Ship Shard “Migration” is just a split?

Replies

• Options
    Lol, you really believe it is unfair because your arena is "too hard." Nah man, you are just the squeaky wheel that they want to grease because there might be a business advantage to it. Whatever.

Clearly written by someone not in this ship shard. You’d be frustrated too...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    Here’s the conservative math...

6 months @ 4 weeks per month @ 7 days per week = 168 days.

168 days @ 100 extra ship currency for finishing top 200 instead of top 500 = 16,800 extra ship currency.

16,800 ÷ 2,000 currency per mat =

8.4 zeta mats missed out on.

What are you talking about? It’s not been 6 months since we are in this shard. It’s been 1.5 years!

It’s more like:

500 days of ships, each day we missed at least 200 ship currency. That makes 100k currency missed, or 50 zeta mats. That’s the conservative number!

Bull... you never farmed a single char or ship from there ??? 1800 at FP gets you 20 shards a day
    Thats like 6+ months of farming or more to get every thing IF you were getting first so no not 50 zeta mats. Not even close unless you did NOT fRm anything then you have crap fleet no first anyway.

Whales say they want fleet currncy buy a refresh or 10 move up...

i mean you have a right to complain prob not a right to post misleading numbers to try and get a bigger payout from CG anyway good luck on your compensation

Im fine withwhater is decided if fair but i hope you all dont think jummping into established shards and expect to jum to top 10.... going to find same stuff.... i do agree maybe top 500 be easier.... again lots of people refresh to get up there and stay there... normal ppl i sympathize with it must suck .... whales... nah buy refreshes
  • JDSteady
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I've also been stuck in this ship shard and frankly it has completely ruined the entire game mode for me. I have the meta ships with g12 pilots and can barely crack the top 500 if I try. Not worth the effort, I just start one battle and forfeit to finish the daily. Glad to see CG is finally doing something about it, albeit a year or so too late.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Glad they are trying. Saw my guild mates win top spots with fleets that would be the dregs of my shard for the last year and half. Made me wonder what I did wrong to get placed in a Sea World shard while wearing a tuna suit.
  • Options
    @leef, I am being migrated and am in that sub #1000 bracket, all of my battles are against fleets with over 450k power, so as a competitive bracket the numbers down to 1500-1600 are all relatively solid fleets. I personally run 460k on my fleet and struggle to break top 800
  • Inquilabi
    118 posts Member
    Options
    good luck today everybody!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ship shards started when ships opened are all going to be made up of more competitive players than squad shards. They are smaller and were only made of active players at the time of conception.

Is that for real? They were made of only active players at the time? So where does a player that comes back from taking over a year off go? Do they put him into a new players shard? I knew they were smaller, and most in mine had the same story, they started at launch, took 8-10 months off, came back to the game just before the launch of ships. I definitely assumed there were a bunch of inactives at the bottom of every shard, even right when they launched ships.

I had no idea this was a problem. I took 6 months off right before ships came out, I had been playing since game launch. I came back and found it easy to get into the top 100 and now that I have maxed all my ships I don't drop below 30 in my ship shard. Seems extremely wrong that I get benefits for taking time off. I hope they award a ton of ship currency to the outlier group.
  • Options
    I'm in it as well. Lmao at all of you saying we're crying. I bet our top 1000 ships heck rank 1500 ships could take first in your arenas no problem
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    I'm in it as well. Lmao at all of you saying we're crying. I bet our top 1000 ships heck rank 1500 ships could take first in your arenas no problem

So what rank are you in fleet? 1501?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

So?

That's like saying the bottom active guy in a launch arena shard could beat out the top guy in a new shard.

Duh. If you have too many guys in a shard, then absolutely split it into new shards. But they should be in their own new shards, not mixed in with existing shards - especially shards newer than the ones they were in.

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    Options
    This shard has a very high number of players at the same level with regards to fleet power. Since CG never cared about ships and meta remained stable people would have had to spend lots of crystals to make it to the top. Once there the probability to drop is smaller. This is comparable to older squad arena shards, except for the occasional shake up due to meta changes. In older squad arena shards people with 106k squads struggle to make it to top 200 whereas people at the top have the same squads. This is the key flaw of arena system and many experienced this issue: floating between 100 and 200 or 50 and 100. Once you enter the next higher range you don’t drop again usually. But it costs lots of crystals to make it there.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps once a year they should re-balance ALL shards?
  • EvgeniKessel
    217 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Don't suppose anyone still has the in-game message? If so, is there a time reference for when the work will be happening? I want to make sure I'm not playing while this shift happens and I deleted the message.

Edit: Never mind. Update announcement is up.
    Go Pens!
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Perhaps once a year they should re-balance ALL shards?

Nope.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ghost_Goh
    152 posts Member
    Options
    So when will this migration be over? I'm wondering because I just won a battle and didn't move from my spot in #574 so clearly it's happening now...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I remember reading about this shard.

When they fleet shards for fleet were being made they were balanced by current gp or arena rank or something. This shard ended up being all launch players that were constantly top of their arena ranks.

Cg thouhts it was fair to have players of similar gp in together but it created this hyper competitive whale shard.

