Content Update 5/14/2018 [Mega]

Prev13
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited May 2018
Hey Holotable Heroes!

You can find what is included in our 05/14/2018 Content Update below:

NEW CHARACTERS
To celebrate the upcoming release of the new Solo: A Star Wars Story film in theaters, Young Han Solo and Vandor Chewbacca will be arriving to the Holotables this week! Acquire, power up, and fight with these new Scoundrels and plan your own galactic heists!
To read more about their abilities check out the Character Kit Reveal posts linked below: Strategy guides forthcoming!

EVENTS
Time to Prepare! Experience the newest Marquee events with this release: Preparation Perfection! In these events lean about the new Preparation buff and how Young Han Solo and Vandor Chewbacca use this buff to increase some of their abilities to new levels of power!

Preparation Perfection I
Unlock Young Han Solo! Yields enough shards to unlock a 3-Star Young Han Solo.
  • Event begins: May 17th
  • Level requirements for event: 20+
  • Forced Ally: Young Han Solo

Preparation Perfection II
Unlock Vandor Chewbacca! Yields enough shards to unlock a 3-Star Vandor Chewbacca.
  • Event begins: May 17th
  • Level requirements for event: 20+
  • Forced Ally: Vandor Chewbacca

PACKS AND BUNDLES
Ability Materials Pack
The Ability Materials Pack returns for a very limited time!
Each pack contains:
  • 9-25 Omega Ability Materials
  • 20-50 MkIII Ability Materials
Date start: May 17th - May 19th
Maximum # purchases: 1 per day
Minimum Level requirements: 70+

Heist: Han Solo Bundle
Bundle includes:
  • Young Han Solo (x30)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date start: May 17th
Maximum # purchases: 1
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Heist: Chewbacca Bundle
Bundle includes:
  • Vandor Chewbacca (x30)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: May 17th
Maximum # purchases: 1

Heist: Han Solo Pack
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Young Han Solo and may drop up to 330 SHARDS!
1299 Crystals
Maximum # purchases per day: No limit

Heist: Chewbacca Pack
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Vandor Chewbacca and may drop up to 330 SHARDS!
1299 Crystals
Maximum # purchases per day: No limit

TERRITORY BATTLE CHANGES
Captain Han Solo Requirement Changes
One of the more commonly reported bugs has to do with the User Interface disappearing from the game during combat, making it impossible to finish a battle. While this occurs in several different parts of the game, it happens most frequently during Territory Battles, and we have isolated one of the causes as Captain Han Solo’s abilities.

Because he has been a required character on the Light Side Territory Battle, and until we are able to fix the root cause of the bug, we are removing Captain Han Solo as a requirement until we are able to fix the larger issue. We will be reinstating him as a requirement at that time.

Rebel Assault 5/21 - 5/26 Rescheduled
We are rescheduling the instance of Rebel Assault on 5/21 - 5/26 to an undetermined date soon. We will provide an update by the end of the week. For more information and updates check out this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/169265/state-of-the-galaxy-5-11-18#latest

TERRITORY WAR FACTION BONUS ABILITIES
New bonus abilities for the upcoming Territory Wars! (These are in addition to existing Territory War Faction Bonuses. Both Bounty Hunter and Scoundrel bonuses will be active during the next Territory War starting on 5/15)

Wetwork: Whenever a Bounty Hunter scores a Critical Hit, they Dispel all debuffs on themselves and gain +15% Critical Damage (stacking) for the rest of the battle.
A Step Ahead: Scoundrels have +20% Critical Chance as long as they have Protection.

SHIP SHARD MIGRATION
The previously mentioned Ship Shard migration, which will only affect a single, outlier ship shard, will take place on Thursday, May 17th.

For players in this shard, an in-game inbox message should arrive with more details. For more information on why this migration is taking place, please refer to the State of the Galaxy - 5/11/18 post.

