would become P2, P2 would become P3 and so on. Just to give some use to ships.

• 1. What tier or tiers did you play?
    2. What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?
    3. What teams you did you attempt the raid with?
    4. What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
    5. What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?

Great thread. It should be clear by now that the Sith raid is making people quit the game. It's a shame that there are only 3 raids after 3 years. And the HAAT raid **** in the beginning and so does the Sith raid.

1. Tier 4 or 5. It takes about the same time to do both, tier 4 is a bit faster.

2. 120M+ We have a serious lack of participation and interest in the sith raid. We are working towards JTR and you need to make that event available again soon, and then soon again.

3. I couldnt be **** playing for some time because Nihilus was so incredibly boring. But I have started using the ewok engineer team with decent results. Imperial troopers work well in all phases. Luke does OK, using chexmix for p3. I dont have JTR and it's a **** shame I cant use my rogue one team, or old school rebels to any effect. Vader is meh. I do have Visas at 6* and G10 but she's not helping a lot so far.

4. Like everyone else, p1 is extremely (and I mean extremely) boring for a game and demotivating. It's a pain. It's not fun. It's a STUPID idea to have tenacity stacking and Nihilus is way too random. He can use annihilate or he doesnt, even if it is available. He drains and gets to use annihilate even if the countdown was at 4-6 before the drain. He enrages with 1 or even 2 turns left on the timer and you have no idea whats going to happen next. It sucks.

You have created a raid where all the new characters are a necessity on all tiers. What were you thinking? That we'd like to be crushed and frustrated by a new raid with poor rewards? It's a game. People want to play and have fun.
    Sure, heroic should be hard, but the tiers before heroic should be a help to get to heroic, not just a frustrating block that make people quit.

Rewards are demotivating. Why spend hours and hours for a crap reward? Like I said we have problems getting people to even enter the raid. That's how boring it is.

Motivation is in gearing toons and scoring better than before. It's too slow to notice though.

5. I enjoyed the fact that you FINALLY released a new raid. Dont wait another year to release another raid. It can't be that hard. If it is, hire more, and the right, people.

I guess I already wrote my dislikes. It's boring. People quit. You have to take care of the players, and not only the whales. Nerf p1 and p4 and buff the rewards.
    15 posts Member
    What tier or tiers did you play? T5 and the occasional T6.
    What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid? 100m GP, roughly.
    What teams you did you attempt the raid with? Troopers for P2, Chex Mix for P3, NS for P4.1, random teams on auto for the rest, since no jrey.
    What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying? Challenge-level gear in rewards, or piecemeal G12 rewards (1-2 salvage) for a 2-3 day effort is not worth anything more than autoing out 5 battles in a lot of instances.

Nihilus is the problem with the raid. RNG with Traya in general is forgivable, but the entire raid is gated behind the use of Jrey+co in P1 - a character who is not reasonably available to the vast majority of us without the luxury of farming specifically for new releases or trying to keep up with shifting arena metas since the EP rework and the ever-constant arms race that is mod farming.
    Bossk and Bounty Hunters do not address this shortcoming adequately enough, as he is also going to be a character that is gated behind the release schedule.
    Couple this with Traya being a natural complement to the already-prevalent duo of Sion and Nihilus squashing the arena meta beyond recognition - who honestly stomps the vast majority of existing teams in arena, and the only clear-cut counter to is a suicide Probe Droid - and then the idea of gating further G12 gear behind Heroic cause me a lot of concern as to whether I should bother continuing the game if there's going to continue to be this wide a gulf between the have's and have-not's for jrey.
  • This Sith raid is an absolute dumpster fire. The rewards are wretched and it is incredibly difficult to encourage members to even participate in this event. Good idea, poor design
  • colo
    38 posts Member
    Hi,

Thx for the feedback asking !

• What tier or tiers did you play? T5

• What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid? 120m

• What teams you did you attempt the raid with? JTR, Troopers, chex mix, zVader. Basically any characters with G11/G12 is trying to fit in a somehow synergic team.