Im jappy for you guay that it is heing made soemwhat easier for you to get decent ranks.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Im jappy for you guay

fnkn.gif
  • Options
    @leef, I am being migrated and am in that sub #1000 bracket, all of my battles are against fleets with over 450k power, so as a competitive bracket the numbers down to 1500-1600 are all relatively solid fleets. I personally run 460k on my fleet and struggle to break top 800

I don't get the point of all those posts about fleet Power
    Fleet Power doesnt matter because after 1.5 years everyone is maxed out
    So the only difference is the activity and the willing to buy unlimited refreshes to get to Top 1

You guys will still Face all those maxed out fleets in other 1.5 Year old shards

You may just not have like 400+ superactive guys that fight 100 Ship battles every day to get to the Top Spot

That is pretty much the only difference

• Ghost_Goh
    152 posts Member
    Options
    All I care about is finishing top 200. Not being able to crack the top 500 is horse manure.
  • Options
    all this sounds like a union rally...
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Options
    dailotom wrote: »

unions ruin the world lol
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So ... because your shard is more competitive than average, you should all be relocated to (for you) less competitive shards, where you have an advantage over everybody else in said shard, and easily be able to take top positions?

Ehm no ... the people in the shard you would be inserted into have invested accordingly to the "motion of the ocean" in their respective shards and fight sufficiently hard every day to improve positions, keep top spots and so on. That should not be punished by introducing them to a few apex predator ship commanders.

You (and others from your outlier ship shard) have a highly competitive edge in TW and an easier time in TB than everybody else. Find comfort in that and save the salt.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    You (and others from your outlier ship shard) have a highly competitive edge in TW and an easier time in TB than everybody else. Find comfort in that and save the salt.

You need to explain this more because I cannot figure out how being in a stacked ship shard gives you an advantage in TW and TB. If anything it disadvantages you because you don't have a crystal income to help build your roster more.
  • Options
    I'm a little confused why people can't climb above 500? Is it that they are unable to win fights or is it that they choose not to?

This must be an older shard and, as such, it's probable that EVERYBODY has a maxed meta fleet. All G12.3 pilots, all 7*. If you've been playing the game for two years and you don't have that at this point, that's sort of one you, even with the discrepancy in 'compensation' for being in an overpopulated shard (which I'm completely sympathetic to and think you guys should all get 60-100 zeta mats for your troubles).

Once you're maxed, the only thing preventing you from climbing is the number of crystals you want to spend on refreshes, and the luck or (lack of it) in getting targeted for a battle. There's only so much you can develop a fleet, and only so much required to beat that maxed fleet. It's the same reason why F2P has a chance in this game, the biggest benefit whales have is time, but eventually everyone can Max something.
  • Options
    It'd be better if they just entirely revamped both arena systems. They both stink. They are anti-fun. They are during dinner/family time. They promote collusion and griefing.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

So?

That's like saying the bottom active guy in a launch arena shard could beat out the top guy in a new shard.
    Except that most of the leaderboards were created on the same day. Day 1 for ships had a heckuva lot more players than Day 1 for Arena, leading to a heckuva lot more leaderboards being created. This old board won't be broken up until new boards, but rather will be divided amongst other Day 1 fleet leaderboards that have been depopulated over time.
    dailotom wrote: »
    Yeah, it sounds like a great way to work together to ensure the common good. Agreed.
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    So ... because your shard is more competitive than average, you should all be relocated to (for you) less competitive shards, where you have an advantage over everybody else in said shard, and easily be able to take top positions?
    Except that all the Day 1 boards are the same age, and since there are only a dozen ships that are worth a **** we've all already got them maxed out. They have no advantage over anyone. They invested the same net quantity of resources the rest of us did, but got less returns on that investment because their leaderboard was weird.

I swear, the level of "I Got Mine"ism on this board is through the goddamned roof...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    This thread is...something. To clarify, OP, isn't the issue not just that there are tons of good players in your ship shard, but that there are like 500+ with the same payout? (That was my understanding from the CG post). If that's the case, I don't see how people are NOT sympathetic towards this. I have like 12 people in my arena payout slot and I find it frustrating some days (even with a rotation), so I can't imagine having 500 in the same time slot. If I'm misunderstanding this point, then I apologize. But it's crazy to think people are saying "sucks to suck" and "don't mess with my shard." He's proposing adding like ONE person to each of the thousands of already existing shards. Sorry to hear about these shenanigans, OP
  • Options
    I'm a little confused why people can't climb above 500? Is it that they are unable to win fights or is it that they choose not to?

It is not that they choose not to, for the older shards saying in the top 500 is not as easy as it sounds. For players that were not as active and are now playing more, it is very difficult to progress. For a long time I did not understand how fleet worked and lacked participation in that area. My fleet power is only 335K and staying in the top 500 is a daily grind. I move roughly 150-200 spots up and down constantly.
  • Options
    @TheRevJCred Right. Makes perfect sense. Sharing a payout with 200 people would be infuriating. It's like being in a busy payout around 50 or 20 in squad arena, only much much worse. Things are much more civilized inside the top 20.

I truly hope CG finds a way to adequately reflect the resource loss these individuals have had relative to those of us with less busy shards. As an example, I have an 8 month old account that can go several days without moving out of the 2 spot....Surely everyone can see how unfair that is relative to someone who drops from 50 to 400 in their overnight.