SHARD SHUFFLE
The following characters are now farmable in the following locations:
Sith Marauder
  • Cantina 6-E
  • Replaces Jedi Consular

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Vandor Chewbacca’s Unique, “Ferocious Protector”, is incorrectly described in languages other than English. We are rushing an updated translation that we will deploy before the character Marquees go live. For now, please reference the English version of the ability kit.
FIXES
  • Updated Darth Traya’s “Bond’s of Weakness” ability description to correctly reflect that the damage is unavoidable. Note: Bond’s of Weakness has worked this way since we released the Sith Triumvirate Raid but the ability description did not mention that the damage was unavoidable. This should not modify the current experience as nothing about the battle is changing. We originally balanced the raid around the damage being unavoidable but we would like to hear your thoughts if you have feedback on the raid balance in regards to this issue or the Sith raid in general here: Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback
  • Updated Sion’s “Cycle of Pain” ability description to correctly reflect that units can gain Cycle of Pain if they damage Any enemy during a friendly or enemy turn instead of only during the enemy’s turn. Note: Cycle of Pain has also worked this way since we released the Sith Triumvirate Raid but the ability description did not mention that players could receive stacks of pain even if it was their turn. The difficulty of the Raid should remain unchanged. Please click the link above if you have feedback about this change or about the Sith Triumvirate Raid.
Note: We have seen a wide variety of feedback around the Sith Triumvirate Raid and we would like to hear about your experiences with the raid in the discussion thread here: Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback A quick thank you to everyone who has already sent us some very detailed feedback here or Reddit.
  • Boba Fett's in-battle payout description now matches with the ability description.
  • Updated the level 8 ability text for Boba Fett's "Execute" to match his level 1-7 ability text.
  • Fixed an issue where Raid Darth Nihilus can sometimes incorrectly reduce Annihilate’s cooldown when he uses his basic ability.
  • Darth Nihilus will now correctly recover Health and gain Turn Meter when Darth Traya or Darth Sion is inflicted with a special debuff.
  • Darth Nihilus’s "Drain Force" will now have 100% trigger chance against enemies with Plague.
  • Darth Traya’s "Deceptive Strike" will now correctly inflict Stun on target enemy if there is a Stunned ally.
  • Fixed the following leader abilities so the icon buffs they grant will no longer stack with the same icon buff from other sources:
    • Grandmaster Yoda Leader: Tenacity Up
    • Count Dooku Leader: Offense Up
    • Clone Wars Chewbacca Leader: Defense Up
    • Plo Koon Leader: Offense Up
  • Kylo Ren’s "Lash Out" ability has been fixed to correctly deal bonus damage in the base tier of his ability.
  • [Localization] Fixed the German text for Chief Chirpa's special ability "Ancestral Secrets".
  • [Localization] Fixed a German localization bug for Darth Vader's ability.
  • [Localization] Fixed the Spanish text for Bossk's special ability "Hunting Party".
  • [Localization] Updated several incorrect Spanish strings for the abilities of Asajj Ventress, Visas Marr, Darth Sion and Darth Traya.
  • [Audio] Fixed Dengar's missing sound effects for “Blast & Smash” ability.
  • [Audio] The Cantina level environment should now correctly play battle music in the foreground and Cantina ambient music in the background.
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• So, Han is like cowbell...never enough?
  • Hey, what about young Lando and Daenerys? I need these two.
    Ooba hutar.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Updated Sion’s “Cycle of Pain” ability description to correctly reflect that units can gain Cycle of Pain if they damage Any enemy during a friendly or enemy turn instead of only during the enemy’s turn. Note: Cycle of Pain has also worked this way since we released the Sith Triumvirate Raid but the ability description did not mention that players could receive stacks of pain even if it was their turn.

o9jzDVA.gif
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    So, Han is like cowbell...never enough?

e78y08wt9p8i.png
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • mt875249
    119 posts Member
    And I wonder if they’re gonna have a ship or not! Bossk didn’t come with a ship but really should have! Hoping this is because of the impending ships 2.0! Really should have the Hounds Tooth and the new falcon with the weird look!
  • TW Faction Bonus? Really?
    This is the only PVP like (!) we have.
    And you give some guildes another handicap?
  • Cool, lets see how everything plays out.
  • No fix on the damage bug in p4 sith raid ?
  • Cool so Darth Nihilus is gonna be even more cheap.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Faction bonus only for TW? That’s lame. This is just a way to try and get better participation. My guild if we are lucky can get 34/50 for one. Ships changing is going to be a fail. Not sure why this is happening. I just do not see the reason for taking it from 5 to 3 ships. You need more ships. That’s what will help ships. Not doing something like this. And for the Sith raid, make it fun instead of a chore. Cut some HP, drop Nihilus’s protection. Phase 1 and 4 are simply designed to make it as hard as possible and it just makes people not want to do it.
  • snakeye626 wrote: »
    No fix on the damage bug in p4 sith raid ?