• What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
      Motivation: some reward.
      Demotivation : good active players do not even try the raid. We've almost disband the guild altough she was created the very first day of guild release feature.
      rewards are not matching the effort we put on (useless challenge gear again and poor ratio effort/reward). Too many hardly farmable teams needed. Too much JTR/NS dependant.

• What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?
      Enjoy : P2 is fun (because of big number we can achieve). P3 for same reason under special raid ability
      Dislike : RNG on P1 about DN skill order when they are all available. Global RNG on P1 about resist or not of DN and our char. Same for P4
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We grind T6, also tried T5 but rewards are worse so we agreed that its better to grap some pieces of G12 stuff

About 110 Mio, but overall since its casual guild we have a strong top 5 a good bunch of around 20 players that particapte too and leftovers that more or less are only registered and are super frustrated with the raid mechanic. So we currently never reach the "GP" level.

We currently use all the common teams, but building up Teams like Rey, NS etc. takes time and since our guild is casual friendly no one is forced to spend or farm Vets for Rey etc.

Since i am mostly a DS Player my current Teams are
    • Thrawn+Troopers (that is my "Rey" Squad that do so much in all Phases and let me play for Top5 since i have Empire faction nearly maxed too)
    • zVader,zSidious,zNihilus,etc. works fine once you manage to get DoTs stick
    • BH Team with Jawa Engineer, since its T6 TD are fine and BH got a little Upgrade too (but i geared most up and overall the PvE Update wasnt good enough! I try to get Bossk to 6* the next weeks to use him too, but currently its only another 1mio+ Team. Which is bad, since its the latest rework feat pve focus and it clearly don't match with Rey, Troopers or P4 NS Teams, so the reworked clearly missed the goal to present another raid team - i still play it since its a) fun to play and b) i invested into them with G12 etc.)
    • Droids with HK lead, R2,BB8, IG86 and IG88 or GG (both G12 and it depends if i use IG88 under Boba and Grievous uncounterable Basic is nice vs Sion P2)
    • "Left over Team" is either a G12 Krennic-Empire Team or a zeta KRU Team with Fox which isnt build up enough but overall both are good enough for another 500k or more.

Sometimes i also throw in GK or run a fun Barris+4 Jawas Team P1 (good enough for 500k^^)

I am motivated since i love the game and enjoy most parts and try to support my guild. Overall i enjoy to tinker around and try different teams and ideas. Its also nice to score really high without Rey with my well build Empire faction. On the other side it totally understand guild members. It can be very frustrating to see that a team around Rey (already Arena Meta) is also the best idea for the new raid. Moneywise it may be good for CG but designwise making Rey super important can't be the right way. Watching Arena chat or forum/reddit to see entire guilds change, since players left or get kicked (if the dont have rey or farm vets etc.) makes me sad.

I enjoy the fact, that the raid has mechanics that need a player (P1 catching Nihilus or remove Isolate etc.). This should prevent hitting "Auto Battle" in the future too. Combine the Sith Triumvirat as a challenge in P4 is also nice.
    Compared to Rancor/AAT this raid is also frustrating with RNG mechanics or the "debuff immune" idea across ALL phases... immun vs Debuffs & TM reduction means entire Teams and a lot of toons can't be used or are crippled (also a reason why Rey lead is so dominant,hint: Expose nerf....the debuff itself was fine, hitting all other characters with Expose too was a wrong step, same for not only nerfing St.Han, also hitting Krennic+DT - which needed a zeta! etc.).
    Gamedesign finally reached the point with "immun" vs "can't be Resisted" which screams: "It's a Trap!"
    It will be a long way for my guild to be able to beat heroric, especially since latest faction rework missed the part to present another strong Raid Squad (wasn't it the idea behind the rework is not for Arena?). Its also frustrating to get a bunch of new Toons (Bossk, or BH that most players haven't build up) or new characters from Solo movie and all the other nice stuff from the last months (fox, sion etc.) that you simply can't unlock/farm if you haven't done the "Farm for Rey" Wall. The game is already well-filled with so many options that even money will only get you "shards" or "pieces" which also translate into "is it worth it?". I will still play this game and will try to do my best at sith raid but i also hope for more "real" playable Squads or a rework of the "immun to everthing" design at this raid.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member