They addressed in the "State of the Galaxy". They did say they are working hard but are not sure when it will come.
    Faction bonus only for TW? That’s lame. This is just a way to try and get better participation. My guild if we are lucky can get 34/50 for one. Ships changing is going to be a fail. Not sure why this is happening. I just do not see the reason for taking it from 5 to 3 ships. You need more ships. That’s what will help ships. Not doing something like this. And for the Sith raid, make it fun instead of a chore. Cut some HP, drop Nihilus’s protection. Phase 1 and 4 are simply designed to make it as hard as possible and it just makes people not want to do it.

Why is it lame? If you're lucky to only get 34/50 then wouldn't you want this change, which would bring better participation? Also, why say it's just going to fail without seeing how it's going to work? They do need more ships, most definitely, but that's not to say that this will not help. It is also slightly aimed a bit more at the younger/newer players. Older players do not need simplified ships, nor shorter matches, though that is definitely something that I recall wanting as a younger player when ships first came out. But that is just me, I just do not think you should judge before it comes out, you know?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Alteisen76 wrote: »
    TW Faction Bonus? Really?
    This is the only PVP like (!) we have.
    And you give some guildes another handicap?

FYI, currently FO and resistance have a faction bonus in TW.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • How about a new legendary toon that we can unlock at 7* without costing $500? Oh wait then you make no money....duh silly question those days are done apparently
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So the takeaway message that I’m hearing is that there isn’t enough panic farming money left so the money is in marquee and journey events. Utimaty they’ll get us with the 8 attempts on hard nodes but no increase in energy cap

2 for the price of 1, release 2 characters via marquee, make them a requirement for the upcomming journey.
    edit: ^speculation based on nothing other than gut feeling (and some similarities with the past)
    Post edited by leef on
  • What does vandor mean ? Is it a planet ?
  • EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    leef wrote: »
    So the takeaway message that I’m hearing is that there isn’t enough panic farming money left so the money is in marquee and journey events. Utimaty they’ll get us with the 8 attempts on hard nodes but no increase in energy cap

2 for the price of 1, release 2 characters via marquee, make them a requirement for the upcomming journey.

Did I miss something? Is there a journey upcoming?
    Ooba hutar.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Did I miss something? Is there a journey upcoming?

Not that i know of, i'm just speculating. I'll edit my post to avoid further confusion.
  • What does vandor mean ? Is it a planet ?

HOW DARE YOU GIVE SPOILERS
    I'm kidding, yeah it's going to be a planet in the new movie, pretty sure it's where Han meets Chewie or maybe where a huge battle is, or both.
  • Who has the hots in this game for Solo and Chewie? Don’t we have enough of them?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Anyone else have marquee fatigue? Would be nice for any character to be released via legendary event for once.
  • Sharonp
    30 posts Member
    So am I to assume that the ROLO special mission in LS Territory Battle can be attempted now with just a 5* hoth rebel soldier?
  • Don’t really see the reason for another Han and Chewy just make clone war Chewbacca into original trilogy Chewbacca. They should add the range and mud troopers and young Lando. These characters have as much hype around them as Rose did and I know several people that haven’t even unlocked her
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Anyone else have marquee fatigue? Would be nice for any character to be released via legendary event for once.

So you’d rather panic farm for some OP toon you probably won’t even unlock and then have to battle it every day in arena than be handed a free toon with no effort?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    If they released a legendary character people would still find a way to complain. Just take the free character, finish a project until they’re ftp
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

So you’d rather panic farm for some OP toon you probably won’t even unlock and then have to battle it every day in arena than be handed a free toon with no effort?

Considering the endless combinations to unlock Young Han...yeah I’m pretty confident I can at least get them at 5*.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    If they released a legendary character people would still find a way to complain. Just take the free character, finish a project until they’re ftp

Such is the way of life now in the game -_-
    Not digging the constant marquee releases but oh well. Onward with getting my Ewoks ready haha
  • What_Why
    59 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Considering the endless combinations to unlock Young Han...yeah I’m pretty confident I can at least get them at 5*.

"Endless combinations". I don't think you know what endless means... There's 1) Marquee event. 2) new release $ pack. 3) lottery pack using crystals.

• @CG_SBCrumb I know you all are very tight lipped about upcoming toons in the game but if you don’t reply to this post I will take it as confirmation that 2 new imperial troopers will be added! Thanks!
    Also welcome to the fun house!