We grind T6, also tried T5 but rewards are worse so we agreed that its better to grap some pieces of G12 stuff

About 110 Mio, but overall since its casual guild we have a strong top 5 a good bunch of around 20 players that particapte too and leftovers that more or less are only registered and are super frustrated with the raid mechanic. So we currently never reach the "GP" level.

We currently use all the common teams, but building up Teams like Rey, NS etc. takes time and since our guild is casual friendly no one is forced to spend or farm Vets for Rey etc.

Since i am mostly a DS Player my current Teams are
    • Thrawn+Troopers (that is my "Rey" Squad that do so much in all Phases and let me play for Top5 since i have Empire faction nearly maxed too)
    • zVader,zSidious,zNihilus,etc. works fine once you manage to get DoTs stick
    • BH Team with Jawa Engineer, since its T6 TD are fine and BH got a little Upgrade too (but i geared most up and overall the PvE Update wasnt good enough! I try to get Bossk to 6* the next weeks to use him too, but currently its only another 1mio+ Team. Which is bad, since its the latest rework feat pve focus and it clearly don't match with Rey, Troopers or P4 NS Teams, so the reworked clearly missed the goal to present another raid team - i still play it since its a) fun to play and b) i invested into them with G12 etc.)
    • Droids with HK lead, R2,BB8, IG86 and IG88 or GG (both G12 and it depends if i use IG88 under Boba)
    • "Left over Team" is either a G12 Krennic-Empire Team or a zeta KRU Team with Fox which isnt build up enough but overall both are good enough for another 500k or more.

Sometimes i also throw in GK or run a fun Barris+4 Jawas Team P1 (good enough for 500k^^)

I am motivated since i love the game and enjoy most parts and try to support my guild. Overall i enjoy to tinker around and try different teams and ideas. Its also nice to score really high without Rey with my well build Empire faction. On the other side it totally understand guild members. It can be very frustrating to see that a team around Rey (already Arena Meta) is also the best idea for the new raid. Moneywise it may be good for CG but designwise making Rey super important can't be the right way. Watching Arena chat or forum/reddit to see entire guilds change, since players left or get kicked (if the dont have rey or farm vets etc.) makes me sad.

I enjoy the fact, that the raid has mechanics that need a player (P1 catching Nihilus or remove Isolate etc.). This should prevent hitting "Auto Battle" in the future too. Combine the Sith Triumvirat as a challenge in P4 is also nice.
    Compared to Rancor/AAT this raid is also frustrating with RNG mechanics or the "debuff immune" idea across ALL phases... immun vs Debuffs & TM reduction means entire Teams and a lot of toons can't be used or a crippled (also a reason why Rey lead is so dominant). Gamedesign finally reached the point with "immun" vs "can't be Resisted" which screams: "It's a Trap!"
    It will be a long way for my guild to be able to beat heroric, especially since latest faction rework missed the part to present another strong Raid Squad (wasn't it the idea behind the rework is not for Arena?). Its also frustrating to get a bunch of new Toons (Bossk, or old BH that most players haven't build up) or new characters from Solo movie and all the other nice stuff from the last months (fox, sion etc.) that you simply can't unlock/farm if you haven't done the "Farm for Rey" Wall. The game is already well-filled with so many options that even money will only get you some "shards" or little "pieces" which also translate into "is it worth it?". I will still play this game and will try to do my best at sith raid but i also hope for more "real" playable Squads or a rework of the "immun to everthing" design at this raid.
This discussion has been closed.